+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding spouse after COPR

nmadira1

May 31, 2022
Hi all I am not sure if this is allowed but few days ago I created a whatsapp group for this topic that has a total of 23 members now. If it is allowed I can share the link to join here.
Hey Can you add me to whatsapp group or telegram.
I sent IRCC webform about adding spouse 6 months ago and got no reply. How exactly to reach out to IRCC for spouse addition?

thaipham

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Oct 2020
I sent IRCC webform about adding spouse 6 months ago and got no reply. How exactly to reach out to IRCC for spouse addition?
Sending webform is the way. Other than that, you can try to call IRCC directly.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Do you know Visa office that is handling your case? Send them an e-mail directly.

Feb 9, 2022
Could you kindly tell me how many days it took them to react with the email for paperwork and submitting passport for cancellation of copr? As I am in a similar scenario, I requested them on February 18th, and they responded on March 12th with an email indicating they will evaluate and notify me in due time.

Comfort55

Jan 9, 2023
How long do you think we would have to wait to get second ppr, I added my husband after I got my copr, he just completed his biometric Jan 20th 2023.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Just wanted to update people on my brother in law's spousal add on....he applied Feb 2019, COPR Feb 2020, married and returned COPR, spouse docs submitted Mar 2021. I submitted ATIP request Mar 2022, heard nothing back. Numerous letters to MP, etc. with same response, still in progress. Submitted two more ATIP requests in Jan 2023 - one for him / one for her (different UCIs, same file number) and within a week he received request for biometrics. When she did that, within hours received request for additional documents (pretty much all the same documents that they had already submitted but I assume they can't make a decision on documents that are so old). He'll submit them this weekend. Not sure if the background checks are actually done already (hopefully) and if they will require medical redo for him especially.

She's pregnant and due in September and so I really hope this can move quickly so they can land before she has to deliver...

ONE key lesson learned - when I submitted previous ATIP request, I just indicated that I was seeking GCMS notes on the file however when I submitted the recent requests, I provide a brief application timeline and indicated that it has been almost 4 years from the original application date and almost 2 years for the spousal add on.

The ADR came from the London office. Not sure if that's significant or not.

Have to say, I'm a bit frustrated with the system....I know the volume of applications is unimaginable and we're trying to respond to a few crises here and there. Just hope they can find ways to improve. It just goes to prove you can't give up and honestly, I think I was being too polite by not simply resubmitting the ATIP request (I never did hear back from my first request in Mar 2022 and I'll likely head to the federal offices and ask for my money back.)

Rapidcloud

Feb 17, 2023
Hello Pls I am new here. Can you add me to the whatsapp or Telegram group for this discussion. Thanks

Rapidcloud

Feb 17, 2023
Hello guys I have a similar issue and would love to lean from experiences here. Could you add me to the Telegram or Whatsapp group. Regards

Rapidcloud

Feb 17, 2023
How long do you think we would have to wait to get second ppr, I added my husband after I got my copr, he just completed his biometric Jan 20th 2023.
Nowadays it doesnt take long before you get second PPR. If all is fine after medicals you should get it max 2 months

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Portal email recvd on Dec 15,2022. Spouse Added on Jan 20th. Medicals Passed on Jan 23rd. No update since then. Processing the background check. Any idea how long it’s gonna be to receive biometric request for my spouse ?