+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Hi guys, I have completed all the forms and documents required to add my husband in my profile. But there is A letter of Explanation (in the list of the required doc) that I have to write. And I don't know what to write there. Should I explain why I want to go in Canada? Or why I got married post AOR?
It says just a Letter of Explanation. Can somebody help?

FSW-O AOR 5th January 2021
Write a short summary of how you guys met and the journey of your relationship so far before marriage and dont forget to include a little about how nice and receptive his family was to you. Include some of your romantic outing. Dont write too much but make it detailed and make it interesting to the reader.
This was an advise given to me by an immigration lawyer and an insider because it goes a long way. Some people think it is just to put up a mere writing but IRCC knows that a lot of people add spouse who they are not really married to. So they take this letter seriously.

Reactions: Kejsi

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Write a short summary of how you guys met and the journey of your relationship so far before marriage and dont forget to include a little about how nice and receptive his family was to you. Include some of your romantic outing. Dont write too much but make it detailed and make it interesting to the reader.
This was an advise given to me by an immigration lawyer and an insider because it goes a long way. Some people think it is just to put up a mere writing but IRCC knows that a lot of people add spouse who they are not really married to. So they take this letter seriously.
This is absolutely non-sense.

Please don't do this. That is completely ridiculous.

Firstly you're required to submit proof of being married, it iss not as one can just add someone to their application as married if they really are not. Telling a romantic take and all the BS is senseless.

Remember, this is not a Spousal Sponsorship application which does require you to show proof that your relationship is authentic and that you didn't marry just to sponsor that person. In this case you are not yet a PR, adding your spouse to your application is something valid and you do not need to tell the officer any story of how you met or how much you love your husband. All you need is to provide supporting evidence that you are married.

Don't listen to this guy's advice.

Last edited:

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
This is absolutely non-sense.

Please don't do this. That is completely ridiculous.

Firstly you required to submit proof of being married, is not as one can just add someone to their application as married if they really are not. Telling a romantic and all the crap is senseless.

Remember, this is not a Spousal Sponsorship application which does require you to show proof that your relationship is authentic and that you didn't marry just to sponsor that person. In this case you are not yet a PR, adding your spouse to your application is something valid and you do not need to tell the officer any story of how you met or how much you love your husband. All you need is to provide supporting evidence that you are married.

Don't listen to this guy's advice.
Wolf or whatever you call yourself, you don't have to be so stupid and rude to use such insultive words as if you have no home training. Like i said, it was an immigration lawyer that gave that advise and an IRCC agent. What right have you to come so hard on me for given an advise from a right source? Be guided.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Wolf or whatever you call yourself, you don't have to be so stupid and rude to use such insultive words as if you have no home training. Like i said, it was an immigration lawyer that gave that advise and an IRCC agent. What right have you to come so hard on me for given an advise from a right source? Be guided.
Please share that lawyer's info so that no-one else seeks advice from him/her.

As I said, the romantic details about someone's relationship and their spouse's are absolutely IRRELEVANT. Period.

This is not an Spousal Sponsorship application where you have to prove that your relationship is legitimate, this is not the case. If any lawyer, advisor, or anyone else is suggesting this then this person has no clue about what os being assessed in an application like this.

And, no @Mfoniso Urua I didn't not insult you (you're are the one calling me stupid). I simply described, and accurately, your advice as senseless and ridiculous.

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Thank you, I appreciate both of your answers! :)
The letter should talk about your purpose of adding your spouse, some basic information about the marriage is where and when. That's enough.
Because later on they will send you a request letter and ask you to provide proof of relationship establish, marriage photos, proof of living together.
It's not really necessary to mention the full love story in the letter. That's my experience.

Reactions: Kejsi

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
@Wolfpmd3 I sent couple of webforms to add my husband as part of the PR application. The first webform was acknowledged but not the second so raised one more just in case (as suggested by the agent). Do you know how long it takes to add the spouse to the application.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
@Wolfpmd3 I sent couple of webforms to add my husband as part of the PR application. The first webform was acknowledged but not the second so raised one more just in case (as suggested by the agent). Do you know how long it takes to add the spouse to the application.
It varies especially post COVID. D

Don't freak out since they do not have and will not necessarily acknowledge having received the documents. If they did for one it is safe to assume they have received the other ones as well especially if they were sent right after the other.

My suggestion is, give it a few weeks and call in. Ask the agent to please verify the status of your application and to check whether the documents were received and added to your application. They can do this and should be willing to.

In my case, PRE COVID, it was about 6 days.

aneesh21

Aug 4, 2020
I wrote another webform and email but they sent me the checklist via my account. And they opened some spaces in my application to upload the documents. Never received the email most of the people get. It was extrange
Hi allmind,
We have a similar timeline for adding a spouse. My spouse’s name still has not been reflected as dependent in my cic account, even after 5-6 months. Have you seen any progress in your case?

Kejsi

Mar 3, 2020
Hi all,
I sent my husband's doc on June 2, and today they sent me the email that they received it (I sent 3 webforms and received 3 emails). It was quite fast considering that when I sent 2 previous webforms they answered after 1 month to acknowledge receipt. Maybe they are starting to proceed the FSW-O applications also :D
Have a good day!

Snehal_659

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
I requested CIC to add my spouse to my application in May 2021, no update as of yet.. Can I apply for work permit for my spouse in the mean time?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I received a reply today for my second webform that I raised with the documents to add the spouse. After a month, the reply says they don't accept documents from TR to PR stream sent through webform. I am quite baffled by this comment considering that my application is a FSW-O PR application. Does this have any negative impact on my application?

Last edited:

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I received a reply today for my second webform that I raised with the documents to add the spouse. After a month, the reply says they don't accept documents from TR to PR stream sent through webform. I am quite baffled by this comment considering that my application is a FSW-O PR application. Does this have any negative impact on my application?
So Update on this:

I received a reply today form IRCC that they sent a wrong reply and confirmed that all the documents have been sent to the processing officer.
That was a relief and very quick update from them.

Src

Oct 27, 2016
Hello all,
Recently, I got married, I filled up all the requirements forms but I don’t have any idea what to write in LOE. My marriage is arranged and it was decided last year jan 2020. and i did marriage on April 2021. Please, guide me what to write in Loe.
Thank you in advance

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello all,
Recently, I got married, I filled up all the requirements forms but I don’t have any idea what to write in LOE. My marriage is arranged and it was decided last year jan 2020. and i did marriage on April 2021. Please, guide me what to write in Loe.
Thank you in advance
Add
You got married on DD/MM/YYYY.
Your spouse details ( education, employment details)
Proof of funds update if not CEC.
Spouse will accompany with you.

Appendix- list of docs attached