+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse in EE application before PPR.

KSwathy

Nov 4, 2015
cyronn said:
That's quite subjective. There have been people in this forum who have moved to PPR stage within a few short weeks after submitting their documents, while for others it has taken even upto 7 months. Assuming all your documents are in order you can expect it to be done anytime within 6 months, as CIC maintains.
Ok Thanks. My husbands' COPR is valid till March 2016 and he cannot complete his landing procedures till my process is complete.
So, hopefully CIC will take a note of this to complete the procedure before the expiry of his COPR.

pgupta8

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
I am in a peculiar situation here. Got my CoPR and one time entry visa stamped, valid till 18-July-2016. I am yet to land and got my marriage planned for 10-July-2016. My fiancé is a working professional in India. Now there seem to be 2 options in front of me:-

1. Land before marriage and apply for a family sponsorship later. But the problem with this option is that I can only sponsor her only if I start residing in Canada first (just read this rule on CIC website) and also the processing time is around 17-24 months. This would mean a possible break in her employment (as we would not like to live separately after marriage). Plus I don't have a job right now in Canada and don't want to put more uncertainties in already complex process. So not sure if this is a good option.

2. Go for a court marriage before and add her as an applicant to my existing application. This would reduce my points to between 454-466 (depending on her IELTS score) from 478 at this time. Then let CIC decide if they want to issue her a PR or not within my application.

3. Let the CoPR go waste and file for a new express entry profile and loose 1 more year.

Really confused right now. Any suggestion with explanation would be really helpful.

Also if I go for option2, which all documents should I be prepared to send for my fiance. Particularly interested to know if she would be required to give IELTS, Education Credential Assessment (ECA), Birth certificate, PCC as these would take time to procure.

Kb1771

May 18, 2016
Hello Cyronn,

I kind of have a similar situation where i received my OINP with 600 points in my cic account. I am on my work permit which is expiring in a month. I have a fiance backhome and i would like to get married after getting my ITA so we both can get our immigration done together.
Whats the bet way for me to do it?

Please assist

Thanks

dean123

Jun 4, 2016
KSwathy said:
Ok Thanks. My husbands' COPR is valid till March 2016 and he cannot complete his landing procedures till my process is complete.
So, hopefully CIC will take a note of this to complete the procedure before the expiry of his COPR.
Hi KSwathy, I saw in another thread that you have gotten your 2nd PPR already in April (congrats!!). Was your husband asked to do a second medical to get a new COPR expiry date?

Uchiha Itachi

Mar 21, 2016
dean123 said:
Hi KSwathy, I saw in another thread that you have gotten your 2nd PPR already in April (congrats!!). Was your husband asked to do a second medical to get a new COPR expiry date?
does anyone know if non-accompanying spouse have to do interview? I recently added my spouse to my FSW application because we got married after i got copr and before we landed.

Feb 8, 2017
Uchiha Itachi said:
does anyone know if non-accompanying spouse have to do interview? I recently added my spouse to my FSW application because we got married after i got copr and before we landed.
hello, I hope you will be enjoying in Canada by now :) i just want to ask how much time it took for you to get your spouse's copr. And what about your copr did they cancel it and reissued with your spouse or they only issued your spouse's copr at second time?