+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse in EE application before PPR.

viscaelbarca

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
Doc's Request.
01-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
IELTS Request
01-06-2015
Med's Done....
17-04-2015
Passport Req..
27-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
I have question. I got married 29th August. I let know to CIC week after that about my weeding and ask them how I can add my spouse to application. They reply my this message by mail:
Dear P......,

Instructions will follow in a separate email on how to add your spouse to your permanent residence application. Please disregard our recent email dated 2015/09/13 requesting that you send your passport to our offices for COPR printing. Please do not send your passport to us at this time – we will request yours and your spouse’s passport at a later date when they have been added to your application.

Couple hours later I got a messsage on my CIC - Request letter. It's a pdf form "INCLUSION OF A SPOUSE ON A PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICATION, QUESTIONS FOR THE SPOUSE OF THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT" (7 pages) to fill out. I made it, enclose a second sheets of paper with all photos, messages, explanations etc.

Now I log to myCIC account trying to upload this form, sheets with answers and letter of explanation. But, doing this, I saw on a page "Documents submitted by the client", that they required a document name as: Proof of Relationship
You must provide proof of your relationship with your host or family member. This can include:
-a marriage certificate
-Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM5409)
-a birth certificate
-an official document naming you as a parent
-a copy of the inside back cover of the inviter’s passport showing the inviter’s parents, if applicable

I thought that first they want only make a small background check about my relationship, to find out why I want to add spouse to my application right now. That's why they send me this form for spouse and give me 7 days to made it. Later, they check it and request all remaining documents for my spouse as a marriage certificate, police certificate, medical exam, RPRF.....

Any opinion, suggest will be helpful for me.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
viscaelbarca said:
I have question. I got married 29th August. I let know to CIC week after that about my weeding and ask them how I can add my spouse to application. They reply my this message by mail:
Dear P......,

Instructions will follow in a separate email on how to add your spouse to your permanent residence application. Please disregard our recent email dated 2015/09/13 requesting that you send your passport to our offices for COPR printing. Please do not send your passport to us at this time – we will request yours and your spouse's passport at a later date when they have been added to your application.

Couple hours later I got a messsage on my CIC - Request letter. It's a pdf form "INCLUSION OF A SPOUSE ON A PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICATION, QUESTIONS FOR THE SPOUSE OF THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT" (7 pages) to fill out. I made it, enclose a second sheets of paper with all photos, messages, explanations etc.

Now I log to myCIC account trying to upload this form, sheets with answers and letter of explanation. But, doing this, I saw on a page "Documents submitted by the client", that they required a document name as: Proof of Relationship
You must provide proof of your relationship with your host or family member. This can include:
-a marriage certificate
-a birth certificate
-a copy of the inside back cover of the inviter's passport showing the inviter's parents, if applicable

I thought that first they want only make a small background check about my relationship, to find out why I want to add spouse to my application right now. That's why they send me this form for spouse and give me 7 days to made it. Later, they check it and request all remaining documents for my spouse as a marriage certificate, police certificate, medical exam, RPRF.....

I dont think that you can do anything except doing what cic tells you.

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
viscaelbarca said:
Dear P......,

Instructions will follow in a separate email on how to add your spouse to your permanent residence application. Please disregard our recent email dated 2015/09/13 requesting that you send your passport to our offices for COPR printing. Please do not send your passport to us at this time – we will request yours and your spouse's passport at a later date when they have been added to your application.

-a marriage certificate
-a birth certificate
-a copy of the inside back cover of the inviter's passport showing the inviter's parents, if applicable

In your case you need to submit marriage certificate. Do that ASap.

viscaelbarca

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
Doc's Request.
01-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
IELTS Request
01-06-2015
Med's Done....
17-04-2015
Passport Req..
27-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
So you think that i have to upload a marriage certificate, plus this form from request letter???
If I have a marriage certificate, I don't need to make a Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM5409)???

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
viscaelbarca said:
So you think that i have to upload a marriage certificate, plus this form from request letter???
If I have a marriage certificate, I don't need to make a Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM5409)???
It say this CAN not SHOULD so marriage certificate alone is enough. CLU is for unmarried couples.

KSwathy

Nov 4, 2015
Hi All,
I am really in a tricky situation and request your help here..
My spouse applied for Canadian PR under Express Entry and got his approval & COPR while he was "SINGLE".
We got married after getting his COPR document and BEFORE completing his landing procedure.
He sent out an email to CIC stating the change in marital status. We received a response from CIC to fill out a questionnaire with the heading "INCLUSION OF A SPOUSE ON A PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICATION". This form has been duly filled and sent back to CIC. This questionnaire does not specify if I am going to be added to my spouse's PR application as Accompanying dependent or a Non-accompanying dependent.
Now we are wondering if CIC will include me to his application as Accompanying dependent or a Non-accompanying dependent?

Kindly let us know your thoughts on this.

Thank you in advance for your help.

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
KSwathy said:
Hi All,
I am really in a tricky situation and request your help here..
My spouse applied for Canadian PR under Express Entry and got his approval & COPR while he was "SINGLE".
We got married after getting his COPR document and BEFORE completing his landing procedure.
He sent out an email to CIC stating the change in marital status. We received a response from CIC to fill out a questionnaire with the heading "INCLUSION OF A SPOUSE ON A PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICATION". This form has been duly filled and sent back to CIC. This questionnaire does not specify if I am going to be added to my spouse's PR application as Accompanying dependent or a Non-accompanying dependent.
Now we are wondering if CIC will include me to his application as Accompanying dependent or a Non-accompanying dependent?

Kindly let us know your thoughts on this.

Thank you in advance for your help.
I would expect neither, since you are being added to your spouse's Permanent Residence application itself. You should shortly be required to provide your PCC, medical, RPRF etc if you haven't gotten this already. Once you and your spouse complete all these processes and landing you both will get PRs.

deepaksood

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
15-12-2015
viscaelbarca said:
Dear P......,

Instructions will follow in a separate email on how to add your spouse to your permanent residence application. Please disregard our recent email dated 2015/09/13 requesting that you send your passport to our offices for COPR printing. Please do not send your passport to us at this time – we will request yours and your spouse’s passport at a later date when they have been added to your application.

-a marriage certificate
-a birth certificate
-a copy of the inside back cover of the inviter’s passport showing the inviter’s parents, if applicable

When the spouse's name is added in the application, CIC will ask for all the relevant documents required. Hence it is normal for them to ask for the set of docs for your wife including proof of marriage

KSwathy

Nov 4, 2015
Thanks Cyronn for your reply,
We already got request to submit Medicals, PCC & Payment Receipt for the spouse along with the questionnaire (INCLUSION OF A SPOUSE ON A PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICATION).
We are actually in process to submit these documents.
But the confusion we have here is, as my husband already got his COPR, will I be just included as Non-Accompanying Dependent and later he will have to Sponsor me for PR?
OR will I directly be receiving COPR as well?

Thank you. Sorry if I being naive.

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
KSwathy said:
Thanks Cyronn for your reply,
We already got request to submit Medicals, PCC & Payment Receipt the spouse along with the questionnaire (INCLUSION OF A SPOUSE ON A PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICATION).
We did submit all the requested documents (did pay $1040 for the spouse as processing fee + RPRF).
But the confusion we have here is, as my husband already got his COPR, will I be just included as Non-Accompanying Dependent and later he will have to Sponsor me for PR?
OR will I directly be receiving COPR as well?

Thank you. Sorry if I being naive.
Your husband won't need to sponsor you as he is not a PR yet. You will be added to his original application and once your processing is done you would be getting your COPR as well.

KSwathy

Nov 4, 2015
cyronn said:
Your husband won't need to sponsor you as he is not a PR yet. You will be added to his original application and once your processing is done you would be getting your COPR as well.
Thanks a lot Cyronn.. The confusion arouse after we read below in one of the thread in this forum. This was the reply from CIC to the applicant

"New regulations have been put in place that we cannot simply add your spouse to your existing Provincial Nominee application. You may be eligible to sponsor your spouse after you have become permanent resident or Canadian Citizen. It’s not your mistake that on the IMM 0008 that your spouse is listed as a Non-Acc. Dependent, even if she is listed as an Accompanying Dependent, the same measure would apply."

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
KSwathy said:
Thanks a lot Cyronn.. The confusion arouse after we read below in one of the thread in this forum. This was the reply from CIC to the applicant

"New regulations have been put in place that we cannot simply add your spouse to your existing Provincial Nominee application. You may be eligible to sponsor your spouse after you have become permanent resident or Canadian Citizen. It’s not your mistake that on the IMM 0008 that your spouse is listed as a Non-Acc. Dependent, even if she is listed as an Accompanying Dependent, the same measure would apply."
You're welcome. That seems to be a case of someone with a Provincial Nomination. Provinces might follow their own rules. For now, just follow whatever CIC tells you, give them all the documents that they ask for and wait. You should be getting your own PR in a few months. All the best.

KSwathy

Nov 4, 2015
cyronn said:
You're welcome. That seems to be a case of someone with a Provincial Nomination. Provinces might follow their own rules. For now, just follow whatever CIC tells you, give them all the documents that they ask for and wait. You should be getting your own PR in a few months. All the best.
Thanks Cyronn. Thats such a relief.

KSwathy

Nov 4, 2015
cyronn said:
One last question for today Cyronn. Sorry.
Do you know how long does CIC take to complete this process. I know it is case specific, but just want to have a vague idea..

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
KSwathy said:
One last question for today Cyronn. Sorry.
Do you know how long does CIC take to complete this process. I know it is case specific, but just want to have a vague idea..
That's quite subjective. There have been people in this forum who have moved to PPR stage within a few short weeks after submitting their documents, while for others it has taken even upto 7 months. Assuming all your documents are in order you can expect it to be done anytime within 6 months, as CIC maintains.