+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Samurai89

Nov 30, 2018
Hi Guys,

My AOR is 16th Feb I'm getting married in June. I understand that immediately after my marriage I have to do documentation for my spouse and inform IRCC.. could you please tell me what the timelines for a case similar to mine would be since this is not straightforward like a primary applicant including all family members in one go at AOR and wait for IRCC to reply.. Also what are the documents in the "kit" which IRCC send to revert with spouse details ?

Thanks in advance !

Sushi777

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi Guys,

My AOR is 16th Feb I'm getting married in June. I understand that immediately after my marriage I have to do documentation for my spouse and inform IRCC.. could you please tell me what the timelines for a case similar to mine would be since this is not straightforward like a primary applicant including all family members in one go at AOR and wait for IRCC to reply.. Also what are the documents in the "kit" which IRCC send to revert with spouse details ?

Thanks in advance !
Hello there! I am in a similar situation with you. My AOR was in November and I going to get married in early April. From my research, it varies. Some persons receive PPR 3 months after adding their spouse, others in 6 months. Also, as relating the the documents that will be required; here are those I have acquired during my research

An updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for you

An updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for spouse

A copy of spouse's brith certificate

A copy of marriage certificate

Photographs of wedding ceremony, reception, invites, honeymoon etc

Proof of relationship- emails, texts, photos- any documentation/proof of relationship

A copy of spouse's valid passport

Police certificates of spouse

Upfront medical for Spouse

Travel history for spouse

Letter of explanation

Fees.

If you want to keep in touch to see how my timeline will be affected just let me know. Mine is about to change since I will be getting married in a week!

Muhammad Rameez Uddin

Apr 10, 2018
Hello there! I am in a similar situation with you. My AOR was in November and I going to get married in early April. From my research, it varies. Some persons receive PPR 3 months after adding their spouse, others in 6 months. Also, as relating the the documents that will be required; here are those I have acquired during my research

An updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for you

An updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for spouse

Proof of relationship- emails, texts, photos- any documentation/proof of relationship

Letter of explanation

Fees.

If you want to keep in touch to see how my timeline will be affected just let me know. Mine is about to change since I will be getting married in a week!
Thanks for a comprehensive reply. Just wanna ask what will be the mode of informing IRCC for marriage?

Samurai89

Nov 30, 2018
Hi There,

Congrats on your marriage !! Could you tell me the status of your application now ?

Letter of explanation

Fees.

Sushi777

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi There,

Congrats on your marriage !! Could you tell me the status of your application now ?
Thank you! Well I informed IRCC of my marriage on April 7th. I haven't heard from them since. So far the only update on my application is medicals passed. The progress bar shows 43 days remaining. Feels like a really long wait but hanging in there.

Samurai89

Nov 30, 2018
Thank you! Well I informed IRCC of my marriage on April 7th. I haven't heard from them since. So far the only update on my application is medicals passed. The progress bar shows 43 days remaining. Feels like a really long wait but hanging in there.
Could you check your PM. I sent you a message in there

NanHR

Apr 3, 2019
I am 3 nov 18 aor and got married in January 2019. I uploaded all my spouses documents by 27 feb.
Haven’t heard from them after that.
Does anyone know how long it takes post addition of spouse?

Reactions: haihttran

zaidd90

Feb 7, 2019
I am 3 nov 18 aor and got married in January 2019. I uploaded all my spouses documents by 27 feb.
Haven’t heard from them after that.
Does anyone know how long it takes post addition of spouse?
Would like an update on this myself

Milesthegreat

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Hello, please could you update me on how far your application has gone since you informed CIC about your marriage?

raghuj

May 2, 2019
Here's my timeline:
AOR - May 2nd
MEP - June 11th
BIL - Not yet
Married on May 23rd
Raised a request to add spouse to my application on June 1st
Request for ADR - June 12th
Submitted documents - June 30th

Have others received a BIL request at least?

zaidd90

Feb 7, 2019
Hi.
My AOR was 11th Dec 2018.
Raised CSE to add spouse in May. ADR Submitted.
Biometrics request received and submitted on 19th June 2019.
Medical status changed to 'In review' earlier it said passed. But I have not received a letter for spouse medical.
Raised CSE form in London and don't have reply from them. Not even confirmation email that they have received the CSE.

Milesthegreat

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
The wait for adding a spouse after AOR seems very long. I shall be getting married on July 26th and intend to add my spouse.