+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding spouse after ppr-time frame

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
They added my husband to my account as a dependent applicant around 2 weeks after I submitted part of my documents. I submitted the rest of documents after that and have not heard of anything from them since then.
Same with me. Timeline please???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It seems to be taking around three months for IRCC to process this change and reissue the COPR.

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
It seems to be taking around three months for IRCC to process this change and reissue the COPR.
For some people its quick but some had to wait longer. My timeline is
1st ppr sept 4
Married sept 9
Sept 15 informed married
Sept 27 e mail docs request from cic
Oct 16 sent docs online
Nov 16 paper mail reached cic offIce.
I called cic mid dec and they told me thay haven’t added my paper mail to my file yet and said my file was at Vancouver office at that time.

Can u guys share ur timeline so that we have an odea how long it’s taking.

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
I have the similar situation. Can I ask a question about deadline? I got my PPR in Oct and will have our wedding in 12days. I have notified IRCC about this change through IRCC web form and received the email to request additional documents for my husband. But I did not see any deadline on it. Based on the PPR email, I need to submit my passport within 30 days since Oct 16th. Should I still follow this deadline for my spouse's documents submission or can you please advise how you figure out the latest day to submit the documents

Many thanks
Hey, can u share ur timeline please coz i think we updated our files almost at same time. Might will help us to keep a track. Thanks in advance

tracytian

May 9, 2018
May 27---AOR (Single)
Oct 16th---PPR (Single)
Nov 12---Married
Nov 14---Status change request through IRCC Webform along with part of my documents. I also requested to postpone the deadline to submit my documents to Dec 31 because my marriage certificate was not ready.
Nov 28---My husband was added to my online account and got his UCI
Dec 4---Submitted the rest of the required documents through IRCC webform
Since then I have not received any response from them yet. I am wondering if my husband needs to do medical check even though they have not sent us a request yet.

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
May 27---AOR (Single)
Oct 16th---PPR (Single)
Nov 12---Married
Nov 14---Status change request through IRCC Webform along with part of my documents. I also requested to postpone the deadline to submit my documents to Dec 31 because my marriage certificate was not ready.
Nov 28---My husband was added to my online account and got his UCI
Dec 4---Submitted the rest of the required documents through IRCC webform
Since then I have not received any response from them yet. I am wondering if my husband needs to do medical check even though they have not sent us a request yet.
Is urs express?? Mine is regular pnp so i think urs is gonna be faster. I tried to get upfront medical done for my husband but hospital refused to do so. Thay said they need IME number. But if urs is express so could be different.

tracytian

May 9, 2018
Is urs express?? Mine is regular pnp so i think urs is gonna be faster. I tried to get upfront medical done for my husband but hospital refused to do so. Thay said they need IME number. But if urs is express so could be different.
yup, mine is CEC under Express Entry. We didn't even think of trying to get medical check because the documents request email did not ask us to submit the medical check. Now it is already passed the deadline. So probably we just wait for their response so we know what to do next. Hopefully someone can share similar experience. :)

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Hi Everyone,
So, I got my PPR in may of 2018 and I got married in July and yesterday we submitted my husband's paper work yesterday through a consultant . I would like to know what is the general timeframe of the process and how will be get the updates , will it be updated in my CIC account or it will be a direct communication from CIC with out consultant via email. We are very confused as the consultant is not giving us clear answers.
Did u get medicine cal request for ur spouse?? Or have any idea how long it takes after sending docs for spouse?

Manbirsingh

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Nowadays upfront medical not accepted, only after request from cic

Manbirsingh

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
For some people its quick but some had to wait longer. My timeline is
1st ppr sept 4
Married sept 9
Sept 15 informed married
Sept 27 e mail docs request from cic
Oct 16 sent docs online
Nov 16 paper mail reached cic offIce.
I called cic mid dec and they told me thay haven’t added my paper mail to my file yet and said my file was at Vancouver office at that time.

Can u guys share ur timeline so that we have an odea how long it’s taking.
Do u sent IMM forms online or by post?
@Sarab26
Plz help me I’m so tensed
Thnks in advance