+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse and his ielts score after receiving ITA

IamR

Mar 26, 2019
hello guys. I have a question.
Can I add my spouse as “accompanying” after receiving ITA, if after accompanying him too my crs is greater than cut off?
Also bear in mind, spouse will be giving his ielts exam post ita. So would those results be counted as valid on my EE profile?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Yes, that will be fine as long as the CRS does not fall below round cutoff and it does not make you ineligible for your program.

What is your score after adding spouse?

IamR

Mar 26, 2019
Yes, that will be fine as long as the CRS does not fall below round cutoff and it does not make you ineligible for your program.

What is your score after adding spouse?
But I read somewhere that if spouse’s ielts is held after the draw occured, it won’t count. Is it so or not?
My score currently is 467. After adding him with good ielts score, it will be around 455. While the cut off score was 451.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
But I read somewhere that if spouse’s ielts is held after the draw occured, it won’t count. Is it so or not?
My score currently is 467. After adding him with good ielts score, it will be around 455. While the cut off score was 451.
You can choose to wait until your spouse takes the IELTS in that case. 455 is pretty safe.

Reactions: IamR

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hello guys. I have a question.
Can I add my spouse as “accompanying” after receiving ITA, if after accompanying him too my crs is greater than cut off?
Also bear in mind, spouse will be giving his ielts exam post ita. So would those results be counted as valid on my EE profile?

Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

• the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or
  • the e-APR was received by IRCC.
If you add your spouse, and if the only way to meet the CRS is based on your spouse's language test results, then you will not meet the above.

IamR

Mar 26, 2019
Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

If you add your spouse, and if the only way to meet the CRS is based on your spouse's language test results, then you will not meet the above.
Thanks you sommuch for providing a clear picture. Much appreciated.

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019

Hello, please I looked through your post and I think the OP actually possessed the qualifications for which her ITA was issued. It was her spouse who did not possess the qualifications and this rule is about her not her accompanying spouse. IRCC also says one can add family members post ITA.

Since she does meet the crs at eAPR after adding her spouse, do you think it would be a problem?

Imuz

Dec 13, 2020
Hi, did you get any outcome of your application? I am also planning to add my wife post ITA. Our new score is above the cut off.

Imuz

Dec 13, 2020
May I know the outcome of your application? I have similar situation like you..