+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hi, @legalfalcon and all,
I recieved BIL for my spouse (which I added to my application after AOR) today. He had already done biometrics 5 years ago in support of his study permit application. When he was added to my application, it was with a new UCI and no bio info. I was wondering if we should go ahead and do these biometrics for him, or explain to IRCC that he has already done bio before? Honestly, I had tried many many times in webforms to explain this. I would rather just do it again.

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hi, @legalfalcon and all,
I recieved BIL for my spouse (which I added to my application after AOR) today. He had already done biometrics 5 years ago in support of his study permit application. When he was added to my application, it was with a new UCI and no bio info. I was wondering if we should go ahead and do these biometrics for him, or explain to IRCC that he has already done bio before? Honestly, I had tried many many times in webforms to explain this. I would rather just do it again.
LOL looks like IRCC screws up again! Cuz for me, they linked one biometrics (from spouse's visitor visa) to both UCIs. You might want to hint to them that they need to "household" (read: Identity management: Duplicate records or 2 clients associated with the same unique client identifier (UCI) )

I suspect some of them IRCC agents are newbies and might not know all their own regulations...

But getting another biometrics is still cheaper than getting another medical exam :( did you pay for spouse biometrics when you added yours?

Reactions: Naynah

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
LOL looks like IRCC screws up again! Cuz for me, they linked one biometrics (from spouse's visitor visa) to both UCIs. You might want to hint to them that they need to "household" (read: Identity management: Duplicate records or 2 clients associated with the same unique client identifier (UCI) )

I suspect some of them IRCC agents are newbies and might not know all their own regulations...

But getting another biometrics is still cheaper than getting another medical exam :( did you pay for spouse biometrics when you added yours?
It's funny that I didn't pay for the biometrics for my spouse!!! And I was forced to pay for mine, which they didn't return hahaha. Honestly, I would rather just do the bio again because I'm hoping that would trigger a chain of reactions. And I found it on the IRCC website (link above) that it's possible to ask for a separate bio when submitting a PR application.
I think they will ask for remed after this, including myself, which sucks!

baryonix

May 21, 2019
@maghool71 are you able to reach IRCC by phone? if yes, around what time did you reach them? I've been trying for 2-3 days, even at the start of their working hour, I keep getting High Volume message

kchachap102

Jan 1, 2021
Aor dec 2020
Married in the month of may 2021
Notified cic in june 2021 via webofm
Cic requested to send documents via webform in july and sent immediately.
Got request to add spouse docs in the portal including all IMMS etc on nov 16 2021 and submitted on 10th of December 2021
Spouse details appeared on 14th of December 2021
BIL on 18th of June 2022
submitted BIL at VFS today and it appeared on profile in an hour.
Also got an ADR to submit POF. Seems IRCC is moving in jet speed wrt my application which i dont like.

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Also got an ADR to submit POF. Seems IRCC is moving in jet speed wrt my application which i dont like.
Is your spouse outland?

Also CIC requested your spouse docs in July and again the same things on Nov 2021? you just upload duplicates the second time?

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Looks like with my application, too! After reading your post here I thought I'd check mine because our timelines with spouse addition are very similar. So the weirdest thing has happened. They asked for biometrics for my spouse two days ago. But when I checked the portal today, my spouse's previous biometric now has appeared! with the biometric number and expiry date and everything. And then, under the biometric section in my portal, which used to say you do not need biometrics ...., now says biometrics completed Oct 20, 2020.
So I guess I should disregard the BIL they recently sent? And I probably will receive another ADR soon?

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Looks like with my application, too! After reading your post here I thought I'd check mine because our timelines with spouse addition are very similar. So the weirdest thing has happened. They asked for biometrics for my spouse two days ago. But when I checked the portal today, my spouse's previous biometric now has appeared! with the biometric number and expiry date and everything. And then, under the biometric section in my portal, which used to say you do not need biometrics ...., now says biometrics completed Oct 20, 2020.
So I guess I should disregard the BIL they recently sent? And I probably will receive another ADR soon?
Does your spouse appear as 2 entries in the Dependent sections with 2 UCIs? or one with the new one?

shubham_bohra94

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Well happened to me as well that they asked me for wife's biometrics even tho she had it on file. However that was for visitor visa which was on file. So i went to give it back and later i read somewhere that it might be the case that you need to give biometrics for visitor and also a new one if you're submitting for PR.

Also, initially the portal showed the date when my wife gave the biometrics, howerver that changed and got updated to the date I gave biometrics. May be something to do with Principal applicant thing.