+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse After Medicals - QSWP (Quebec Skilled Worker Program)

aeroknotz

Aug 12, 2014
Hello Guys

I am in a tricky situation. I have gone through some of the threads but haven't got any experienced answer regarding the process time.

The below is my time line.

Application made - Dec 2012 (India)
File Number - Mar 2013
Moved to UK for on work visa - May 2014
Intimated CIC about the above update - Jun 2014
Received CSQ - March 2016
Received Federal - Apr 2016
Medical Request - July 2016
Intimated CIC about marriage - July 2016
Got married - Aug 2016
Medical Done - Aug 2016
Updated status - Sep 2016
Received intimation to add spouse's application, her medicals, fee payment, police clearnce etc - Sep 2016

Now I am in UK on work permit for the last 2.5 Years. My wife is with me in UK now, on dependant visa. I am about to sumbit her documents and her medicals this week or next. I am not too much worried about reassessment for CSQ as i had met more than the required points and my interview was waived off.

The below are my concers;

1. Said that I am not too much concerned about the CSQ reassessment, still i am not sure whether they will recalculate the points based on my spouse's qualifications and experience.
2. At the time of application DELF A2 was sufficient for me. Will CIC come up with new actions requests on my application? (eg. wife should provide DELF/IELTS or I should do DELF B2 etc)
3. If everything goes fine without any hindrance, how long will it take for the new CSQ and federal file number (provided all documents are ready and medicals done)

Please guys, throw some light on this. Much appreciated.

Cheers

sylendrabilla

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
aeroknotz said:
Hello Guys

I am in a tricky situation. I have gone through some of the threads but haven't got any experienced answer regarding the process time.

The below is my time line.

Application made - Dec 2012 (India)
File Number - Mar 2013
Moved to UK for on work visa - May 2014
Intimated CIC about the above update - Jun 2014
Received CSQ - March 2016
Received Federal - Apr 2016
Medical Request - July 2016
Intimated CIC about marriage - July 2016
Got married - Aug 2016
Medical Done - Aug 2016
Updated status - Sep 2016
Received intimation to add spouse's application, her medicals, fee payment, police clearnce etc - Sep 2016

Now I am in UK on work permit for the last 2.5 Years. My wife is with me in UK now, on dependant visa. I am about to sumbit her documents and her medicals this week or next. I am not too much worried about reassessment for CSQ as i had met more than the required points and my interview was waived off.

The below are my concers;

1. Said that I am not too much concerned about the CSQ reassessment, still i am not sure whether they will recalculate the points based on my spouse's qualifications and experience.
2. At the time of application DELF A2 was sufficient for me. Will CIC come up with new actions requests on my application? (eg. wife should provide DELF/IELTS or I should do DELF B2 etc)
3. If everything goes fine without any hindrance, how long will it take for the new CSQ and federal file number (provided all documents are ready and medicals done)

Please guys, throw some light on this. Much appreciated.

Cheers
Hi,

may be i will be in same situation one day.I got csq, and applied for Federal getting married in March 2017. Unfortunately, i don't have much information to share with you.

I have curious question, CIC havent asked CSQ for your wife?

Thanks

aeroknotz

Aug 12, 2014
sylendrabilla said:
Hi,

may be i will be in same situation one day.I got csq, and applied for Federal getting married in March 2017. Unfortunately, i don't have much information to share with you.

I have curious question, CIC havent asked CSQ for your wife?

Thanks
They haven't asked for CSQ for my wife as i am adding her to my application. As per my understanding, they will reissue a new CSQ for both of us. From what i heard from people who have already gone through this situation, issue of new CSQ until getting the PR wil take around 6 more months (provided we have submitted PCCs, medicals and all relavant documents). Hope this help.

Cheers

winner98

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
aeroknotz said:
They haven't asked for CSQ for my wife as i am adding her to my application. As per my understanding, they will reissue a new CSQ for both of us. From what i heard from people who have already gone through this situation, issue of new CSQ until getting the PR wil take around 6 more months (provided we have submitted PCCs, medicals and all relavant documents). Hope this help.

Cheers

HI Bro I am in the same situation. Did you get the PR without the new CSQ or you had to wait the whole time. Please tell me how long it took to get the new CSQ?