+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse After PPR - How long does it take?

ajangbar001

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2019
Hey Fellow "Living the Canadian Dream" ers,

I initially started my application as a single applicant and got my PPR on 25th of October 2019. But I got lucky and married a perfect person on the 11th of October 2019 and I informed London VO about change in my marital status and they requested her documents including PCC, different forms that I don't even remember and Upfront Medical Request. On the 9th of January I got a request for my wife's biometrics collection. Got it done on the 23rd of January as we were travelling around Asia. Now we were just wondering, if anyone has an idea as to how long does it take for us to receive our PPR request. Reason we are asking is that because we quit our jobs and businesses as were under the impression that we would be getting our PPR soon and we would be leaving any time.

Do you guys recommend us to get our jobs back if the final request will take long?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
once you added her it will be like every other applicant, medicals, pcc, background checks etc. so i would say 6 months from the date you submitted all the forms.

ajangbar001

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2019
once you added her it will be like every other applicant, medicals, pcc, background checks etc. so i would say 6 months from the date you submitted all the forms.

So I just went to check our profile and it said Application/Profile Updated. But there was no document request or anything so Im guessing its a ghost update.

Since we got a ghost update, how long does it take now?