USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Is my lawyer misleading me?
I am planning on getting married prior to landing and everywhere I read it said you can get married before landing and it will cancel your existing COPR and once the partner's application is accessed new COPR will be issued for the couple. the lawyer I used for my processes so far straight up told me that it cannot be done and the only way I can do it is by sponsoring my SO for which I need to land at least once and then marrying & sponsoring. Any opnions?
He is lying. Don't land. Get married. Add your spouse. You are looking at 6 moths processing time at the max. If you land now and add your spouse after, you are looking at 14 months of processing time. Lawyer fker wants to keep you long so that he/she can milk more money from you. If I were you, I would p*nch that fker right away.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Has anyone been getting updates from IRCC? It's been 4 months months since I informed IRCC of my marriage via webform, still no response from them on what documents I should send to them to include my spouse. Does it help to submit another web form?
Send email to your VO. Webform reaches late but in your case 4 months is too much. better start calling or email your VO. What your current status?

natasha1522

Oct 31, 2019
Why people keep asking the same d**b question again and again. A simple google search would give you the answer.
Who's asking you to answer? This is a forum to get clarities. Nobody needs to know your opinion. Please keep your attitude to yourself.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Who's asking you to answer? This is a forum to get clarities. Nobody needs to know your opinion. Please keep your attitude to yourself.
Lol. Get well, Pal. Its going to be a long ride.

Ferawan12

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
I have informed Cic about my marriage with a marriage photograph and marriage certificate .I got reply from CIC requesting me to submit my passport and copr for cancellation. They also requested following set of documents (of wife) for adding wife to my application :

IMM5669 ,IMM5562 TRAVEL INFO FORM,imm008 ,imm5406 ,wife photo , passport copy ,police clearance ,birth certificate ,visa fee payment receipt ,POF , HEIGHT &EYE COLOUR FORM

I have submitted these documents and waiting for Cic reply regarding further steps..
Hi There, Quick Questions, Where did you submit all these documents and the payment? is it in the same application that you had for your PR application? or CIC will open another application to add your spouse

Kindly help, Thanks!

Ferawan12

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
I have informed Cic about my marriage with a marriage photograph and marriage certificate .I got reply from CIC requesting me to submit my passport and copr for cancellation. They also requested following set of documents (of wife) for adding wife to my application :

IMM5669 ,IMM5562 TRAVEL INFO FORM,imm008 ,imm5406 ,wife photo , passport copy ,police clearance ,birth certificate ,visa fee payment receipt ,POF , HEIGHT &EYE COLOUR FORM

I have submitted these documents and waiting for Cic reply regarding further steps..
Hi Paul,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I have a questions, did you completed all those documents and made the payment when they requested you to do so? or did you do it before they asked?

If they did asked you, did they created another application or open up additional section on your PR application to add your spouse's documents?

Hope you can help me and my spouse.
Thank!

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi There, Quick Questions, Where did you submit all these documents and the payment? is it in the same application that you had for your PR application? or CIC will open another application to add your spouse

Kindly help, Thanks!
Same CIC portal. They will open up slots to upload spouse documents.

Ferawan12

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Thank you for replying RSub!

So the payment will also be made on the CIC portal when I submit the documents right?

Thanks again!

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Thank you for replying RSub!

So the payment will also be made on the CIC portal when I submit the documents right?

Thanks again!
There is a different link to make the payment which IRCC will send you when they request your spouse docs. You will upload the receipt along with other documents.

monttaal

Mar 18, 2021
Send email to your VO. Webform reaches late but in your case 4 months is too much. better start calling or email your VO. What your current status?
Thanks for your reply. I'm PNP (OINP) via Express Entry (AOR Aug 2021), with COPR issued on March 2022. Got married in April 2022, so informed IRCC in May.

The ready for visa email came from CIO / BRCD (IRCC) <IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>, is that the VO I should reach out to?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Thanks for your reply. I'm PNP (OINP) via Express Entry (AOR Aug 2021), with COPR issued on March 2022. Got married in April 2022, so informed IRCC in May.

The ready for visa email came from CIO / BRCD (IRCC) <IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>, is that the VO I should reach out to?
Yes, just respond to it or the one they should have mentioned in that e-mail asking you to send emails if you have life changing events.

readytoleave

Mar 22, 2021
Hello...can someone please tell me-for my spouse, how long after medicals passed can I expect request for biometrics for my spouse? I am adding my spouse after receiving COPR

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hello...can someone please tell me-for my spouse, how long after medicals passed can I expect request for biometrics for my spouse? I am adding my spouse after receiving COPR
I see a range of times. For some, biometrics was requested within few days. For some, it took several weeks and like mien it too months. Forget that you had applied for Canadian PR, so that you will have some peace.

rajmehta1871982

Dec 28, 2021
Hi all, I got my Copr in May 22. I haven’t landed in Canada yet and my Copr expiry is April 2023.

I am planning to get married in the next month so I can inform IRCC of my marraige and add my spouse to my file so we can land together.

Is it mandatory for my spouse to have my name in their passport when we submit the documents to IRCC? Can anyone please help?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi all, I got my Copr in May 22. I haven’t landed in Canada yet and my Copr expiry is April 2023.

I am planning to get married in the next month so I can inform IRCC of my marraige and add my spouse to my file so we can land together.

Is it mandatory for my spouse to have my name in their passport when we submit the documents to IRCC? Can anyone please help?
Its not mandatory.