+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after COPR - received 2 replies but still haven't been requested documents

SylviaAltor

Oct 30, 2019
Got married in June 2022; sent an email to inform marital status changed in July 2022; received an email in September 2022 without asking for certain documents as follows:

========================================================================================
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that your updated marital status was received by the responsible office.
If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.
========================================================================================

After another 2 months of waiting for nothing, I was worried. So I searched for the document list here, and attached whatever we can collect at the moment with multiple webforms in November 2022. I meant to raise their attention, and to send us a package request sooner. What we included in the webforms is not every document they will ask for. For example, my spouse's police certificate and birth certificate didn't arrive in November. However, I received this email today:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.

· If your enquiry was solely to provide documents, please note this is the only response you will receive.
· If your enquiry included additional questions in addition to the documents, they will be addressed separately, as soon as possible.

While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status.

Has anybody received this email before providing all the documents needed? Would there still be a follow-up email to request the documents I haven't completed or that's it? Should I just keep adding new documents via webforms?
Thank you!