+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you, even I hope there is no additional delays as its already been 1.5 years and counting. Is there any way for me to travel to Canada to meet my wife if the PR processing takes longer?
If there is an additional delay, it should not be significant as your spouse does not need to be added as an applicant. (Although who knows in covid time precisely how much - the India lockdowns and travel bans are the major issue now)

You can of course apply for a TRV. No guarantee it will be approved.

Reactions: Hope187

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
My file was transferred from CPC-Ottawa to CPC-Vancouver since adding a spouse post APR.
Was anyone here on the same boat and know how long it will take or what to expect next?

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
My file was transferred from CPC-Ottawa to CPC-Vancouver since adding a spouse post APR.
Was anyone here on the same boat and know how long it will take or what to expect next?
Hmmmm... why the transfer? Its exactly a month now after adding my spouse but it has not reflected on my GCKey and they haven't requested for her Medical or biometrics. Am just wondering when IRCC will do that. I sent them a webform requesting them to confirm that they received my add-on and they responded that they have and are working on it but nothing is reflecting that they are after one month.

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Hmmmm... why the transfer? Its exactly a month now after adding my spouse but it has not reflected on my GCKey and they haven't requested for her Medical or biometrics. Am just wondering when IRCC will do that. I sent them a webform requesting them to confirm that they received my add-on and they responded that they have and are working on it but nothing is reflecting that they are after one month.
I have no clues why they transferred my file to another office.Right after they received all documents requested on Apr 30. They added my spouse to myCIC on May 3 then transferred everything to Vancouver on May 6.
I live in ON anyways. I think CPC-Van is the place where processes case like ours.

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
I have no clues why they transferred my file to another office.Right after they received all documents requested on Apr 30. They added my spouse to myCIC on May 3 then transferred everything to Vancouver on May 6.
I live in ON anyways. I think CPC-Van is the place where processes case like ours.

Waoooo. Its awesome that they have atleast reflected it on your myCIC account. Mine have not even reflected. I just wonder what they are actially doing.

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Waoooo. Its awesome that they have atleast reflected it on your myCIC account. Mine have not even reflected. I just wonder what they are actially doing.
Are you CEC or FSW?
The only way to find out what they did is GMCS note.
I called IRCC but they didn't tell me about the movement, just basic information like the stages where I was at.

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Are you CEC or FSW?
The only way to find out what they did is GMCS note.
I called IRCC but they didn't tell me about the movement, just basic information like the stages where I was at.
I am a Protected person-In Canada applicant.
How can I use GMCS? Please share the link. Anytime i contact IRCC, its always a straight response that they can confirm that they are working on it.

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
I am a Protected person-In Canada applicant.
How can I use GMCS? Please share the link. Anytime i contact IRCC, its always a straight response that they can confirm that they are working on it.
Yes, as long as you are in Canada, you can order it free through Privacy Act.
It takes likely 30-60 days to receive your notes.

fuad124

Mar 6, 2019
Dear Seniors!

I need a guidance in one question. I received my COPR in February, 2021 and it’s valid till January, 22. Next month I’m going to get married and add my wife to my application as per the procedure.

However question is, when I applied, I showed proof of funds only per one person (for myself, as I was single), not for two. But after adding my wife to my application, will I be asked to update proof of funds, new letter from my Bank? i searched various forms, but no such requirement I’ve found so far, so decided to ask directly.

I do understand that I’ll have to pay for PR and application processing fee for my wife, but question is about the proof funds from the bank I submitted during my visa application.

Thank you!

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Dear Seniors!

I need a guidance in one question. I received my COPR in February, 2021 and it’s valid till January, 22. Next month I’m going to get married and add my wife to my application as per the procedure.

However question is, when I applied, I showed proof of funds only per one person (for myself, as I was single), not for two. But after adding my wife to my application, will I be asked to update proof of funds, new letter from my Bank? i searched various forms, but no such requirement I’ve found so far, so decided to ask directly.

I do understand that I’ll have to pay for PR and application processing fee for my wife, but question is about the proof funds from the bank I submitted during my visa application.

Thank you!
I'm assuming you're not CEC but FSW.

Yes, if the proof of fund you initially submitted will not cover the minimum amount required for 2, you will also need to provide an updated POF. How? Well you just need to check what IRCC accepts as POF. You will also need to show this once you arrive in Canada.

Kejsi

Mar 3, 2020
Hi guys, I have completed all the forms and documents required to add my husband in my profile. But there is A letter of Explanation (in the list of the required doc) that I have to write. And I don't know what to write there. Should I explain why I want to go in Canada? Or why I got married post AOR?
It says just a Letter of Explanation. Can somebody help?

FSW-O AOR 5th January 2021

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi guys, I have completed all the forms and documents required to add my husband in my profile. But there is A letter of Explanation (in the list of the required doc) that I have to write. And I don't know what to write there. Should I explain why I want to go in Canada? Or why I got married post AOR?
It says just a Letter of Explanation. Can somebody help?

FSW-O AOR 5th January 2021
I'm pretty sure it's not mandatory, but if it is now that's okay.

Just add details about your marriage and explain in it that you would like to add your now husband as an accompanying spouse. Add any additional information you'd like to share with IRCC other than that included in the forms you're submitting.

There is no standard as to what to inckude in this letter.

Reactions: Kejsi

Kejsi

Mar 3, 2020
I'm pretty sure it's not mandatory, but if it is now that's okay.

Just add details about your marriage and explain in it that you would like to add your now husband as an accompanying spouse. Add any additional information you'd like to share with IRCC other than that included in the forms you're submitting.

There is no standard as to what to inckude in this letter.
Thank you!!