+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
I got my CSIS note today (not GCMS note from IRCC or CBSA) to understand what happens to my Security Check.
They sent the note via hardcopy mail within 1 week!!
But sadly, there is not much information. It says:

Security Assessment/Advice (CSIS PPU 005) - A search of this bank was conducted and no personal information concerning you was located.

I guess Security Check is not even started :(
Sorry to hear that. My security check even didn't start after 28 months. It only has been passed after 2.5 years of waiting.

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
I got my CSIS note today (not GCMS note from IRCC or CBSA) to understand what happens to my Security Check.
They sent the note via hardcopy mail within 1 week!!
But sadly, there is not much information. It says:

Security Assessment/Advice (CSIS PPU 005) - A search of this bank was conducted and no personal information concerning you was located.

I guess Security Check is not even started :(
How do check this csis note

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
The wait is killing me! We are selling our house in order to prepare for the move, and the silence is painful. I got married March 2nd, informed IRCC March 3rd, then got PPR March 22. Then didn't hear anything for about a month until I got a request for documents. These were submitted June 2nd, and he appeared in my profile June 18th. But heard nothing since. Hoping we get BIL request soon, I'm so nervous that I did something wrong or didn't include the right form or proof of our relationship and the whole file could get rejected :(
AOR Nov 2020
Whattttt! I
There was someone else's experience.. They were part of the COPR before March 18, 2020 set. To give them a renewed COPR for their family was war. They had sold their house , properties, both left their jobs and withdrew their kids from school and moved in to one of the spouse's parents house. That was a heart wrenching anxiety from the uncertainty of IRCC.. I could not even believe that as at August 2021 they hadn't had that copr renewed(don't know what the update with their case is but I hope they are in Canada now. .

shubham_bohra94

Star Member
May 30, 2017
@legalfalcon I contacted local MP yesterday and he mentioned security is in process. Rest everything is passed.Not sure what stage my file is at and how long does it takes from here? Can you please help with that?

Last edited:

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Do you think they are useful? I called local MP yesterday and he mentioned security is in process. Rest everything is passed. Not sure should I order these or not? Can you comment on that?
just order from CBSA, they're more reliable than IRCC and the note contains a bit more information. Even if they want extension, they will tell you and will stay true to that deadline (so either 30 or 60 days you'll get it).
IRCC won't tell you how much extension they need, i have been waiting for IRCC note for 3 months now, silence from them LOL.

If you're concerned with Security check, get CSIS, they will tell you more info than CBSA/IRCC notes.

All are free if you request from within Canada

shubham_bohra94

Star Member
May 30, 2017
just order from CBSA, they're more reliable than IRCC and the note contains a bit more information. Even if they want extension, they will tell you and will stay true to that deadline (so either 30 or 60 days you'll get it).
IRCC won't tell you how much extension they need, i have been waiting for IRCC note for 3 months now, silence from them LOL.

If you're concerned with Security check, get CSIS, they will tell you more info than CBSA/IRCC notes.

All are free if you request from within Canada
Well I ordered GCMS from IRCC twice and received in 30 days tbh. IN Last GCMS security was blank. But i got to know from MP yesterday that security is in progress now.

But thanks for your suggestions. I'm not concerned about anything apart from the time IRCC is taking to finalize the application LOL. I might order both CBSA and CSIS, But the catch is not all security checks are done by CSIS only detailed security checks whenever requested by IRCC are done by CSIS. So that's one reason I'm confused.

Reactions: maghool71

Wolfband

Apr 28, 2022
Bahrain
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Passport Req..
25-09-2022
Are there any active Whatsapp groups for Adding spouses after AOR? Would be good to join and see updates from everyone.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I contacted local MP yesterday and he mentioned security is in process. Rest everything is passed.Not sure what stage my file is at and how long does it takes from here? Can you please help with that?

If your security screening is in progress, then your eligibility should most likely be done. However, refer to your GCMS notes for details.

Security on average takes 30-180 days.

Reactions: maghool71

shubham_bohra94

Star Member
May 30, 2017
If your security screening is in progress, then your eligibility should most likely be done. However, refer to your GCMS notes for details.

Security on average takes 30-180 days.
This is what my GCMS shows from June 27,2022-

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

What should I take from these? Also, I called MP and thats how I got to know that security is in progress. But since I received GCMS notes few days back it doesn't say anything about security.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
This is what my GCMS shows from June 27,2022-

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

What should I take from these? Also, I called MP and thats how I got to know that security is in progress. But since I received GCMS notes few days back it doesn't say anything about security.
Security in the GCMS notes from IRCC is always blank if it is in progress or passed. Only in the CBSA notes is the security shown as in progress.

To read on security, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN