+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding spouse after COPR

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Can anyone share if getting married after COPR expiry is allowed? My friend in India couldn't travel because of COVID issues and his COPR expired in October. He has marriage plans next month. But the confusion is - is it allowed to get married & add spouse to PR application AFTER COPR expiry and inability to travel due to Covid?

ashwin.j

Jan 24, 2020
Hi Guys,
I received my CoPR in March 2020, and I got married the same month. I intimated IRCC about my change of status and provided them the documents they asked to add my spouse. The medicals for my spouse were done in April 2020, and I haven't received any communication from them after the medical. My CoPR expired in August 2020, and I have no clue what is happening with my application as I am not able to get any responses from them. Can someone guide me if they faced a similar situation?

thanks!

Ruks

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
Hi Guys,
I received my CoPR in March 2020, and I got married the same month. I intimated IRCC about my change of status and provided them the documents they asked to add my spouse. The medicals for my spouse were done in April 2020, and I haven't received any communication from them after the medical. My CoPR expired in August 2020, and I have no clue what is happening with my application as I am not able to get any responses from them. Can someone guide me if they faced a similar situation?

thanks!
Which is ur visa office? And did u get ur spouse biometrics done? They taking a lot of time these days to process the applications.

ashwin.j

Jan 24, 2020
Which is ur visa office? And did u get ur spouse biometrics done? They taking a lot of time these days to process the applications.
Hi Ruks,
My application is being processed by CPC-CTD-OTTAWA. The medical was completed in April, but biometrics is still not done. They responded in August with a generic email mentioning the application is under review, but nothing after that.

Ruks

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
Hi Ruks,
My application is being processed by CPC-CTD-OTTAWA. The medical was completed in April, but biometrics is still not done. They responded in August with a generic email mentioning the application is under review, but nothing after that.
I guess this is case with evryone. After the add on request letter der r no updates. As for me last was my medicals got expired and dey asked me to redo medicals. And recently they send bil for spouse but can't book appointment coz dey not accepting visa category other dan family class n student. And now in Jan my spouse medicals will expire. Don't know wat to do. U can order gcms notes to get detailed information any ur application.

ashwin.j

Jan 24, 2020
I guess this is case with evryone. After the add on request letter der r no updates. As for me last was my medicals got expired and dey asked me to redo medicals. And recently they send bil for spouse but can't book appointment coz dey not accepting visa category other dan family class n student. And now in Jan my spouse medicals will expire. Don't know wat to do. U can order gcms notes to get detailed information any ur application.
My medicals expired as well, but I haven't had any communication from IRCC to get new medicals. I requested for GCMS notes, have to wait for them to email it to me.

Ruks

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
My medicals expired as well, but I haven't had any communication from IRCC to get new medicals. I requested for GCMS notes, have to wait for them to email it to me.
My medicals expired in June and dey asked for medicals in August. Almost more than 2 months it tuk for dem to request medical. For few dey gave medical extensions.

Window2176

Jan 4, 2018
will post my timeline if it helps anyone:
AOR: June 01, 2019
PPR: December 01, 2019
Could not travel due to Covid as my ticket was 2 days prior to the lockdown in India
Got married on June 23
Raised Webform on June 24.
CIC requested Spouse documents on July 06.
Submitted all Documents on July 23.
Biometrics for my spouse was not an issue as he already had them done for a different application.
Called Cic some time late November and was told that spouse medicals have passed, eligibility has passed. background check in process.
file is in NDVO.
any thoughts?

Reactions: Derline

Window2176

Jan 4, 2018
The progress bar went away from my CIC Account.
Also the application status changed from :

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Some applications take us longer than usual to process.
About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.
If it’s been longer than your processing time since you applied and you aren’t seeing updates, contact us using the Web form.

To

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Anyone knows what this means. Did the progress bar go away for everyone?

siju6789

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.
If it’s been longer than your processing time since you applied and you aren’t seeing updates, contact us using the Web form.

To

I have the same thing happen to both mine and my fiance's application when I checked today. Not sure why it happened. I was checking in the forums and just saw that you had it too :D

Zeeshan1011

Apr 12, 2020
I
I have the same thing happen to both mine and my fiance's application when I checked today. Not sure why it happened. I was checking in the forums and just saw that you had it too :D
[/QUOTE
Same thing happened to my application and i finished 66% but still did not recieved medicalrequest

Ammutam

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
30-06-2019
Doc's Request.
20-06-2019
Nomination.....
Nominated
AOR Received.
09-11-2019
Med's Done....
02-11-2019

To

Hi, How did you submit spouse docs to NDVO? IS IT THROUGH WEB FORM OR UPLOADING DOCS IN GC ACCOUNT.

Window2176

Jan 4, 2018
Hi, How did you submit spouse docs to NDVO? IS IT THROUGH WEB FORM OR UPLOADING DOCS IN GC ACCOUNT.
Majority of them were uploaded through the CIC account. a couple were sent through a webform for which i received an acknowledgement email

User37

Jan 7, 2021
will post my timeline if it helps anyone:
AOR: June 01, 2019
PPR: December 01, 2019
Could not travel due to Covid as my ticket was 2 days prior to the lockdown in India
Got married on June 23
Raised Webform on June 24.
CIC requested Spouse documents on July 06.
Submitted all Documents on July 23.
Biometrics for my spouse was not an issue as he already had them done for a different application.
Called Cic some time late November and was told that spouse medicals have passed, eligibility has passed. background check in process.
file is in NDVO.
any thoughts?
Hi, any update or communication from NDVO pertaining to your application ?