+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to existing PNP PR Application

AKS5

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
I dont remember what I read about pre arrival email, but I guess it was something being sent to 2017 and onward applicants . Check into those topics, it was related to something (security, BG, or Pre-screening) . Eligibility is what you have already passed.
Gotcha
Thanks !

AKS5

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
I dont remember what I read about pre arrival email, but I guess it was something being sent to 2017 and onward applicants . Check into those topics, it was related to something (security, BG, or Pre-screening) . Eligibility is what you have already passed.
What's your timeline?

AKS5

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Your file also got transferred to Etobicoke?
I have seen applicants here from 2016 !
I am June 2017 applicant hopefully everyone get’s PPR soon!
what was the processing time when you applied ?

Cuz what I have observed so far is add on applications are taking anywhere from 24 to 26 months

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Your file also got transferred to Etobicoke?
I have seen applicants here from 2016 !
I am June 2017 applicant hopefully everyone get’s PPR soon!
what was the processing time when you applied ?

Cuz what I have observed so far is add on applications are taking anywhere from 24 to 26 months
Can't say for sure dear but I am about to celebrate 26th month Anniversary :D
When I applied I think it was 15-16 months and then the rest was history. Yes there are many and everyone is trying to figure out what could be the next thing to expect. Still no clear sequence. Hopefully yes may be its the time when the wait is over.
I am pretty sure its in Calgary and they transfer specific case to Etobicoke. As per my guess if you and your spouse are in Canada they will transfer it to Etobicoke.

AKS5

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
When I applied I think it was 15-16 months and then the rest was history. Yes there are many and everyone is trying to figure out what could be the next thing to expect. Still no clear sequence. Hopefully yes may be its the time when the wait is over.
I am pretty sure its in Calgary and they transfer specific case to Etobicoke. As per my guess if you and your spouse are in Canada they will transfer it to Etobicoke.
Oh I see your’s is in Calgary VO
So they might be transferring candidates within Ontario to Etobicoke VO
Good luck !
Hopefully everyone gets PPR soon:)

ishp

Sep 27, 2016
Oh I see your’s is in Calgary VO
So they might be transferring candidates within Ontario to Etobicoke VO
Good luck !
Hopefully everyone gets PPR soon:)
no m file transfered to edmonton on 12 may
i apllied under ainp
my file transfered to etobicoke in august

Reactions: Mickeyy

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
26th month anniversary*. Hahahaha

Reactions: ayaz94

lxqguyu

Jan 2, 2018
Many congratulations! Glad to hear some good news.
Would you mind to confirm if your spouse is in Canada? Asking from a point that when they call for an interview I believe both the husband and wife have in-Canada addresses.
And for Additional Document: Did they request for Proof of relationship or Proof of funds?
Thanks! Yes, my spouse is in Canada. The Etobicoke office requested imm5669 update. No other additional documents.

Reactions: ayaz94

AKS5

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Just called cic today .
My eligibility is cleared .
But security not started yet.

Criminality initiated though!
Can anyone tell me how long will security check take?

Last edited:

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Just called cic today .
My eligibility is cleared .
But security not started yet.

Criminality initiated though!
Can anyone tell me how long will security check take?
I think your security check is going through. Its just that they don't update it until its cleared. And the agent also doesn't have any idea about it.
Eligibility is cleared once you get the AOR