+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse after AOR

Jun 20, 2023
Hi ,

what is the current processing time if I add my spouse after AOR . And also if I raise a webform submitting all the documents upfront with fee payment saying that I am married and want to add my spouse what would be the processing time including webform acceptance till the ecopr .
Submitted my spouse documents in February with upfront medical report. I have not heard anything from ircc yet. I think the timeline varies from case to case.

MKambo

Jan 13, 2022
Submitted my spouse documents in February with upfront medical report. I have not heard anything from ircc yet. I think the timeline varies from case to case.
They are taking around 1.5 month to revert your webform query. If you submit all the docs upfront, they might send you an ADR after webform reply.
Else it can take 3 months for get an ADR to upload docs on GC key.

Reactions: sheetalkashyap10
Jun 20, 2023
They are taking around 1.5 month to revert your webform query. If you submit all the docs upfront, they might send you an ADR after webform reply.
Else it can take 3 months for get an ADR to upload docs on GC key.
I recieved biometrics request for my spouse. What happens next and how long will it take to get a passport request?

MKambo

Jan 13, 2022
I recieved biometrics request for my spouse. What happens next and how long will it take to get a passport request?
Next is just PPR (there is a chance to receive ADR if IRCC requires more information). In my case, we received passport request after 30 days.
Hoping the same or early results for you.

Jun 20, 2023
Next is just PPR (there is a chance to receive ADR if IRCC requires more information). In my case, we received passport request after 30 days.
Thank you.
Spouse medical request has also been received. We did it upfront in march. Can we upload the same or do we need to retake his medical tests?

Jun 20, 2023
I received a re-medical test for the primary applicant in March, this year and I also got my spouse upfront medical done. My spouse's medical was not asked then, so I did not upload it. Now I have received the request to upload my spouse's medical. Can I upload the same? do I need to go in for a fresh medical for my spouse? I have raised a web form but I have not received a reply yet. Please help.

PYS

May 29, 2023
Nepal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Canada High Commission, New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Nomination.....
10-03-2022
Med's Request
23-03-2022
Med's Done....
24-03-2022
Thankyou for your helpful answers….
Actually my agent told me that your CRS will be recalculated and my ITA would gets cancelled…so i was a bit worried for spouse addition…
Hi, my agent said the same thing that if an applicant wants to add spouse then the points will be recalculated.
The above answer doesnot clarify if it is recalculated or not.
Could you please share your experience? It would be really helpful.
My biometrics and medical is already done and I have been waiting for over a year now and still no notification from the Canadian High Commission.

jainamshah

Aug 22, 2019
Hi folks,

Please share your expert advise.
AOR Received: Feb 6, 2024.

In-land CEC STEM Draw Application.
Planning to get married as I want my soon to be wife to be a Canadian PR alongside with me.

CEC STEM Draw cutoff: 482

My Fiance is back in the home country & not here.

• Score during submitting the PR application: 494
  • CRS Score after getting married (calculated on CRS calculator): 474
  • If she gives the IELTS / PTE (Considering good score), my CRS after her taking the language test: 482-484

R1 & R2 still pending. What should be the best time to get married?
If I add my spouse after R1 & R2 check, does my scores will get recalculated?

Do I bare the risk of adding her to my file?

Last edited:

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi folks,

Please share your expert advise.
AOR Received: Feb 6, 2024.

In-land CEC STEM Draw Application.
Planning to get married as I want my soon to be wife to be a Canadian PR alongside with me.

CEC STEM Draw cutoff: 428

My Fiance is back in the home country & not here.

• Score during submitting the PR application: 494
  • CRS Score after getting married (calculated on CRS calculator): 474
  • If she gives the IELTS / PTE (Considering good score), my CRS after her taking the language test: 482-484

R1 & R2 still pending. What should be the best time to get married?
If I add my spouse after R1 & R2 check, does my scores will get recalculated?

Do I bare the risk of adding her to my file?
Adding spouse post AOR does not recalculate your CRS.

Reactions: jainamshah

jainamshah

Aug 22, 2019
Adding spouse post AOR does not recalculate your CRS.
Thank You so much @AishB. I see some reference down here, can you confirm if you applied for same ? Can you share your experience in to this process?

What was your case in particular? Did your score dropped by any chance but remained above the ITA range or it didn’t affected anyway?

Was your spouse present in canada or was situated in back home/other country?

Also, what was your complete timeline if you can share? Would be very much helpful. Thanks!

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Thank You so much @AishB. I see some reference down here, can you confirm if you applied for same ? Can you share your experience in to this process?

What was your case in particular? Did your score dropped by any chance but remained above the ITA range or it didn’t affected anyway?

Was your spouse present in canada or was situated in back home/other country?

Also, what was your complete timeline if you can share? Would be very much helpful. Thanks!
You can view my immigration timeline in my signature.
We were engaged at the time of ITA but married post AOR. I added my spouse to the application post marriage and AOR, which does not recalculate your CRS - no need of IELTS or spousal points. Your CRS remains the same!
We were both outland and having spouse inland or outland has no bearing on the process of adding your spouse to your application post marriage.