+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding spouse after COPR

Mirza1991

Star Member
Oct 11, 2019
Nationality Bangladeshi
Provincial nominee (Paper based)
"Your application has been referred to IRCC Ottawa for further review and processing" this is the response i last received after emailing london office as ottawa cpc never replied to email, and case specific enquiry just provides me with general response. However I have just submitted all updated forms and fees associated upfront and sent all the documents in a single document to ottawa office, I just hope they reply to the email.
Thank you for your reply @sawab don.
Hey,

Did you get any reply from your VO after providing all the documentation? Or any update?

Harlevick

Nov 25, 2019
Guys ..just now received my PPR . LVO was super quick in my case ..anyway maybe they r compensating for putting me in SS for an year .
Anyways ...thank god ..everything went pretty smoothly...
Hello,
Did your spouse have to write ielts or do ECA?
Is CRS Score still applicable here?

Shreay

Dec 9, 2019
I have informed Cic about my marriage with a marriage photograph and marriage certificate .I got reply from CIC requesting me to submit my passport and copr for cancellation. They also requested following set of documents (of wife) for adding wife to my application :

IMM5669 ,IMM5562 TRAVEL INFO FORM,imm008 ,imm5406 ,wife photo , passport copy ,police clearance ,birth certificate ,visa fee payment receipt ,POF , HEIGHT &EYE COLOUR FORM

I have submitted these documents and waiting for Cic reply regarding further steps..
Did you fill the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) on your behalf with your spouse added to it or was it just for your spouse?

Shreay

Dec 9, 2019
Hey,

I have a similar case.

Timelines:

Received CoPR in June 2018. PR visa expiry on 23rd March,2019.
Got married on: 2nd December 2018
Informed Delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca: 27th January, 2019
Got reply on: Jan 31, 2019 and they asked for us to submit following:

ASAP :passport and CoPR for cancellation:
Withing 30 days: PCC for both of us, RPRF fee, Application fee, document change fee, IMM8 form , Schedule A form, Additional family information form for both of us, Notarized birth certificate of my spouse, Copy of spouse's valid passport, marriage certificate, few photos of wedding.

Passport and CoPR letter submitted on: 19 Feb, 2019 and collected back on 12 March with cancelled Visa stamp.
Documents submitted: March 1, 2019
Medical request for both of us: 7th March, 2019
Medicals done: 26th March, 2019

Current status: Medicals cleared sometime in first week of April, 2019. EE portal says they are doing background check right now.
For imm8 did you fill it from your perspective or spouse's?

kobimehta

Dec 27, 2019
I have informed Cic about my marriage with a marriage photograph and marriage certificate .I got reply from CIC requesting me to submit my passport and copr for cancellation. They also requested following set of documents (of wife) for adding wife to my application :

IMM5669 ,IMM5562 TRAVEL INFO FORM,imm008 ,imm5406 ,wife photo , passport copy ,police clearance ,birth certificate ,visa fee payment receipt ,POF , HEIGHT &EYE COLOUR FORM

I have submitted these documents and waiting for Cic reply regarding further steps..
@paulmathew88 I am in a similar boat, informed CIC of my marriage and now they have asked me to submit these same documents. However, I am not sure how to send the documents. I don't see an option on myCIC account under 'view existing applications' to add additional docs where you would usually be able to add any additional documents.

paulmathew88

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Did you fill the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) on your behalf with your spouse added to it or was it just for your spouse?
sorry for the delay ..this is the document name i used 'imm0008enu_2d' ,i think i downloaded it from forms download page of CIC.
I completed it from my perspective and in that form where i had to add details of wife i added that . both mine and spouse details were asked
in that doc .

paulmathew88

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
@paulmathew88 I am in a similar boat, informed CIC of my marriage and now they have asked me to submit these same documents. However, I am not sure how to send the documents. I don't see an option on myCIC account under 'view existing applications' to add additional docs where you would usually be able to add any additional documents.
oh ok..thats strange .as for me that option was enabled and i could upload documents requested by them .
if you are submitting a webform then u can upload it along with that as well . drop a msg to CIC that would be best bet...

vivekvoona

Dec 24, 2019
Hi 21Goose,

I'm Vivek Voona, from Hyderabad, India. I have applied for Canada Permanent Residence through Express entry and its currently in approved status i.e. in the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) status. And the COPR - one-time entry visa is valid till March 22nd, 2020. My current relationship status is single and the same is disclosed in my PR application. My marriage is planned to be in February 2020, and in this regard, I would like to know the best option to proceed with my PR processing as well for my would-be wife’s PR application processing.

Option-1: I should travel to Canada before marriage, attain the PR card, travel back to India, get married and then sponsor for the Spouse visa when I resume back at Canada.

Option-2: With the current COPR status, I could get married in India, update the current PR application with the latest relationship status as married and resubmit the application by including wife’s details as well. When I attempted to check this option by logging into GC key application, I discovered that my application doesn’t allow me to modify any details now. I’m not sure if this option is feasible since I already have COPR status.
Will my scores change again if I want to include my wife details?
Do I need to wait for new invitation?
My would-be wife needs to appear for IELTS?
Are there any risks?

In the above context, request you to guide me the appropriate action to be taken to attain Canada PR for myself and my would-be wife. Thanks in advance for your help in this regard.

With regards,
Voona Vivek

kobimehta

Dec 27, 2019

Did you not have to get her a medical exam done along with the forms that you have listed here?

paulmathew88

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hi 21Goose,

I'm Vivek Voona, from Hyderabad, India. I have applied for Canada Permanent Residence through Express entry and its currently in approved status i.e. in the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) status. And the COPR - one-time entry visa is valid till March 22nd, 2020. My current relationship status is single and the same is disclosed in my PR application. My marriage is planned to be in February 2020, and in this regard, I would like to know the best option to proceed with my PR processing as well for my would-be wife’s PR application processing.

Option-1: I should travel to Canada before marriage, attain the PR card, travel back to India, get married and then sponsor for the Spouse visa when I resume back at Canada.

Option-2: With the current COPR status, I could get married in India, update the current PR application with the latest relationship status as married and resubmit the application by including wife’s details as well. When I attempted to check this option by logging into GC key application, I discovered that my application doesn’t allow me to modify any details now. I’m not sure if this option is feasible since I already have COPR status.
Will my scores change again if I want to include my wife details?
Do I need to wait for new invitation?
My would-be wife needs to appear for IELTS?
Are there any risks?

In the above context, request you to guide me the appropriate action to be taken to attain Canada PR for myself and my would-be wife. Thanks in advance for your help in this regard.

With regards,
Voona Vivek
I think both options has its risks . In the first option there may be significant delays in sponsoring your wife after you land in canada. I have seen people who were able to do it in 6 months .But its case by case and we cant predict how long will it take .

Option 2 is what i went through and was good for me . I cancelled my COPR and added my wife to my application . After another 2 months i received COPR for both of us . I dont think your scores would be affected as there is no need for a new ITA .My wife also didnt had to do an IELTS or WES and process was very simple for her . Risks are if there is any issues in medical tests,then it may affect both .

You can go through previous pages to find out the docs that was asked to submit in my application.

Mirza1991

Star Member
Oct 11, 2019
Hi guys,

I have finally added my spouse after getting copr at Nov 26. I provided all docs CIC csr has told me. Since then i see that UCI number for my souse is not updated. Do anyone of you guys know how long does it take that to be updated?

Thankyou.