+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADDING SPOUSE TO PNP

Ankur25

Nov 12, 2014
Hi,
I am bit confused about my BCPNP application. I would be thankful if any one could help please. I had sent my application on 3rd Oct, 2014 and received acknowledgement on 12th november. As per current processing time my application would be due somewhere around december, 2015 or January, 2016. When i applied for PNP i was single but now my marriage has been planned. I am bit confused regarding decision of marriage and how to update my PNP application. ::)
Is it correct that adding spouse to application(UPDATION) will increase my application processing time. Should i wait for my PNP to get approved and then marry before applying PR for both of us. If i do so can i accompany my wife while our PR is in process in spite of fact that she was not on my PNP application.?

Any kind of guidance will be highly appreciable. :)

Thanks.
Ankur

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there is no increase in processing time if u add your spouse even it get slower if u add in cic processsing.i have seen number of cases those add their spouse during cic processing got slow response.
2nd its much better to add while your file is in pnp
3rd if you add your spouse before you got your pnp it is more chances for your spouse to get
open work permit( u must work category o, a ,b)

u still ask some member for better and clear advise. thanks and good luck.

Reactions: migrating_penguin96

Ankur25

Nov 12, 2014
delta304 said:
there is no increase in processing time if u add your spouse even it get slower if u add in cic processsing.i have seen number of cases those add their spouse during cic processing got slow response.
2nd its much better to add while your file is in pnp
3rd if you add your spouse before you got your pnp it is more chances for your spouse to get
open work permit( u must work category o, a ,b)

u still ask some member for better and clear advise. thanks and good luck.
Thanks delta... I really appreciate if any one else could pls help...

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ankur25 said:
Hi,
I am bit confused about my BCPNP application. I would be thankful if any one could help please. I had sent my application on 3rd Oct, 2014 and received acknowledgement on 12th november. As per current processing time my application would be due somewhere around december, 2015 or January, 2016. When i applied for PNP i was single but now my marriage has been planned. I am bit confused regarding decision of marriage and how to update my PNP application. ::)
Is it correct that adding spouse to application(UPDATION) will increase my application processing time. Should i wait for my PNP to get approved and then marry before applying PR for both of us. If i do so can i accompany my wife while our PR is in process in spite of fact that she was not on my PNP application.?

Any kind of guidance will be highly appreciable. :)

Thanks.
Ankur

Hi Ankur,
Processing time doesnt chane even if you change status, like what Delta said it is better to update your status now than doing it later. I know because we have somewhat similar case, but mine was a little bit more complicated. I applied August 2014, medical done by end of October. Added my spouse 2nd week of March 2015, done an outright medical 1st week of April. We crossed the border by 3rd week of June.

All the best.

r_alapadan

Oct 31, 2013
hello guys i applied for bc pnp in July 2015. I recently got married. So when i went throught most of the threads everyone suggested to let the pnp guys know of my marital status change and add the spouse into it. However she gotta do medicals for herself. In our case she is pregnant and during pregnancy period they wont be able to do the complete medicals(as far as I know). I am very much confused regarding this. Can anyone give a suggestion. Thank you in advance

maninder.gta

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
I got my AOR in February and i am toronto right now and i am planning to go to india and get married in a couple of months

so i need suggestion from you guys
as my open workpermit is going to expiry in nov 2016

should i get married after getting my medical request or should i get married after before medical request.

thanks in advance

I'm an OINP nominee, applying from Inside Canada.

My timeline so far:
Applied for OINP:
2015-09-10
OINP nomination received:
2015-10-10

Permanent residence application sent to Centralized Intake Office, Sydney, NS:
2015-11-10
AOR:
2016-02-12
MR:
still waiting:
DM :
still waiting
PPR :
still waiting

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
r_alapadan said:
hello guys i applied for bc pnp in July 2015. I recently got married. So when i went throught most of the threads everyone suggested to let the pnp guys know of my marital status change and add the spouse into it. However she gotta do medicals for herself. In our case she is pregnant and during pregnancy period they wont be able to do the complete medicals(as far as I know). I am very much confused regarding this. Can anyone give a suggestion. Thank you in advance
As per my knowledge you wife can do complete medical during her pregnancy. the reason why i suggest is because my wife did
when she was 3 months pregnant. only x ray has concern but for that in canada they give one protective belt so baby can be protected by
that belt.still it will upto to you. if you postpone any of medical then u will have to wait until your wife complete full medical.it will b time consuming
process for u. again final choice will b yours. good luck.