+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding spouse after COPR

DEENA SOPHY

Jul 15, 2019
Hello paul,
Am also in the same boat. Its been an year that u posted. Need your guidance as i wanted to marry and add my spouse. currently i have copr with expiry on aug 18,2020.my fiancé is in dubai and we are planning to get married in July,2020.is it enough that i inform cic post marriage?
@paulmathew88

Requesting your valuable inputs as am lil worried about how to proceed further.

As informed we are planning to get married on mid july 2020 ,afterwhich i will also be moving to dubai.
so is it possible to do medicals and bio metrics of my spouse in dubai?do i have to inform VO regrading our relocation? if yes,when?
my initial medicals were done at trivandrum ,kerala. so when remedical is requested will ther be any issue?

Thanks in Advance

paulmathew88

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
@paulmathew88

Requesting your valuable inputs as am lil worried about how to proceed further.

As informed we are planning to get married on mid july 2020 ,afterwhich i will also be moving to dubai.
so is it possible to do medicals and bio metrics of my spouse in dubai?do i have to inform VO regrading our relocation? if yes,when?
my initial medicals were done at trivandrum ,kerala. so when remedical is requested will ther be any issue?

Thanks in Advance
Yeah ..I think you can inform CIC after marriage .in my case there was only a month left before COPR expiry when i got married .I don't know what will be the required steps CIC would suggest if you inform prior to marriage . Medicals and bio metrics as long its from a CIC authorised center ,location would not be a issue .Only concern is expenses would 3-4 times more than that in India . Yes,please do inform them when you are relocating

Taqi123

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Hello friends,
I,m planning to get married during copr stage, i want to ask do they also require POF proof of funds of 6m for 2 people along with other documents of spouse... Pls response

Derline

Oct 9, 2019
I didn't get COPR. I just got PPR email on March 26th.

At that time I replied back saying I got married and wanted to add my wife. No reply to the email.

Then I called them, And they sent some forms to be filled to add spouse via webform.

I uploaded docs via webform on April 14th.

Still no acknowledgement of my request nor new UCI is added.
Hello, how long did it take them to acknowledge the documents you sent through the webform? How long did it take for the documents to appear in your account and for UCI to appear? Have you received revised COPR for you and spouse now? I am in the same dilemma, I could only send documents through the web form and not through my IRCC account. Haven't heard from them since then.

Mirza1991

Star Member
Oct 11, 2019
Hello, how long did it take them to acknowledge the documents you sent through the webform? How long did it take for the documents to appear in your account and for UCI to appear? Have you received revised COPR for you and spouse now? I am in the same dilemma, I could only send documents through the web form and not through my IRCC account. Haven't heard from them since then.
Same here. I have sent the documents back in November 2019 by myself. I never heard nothing from them ever regarding my spouse they just cancelled my copr and return my passport

Derline

Oct 9, 2019
Same here. I have sent the documents back in November 2019 by myself. I never heard nothing from them ever regarding my spouse they just cancelled my copr and return my passport
Have they provided UCI for your spouse? Is there any change in your application page. Is there any update and what visa office is your application being processed?

Mirza1991

Star Member
Oct 11, 2019
Have they provided UCI for your spouse? Is there any change in your application page. Is there any update and what visa office is your application being processed?
Yes I recently called them and they told me that my application is transferred to local office. There is literally no update on adding a spouse like no UCI number nothing

Derline

Oct 9, 2019
Which Visa office processed your initial application before sending a message to add spouse? I sent out add spouse documents mid Last month and I'm hoping my application is not moved from Ottawa to somewhere else.

Mirza1991

Star Member
Oct 11, 2019
Which Visa office processed your initial application before sending a message to add spouse? I sent out add spouse documents mid Last month and I'm hoping my application is not moved from Ottawa to somewhere else.
Before it was Ottawa now it’s transfer to Winnipeg

Derline

Oct 9, 2019
Hi all,

This thread has been one of the most informative and useful forum.
I have a concern as well, in regards to marriage after AOR.
My AOR- Feb 12, 2020 (Outland applicant)
In the midst covid 19, there is been a significant delay in the processing of application.
My medical expires on Jan 4th , 2021.

I assumed I would receive a CoPR mail, and would get married to add my spouse in the application. Looks like the Copr mail is a long awaited.

I wanted your insights,
if I get married before receiving the CoPR and medical expiry i.e. at the current AOR stage, will the process be any different with respect to submission of documents?
Any tentative perspective on timeline?

Lastly, is it advisable to wait till I receive my CoPR and then get married? Or Aor stage itself?

Your advises are much appreciated
Thank you.
You can get married now and still inform them, it's the same process and documents. Infact I'll advice you do that now rather than wait for COPR because at that stage you will have to return the COPR and that's like journey number 2. Secondly, no one knows about timelines anymore, it has become very unpredictable so all we can do it apply, live our lives and wait it out . However, I personally advice you do your marriage process and spouse addition now before your COPR is issued, reduces the timeline compared to after COPR.

Reactions: Gautam Subbaiah

RanjitS

Jul 23, 2020
Hi friends!!

I received COPR in October 2019. I got married in Feb 2020. My IELTS score expired in April 2020. I have submitted replacement kits at place holders provided in cic account by ircc in July 2020. I have Not received any kind of acknowledgement regarding submission of documents. Its been more than a week now.
1. Do we receive any acknowledgement?
2. Do I need to retake IELTS?

What are further steps going forward?

Window2176

Jan 4, 2018
Would like to share my timeline if it helps anyone else.
Copr: december 1, 2019
Travel plans cancelled due to Covid 19
June 22: got married
JuNe 28: raised webform to inform cic
July 06: Request letter for updated forms and docs
July 22: submitted all the docs Including spouse pcc and upfront medical.
NOTE: cannot submit passport and copr for cancellation as vfs in india is closed till further notice. Have raised a webform for it. Still waiting on reply.
August 1: UCI generated for spouse on my cic application.
Waiting for further update.

anyone know what the timeline is now a days for this process. What and when to expect an update?

Reactions: Gautam Subbaiah

Window2176

Jan 4, 2018
In related to the above post.
When it comes to POF, I have as sufficient as required to single applicant. But my spouse will have the remaining money in her account.
Can I get it transferred in the form of a gift deed?
Shall I refer to her account and attach the same since she is an applicant?

If gift deed is an option, I would like to prefer as gift deed as my bank statement will substantiate for previous statements.
Any take on this?
Hi,
I think you can upload your spouse proof of funds to a webform and add a LOE. Your spouse will have to show availability of those funds during landing

Window2176

Jan 4, 2018
Hi friends!!

I received COPR in October 2019. I got married in Feb 2020. My IELTS score expired in April 2020. I have submitted replacement kits at place holders provided in cic account by ircc in July 2020. I have Not received any kind of acknowledgement regarding submission of documents. Its been more than a week now.
1. Do we receive any acknowledgement?
2. Do I need to retake IELTS?

What are further steps going forward?
No. There is no acknowledgement. You can view uploaded documents in your application.
No you do not need to retake ielts as the principal applicant till they ask you for it