+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse Post ITA

naveen0126

Jun 18, 2021
Hi All - Can we add spouse details post ITA & after adding spouse CRS score is still above cutoff. Need clarity on below:
-Will this make any impact on application. (Except CRS lower down)
- What document one have to provide to support changes & explanation (Any sample)
- Is it safe to do so
Experts comments pls. Thanks

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi All - Can we add spouse details post ITA & after adding spouse CRS score is still above cutoff. Need clarity on below:
-Will this make any impact on application. (Except CRS lower down)
- What document one have to provide to support changes & explanation (Any sample)
- Is it safe to do so
Experts comments pls. Thanks
First step is to call IRCC (if inland) or raise a webform to let them know of your status change.

After ITA before AOR:
- Adding spouse will affect your CRS.
- If spouse is adding points, then all the documents supporting that needs to be sent : ECA, IELTS, Work Experience, any other docs.
- PCC (country of origin and other countries if spouse has stayed over 6 months)
- If not CEC: Updated proof of funds.
- Marriage certificate.
- Spouse Passport details
- LOE

Along with all your necessary documents required to prove your eligibility.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Thanks for detailed response, What justification we can providing for adding spouse later?thx
Did you get married post ITA or do you wish to add spouse as accompanying?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I want to add spouse as accompanying was married before. My crs is about last cutoff 368 even after adding spouse.
If you are outland, you might want to look at PNP programs if the CRS is low.
Canada does allow to declare spouse as non accompanying during the application stage and change it later to accompanying post AOR.
More of than not, these applicants do have a valid reason to change that status and include the reason in the LOE.

naveen0126

Jun 18, 2021
Canada does allow to declare spouse as non accompanying during the application stage and change it later to accompanying post AOR.
More of than not, these applicants do have a valid reason to change that status and include the reason in the LOE.
I think for CEC it’s doesn’t matter if you are outland.

naveen0126

Jun 18, 2021
I got ITA without spouse accompanying (was married before); what should I add in LOE to add spouse. thanks

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I got ITA without spouse accompanying (was married before); what should I add in LOE to add spouse. thanks
The circumstances why your spouse did not join you before and why that situation has changed now and your spouse wishes to join you.

naveen0126

Jun 18, 2021
Dear Naeen, so what did you decide to do? Have you included your spouse? If yes what did you mention in the LOE?
Hi - I have decided to add my spouse. We can add spouse if CRS is about cutoff after making changes. In LOE - just mention we change our mind & want to travel together.

Reactions: jetender01

jetender01

Mar 15, 2021
Hi - I have decided to add my spouse. We can add spouse if CRS is about cutoff after making changes. In LOE - just mention we change our mind & want to travel together.
Hello - Thanks for your response.
Currently, your application is at which stage? For me, I am yet to submit my e-APR. Thanks.

jetender01

Mar 15, 2021
I received ITA on 24t June draw, yet to submit application. There's no issue in adding spouse if you are above cutoff , thanks
Yes dear my score after adding the spouse will be above the cut off.
One last question, do you know someome who has done this before and became successful? Thanks.