+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse name in passport for getting PCC is not Mandatory in India - Express Entry - Canada

KTrina

Jan 8, 2021
Hello,

Both myself and my husband are applying for PCC from Toronto. We have marriage certificate issued from Canada. But no marriage certificate from India as we were supposed to go to India and then Covid Hit.

So while applying for PCC- what should be our marital status ? Should I put single (as it is not in Indian records). So in that case my husband and me will not have spouse name on our PCCs. Is it okay not to have spouse name on PCCs?

But we are applying for PR together as we have Canadian marriage certificate.

Any suggestions please?

Thank You.

Stay Safe.

KainthA

Sep 12, 2020
Hello,

Both myself and my husband are applying for PCC from Toronto. We have marriage certificate issued from Canada. But no marriage certificate from India as we were supposed to go to India and then Covid Hit.

So while applying for PCC- what should be our marital status ? Should I put single (as it is not in Indian records). So in that case my husband and me will not have spouse name on our PCCs. Is it okay not to have spouse name on PCCs?

Any suggestions please?

Thank You.

Stay Safe.
According to me that should be fine.The information on pcc should match with your passport.
Still if you have doubt you can consult somebody.

Mishan

Feb 14, 2021
Hello,

Any suggestions please?

Thank You.

Stay Safe.
Hii KTrina I have the same issue right now exactly as you mentioned , Can you update me on your status, It would be great help!! Thanks

Arnikajain

Feb 20, 2021
Hi All, we applied for our PCC two days ago but we didn.t attach our marriage certificate. and our passports are also not updated ones.
Can we make changes to PCC application . Please reply if anybody knows.

Jass.

Mar 10, 2021
I have exact same situation. Did you applied as single or married . I jzt have marriage certificate that issued in canada.

Mishan

Feb 14, 2021
I have exact same situation. Did you applied as single or married . I jzt have marriage certificate that issued in canada.
No need to update in passport and they are not asking for marriage certificate as well but in my case I attached marriage certificate in documents for safer side and I got my PCC.

Jass.

Mar 10, 2021
Thankuu
Also i am the main applicant. So me and my husband have to submit different application for pcc at bls? Also what question police ask from neighbour or family member.

Mishan

Feb 14, 2021
Thankuu
Also i am the main applicant. So me and my husband have to submit different application for pcc at bls? Also what question police ask from neighbour or family member.
Ya both have to submit different application and asking questions in india it’s depends on police of different area but normally they don’t ask toomuch they only need some documents print like passport, photo , adhar card etc.

Jass.

Mar 10, 2021
Ya both have to submit different application and asking questions in india it’s depends on police of different area but normally they don’t ask toomuch they only need some documents print like passport, photo , adhar card etc.
Thankuu

do photo copy works. As my parents don’t have original one as i carry along with me when i moved to canada but they have scancopy

sukhjass

Feb 3, 2018
Someone pls help am so confused
My wife is in canada am in india
Our pr file is in process
My wife needed bls pcc
If she applied as single not married
Will it cause any trouble?
Because her parents not agreed to our marriage so we didn’t told them about our marriage
So if she attached our marriage certificate with pcc application the verification office will ask her parents about marriage
So if she just applied as single is it ok ?????

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Someone pls help am so confused
My wife is in canada am in india
Our pr file is in process
My wife needed bls pcc
If she applied as single not married
Will it cause any trouble?
Because her parents not agreed to our marriage so we didn’t told them about our marriage
So if she attached our marriage certificate with pcc application the verification office will ask her parents about marriage
So if she just applied as single is it ok ?????
PCC does not ask for marriage status/declare marriage status but if there's a field, she cannot declare single since she is legally married..
I don't quite understand the part where verification office asks about your wife's status to her parents.

sukhjass

Feb 3, 2018
PCC does not ask for marriage status/declare marriage status but if there's a field, she cannot declare single since she is legally married..
I don't quite understand the part where verification office asks about your wife's status to her parents.
Her parents don’t know about our marriage if she declare married in pcc application when police visited her home for verification they ask her parents that his daughter is married or not ?

Reactions: neo69

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Her parents don’t know about our marriage if she declare married in pcc application when police visited her home for verification they ask her parents that his daughter is married or not ?
As far as I remember, the verification was just to check if the person stayed at the place. Although the police office will have the details with them.