+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse after ITA!!!!!

MDEVGAN

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Hello Everybody,

I have a specific query regarding addition of spouse after ITA. Here is my situation:

1. Received ITA in March 2017 (as single/unmarried), haven't uploaded the documents yet.
2. Getting married on 29th April, 2017.

Should I go ahead with my current ITA and add my spouse later on. I couldn't find a procedure anywhere that entails how to go about this process.

On the other side, is it favorable to go ahead and decline the current invite and after getting married on 29th April, I can reapply and get an invite as a married man.

Kindly share your experience.

Mantosh

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You can go with current ITA. If you get married after submitting eAPR, you have to submit PCC, medicals and proof of funds for your spouse. If you get married before submitting eAPR then your points will be recalculated and your score should not fall below the cut off

MDEVGAN

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Thanks for your reply.

Even if I go ahead and decline my ITA is that a problem? I mean does CIC require an explanation of ITS decline?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
No explanation needed. You can decline anything you want and go back into the pool.

Sontam

Apr 6, 2018
I got my ITA end of March and I will be getting married between Apr-May. Can you please tell me If I should add my spouse whist submitting my online documents now or should I submit all documents as single and then add him ?

GCMSBuddy

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Canada
I got my ITA end of March and I will be getting married between Apr-May. Can you please tell me If I should add my spouse whist submitting my online documents now or should I submit all documents as single and then add him ?
If you submit the application after getting married, you need to add your spouse and your CRS will be recalculated. If it falls below the ITA cut off for the draw, you'll have to reject the ITA.

If you submit the application before getting married and add your spouse after the submission, your CRS will remain same.

Sontam

Apr 6, 2018
If you submit the application after getting married, you need to add your spouse and your CRS will be recalculated. If it falls below the ITA cut off for the draw, you'll have to reject the ITA.

If you submit the application before getting married and add your spouse after the submission, your CRS will remain same.
Thanks for the clarification. Can you please advise how soon can i get married after submitting the documents i.e e-apr.
My last date of submitting docs is 20 june.
I believe it takes around 6 weeks - 6 mnths for ppr.. So I need to add him before 6 weeks??

GCMSBuddy

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Canada
Thanks for the clarification. Can you please advise how soon can i get married after submitting the documents i.e e-apr.
My last date of submitting docs is 20 june.
I believe it takes around 6 weeks - 6 mnths for ppr.. So I need to add him before 6 weeks??
You can add him until you land in Canada.