+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to existing PNP PR Application

Sonia@93

Star Member
May 25, 2019
Hi there Shaurabh, I am right now facing the same situation. while having and active pnp pr application, I have received medical request and have submitted too, I'm about to get registration marriage done so please let me know if it advisable to get married at this point and yes then what are the do's and don'ts. How long did it take you to get the pr ultimately ?
Even I got married after my medical .

Sonia@93

Star Member
May 25, 2019
I did the same, best way is to call them and the agent will send you an email with all the required forms and documents you need to fill up and send. It wont take long for the application to be processed after medicals so i suggest you to call and send the application ASAP. The processing time will increase after your spouse will be added to the application.

Good luck
Do processing time increase. I just started my spouse visa process

RDD.

May 25, 2019
Hi,
Can anyone tell how long does it delay your application if you add your spouse to existing PNP PR application?
I applied Dec 2017, AOR Feb 2081, PCC and Medical exam May 2018.
Got married April 2019, added spouse after 15 days.
I added my spouse after 16 months of my application.
It has been 17 months already and my medical will expire by the end of this month.
Will they ask for my medical exam again?
Would applying for my husband’s open work permit be a good idea at this point?

Sonia@93

Star Member
May 25, 2019
Hi,
Can anyone tell how long does it delay your application if you add your spouse to existing PNP PR application?
It has been 17 months already and my medical will expire by the end of this month.
I did added mine too . No clue how long will it take.

Pjoshi2789

Mar 24, 2018
Hi,
Yes they might ask for re-medical, depending on the officer. I would advice you to apply for OWP include your AOR with the application. Did your spouse got medical request?

I was in the same situation as yours, i added my spouse after 8 months after my medical examination was requested. It took total of 28 months for my application to get approved at the time when i applied the processing time was 18months.

RDD.

May 25, 2019
Yes they might ask for re-medical, depending on the officer. I would advice you to apply for OWP include your AOR with the application. Did your spouse got medical request?

I was in the same situation as yours, i added my spouse after 8 months after my medical examination was requested. It took total of 28 months for my application to get approved at the time when i applied the processing time was 18months.
Did you get AOR again after adding your spouse?

RDD.

May 25, 2019

No he didn’t get his medical or PCC req yet.