+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Today IRCC requested Medical exam for my outland spouse.
The problem is this:
- She already took an upfront medical exam and submitted. She also got a previous UCI number (from Visitor Visa)
- When I added her to profile, IRCC gave another UCIs, which they then combined/householded.
- Today, they request another Medical exam with the new UCI...
Question is should I still submit the old medical exam result (which tied to old UCI but still valid) with letter of explanation?
Asking because doing medical exam is not cheap...

(I'm FSW inland AOR Nov 2020, added spouse in Feb 2022)

Reactions: Naynah

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Today IRCC requested Medical exam for my outland spouse.
The problem is this:
- She already took an upfront medical exam and submitted. She also got a previous UCI number (from Visitor Visa)
- When I added her to profile, IRCC gave another UCIs, which they then combined/householded.
- Today, they request another Medical exam with the new UCI...
Question is should I still submit the old medical exam result (which tied to old UCI but still valid) with letter of explanation?
Asking because doing medical exam is not cheap...

(I'm FSW inland AOR Nov 2020, added spouse in Feb 2022)
I think just submit your recent medical and explain this same thing. It makes sense. And more importantly, they can see your spouse's name last name, passport number, and date of birth. So I don't think that should be a problem. Congrats on receiving remed :) Did you do anything to trigger that?

baryonix

May 21, 2019
I think just submit your recent medical and explain this same thing. It makes sense. And more importantly, they can see your spouse's name last name, passport number, and date of birth. So I don't think that should be a problem. Congrats on receiving remed :) Did you do anything to trigger that?
I didn't do anything. I really hope they don't do the same thing for other documents (like PCC), I would just resubmit the same old docs, but this would add some extra times..
The last time my medical status changed was "We're reviewing your medical result" --> I assume this is when they start reviewing the upfront medical for spouse. I don't even know if this is passed after that, because today it's straightaway to "We have requested a medical exam"

Thank you for always responding to this thread! I really appreciate it.

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
I didn't do anything. I really hope they don't do the same thing for other documents (like PCC), I would just resubmit the same old docs, but this would add some extra times..
The last time my medical status changed was "We're reviewing your medical result" --> I assume this is when they start reviewing the upfront medical for spouse. I don't even know if this is passed after that, because today it's straightaway to "We have requested a medical exam"

Ah, no problem! :)
I hope that too, everytime they request a new doc they push back the due date I guess.

I have a question, is biometrics required for the criminality check or the security check?

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021

Oh, and by the way my medical status has been 'we are reviewing the results of your medical exam' since Dec 7, 2021. and the irony is that lately my MP said the medical processing for my spouse hasn't started yet lol

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Ah, no problem! :)
I hope that too, everytime they request a new doc they push back the due date I guess.

I have a question, is biometrics required for the criminality check or the security check?
I'm not sure, but I believe it's used for RCMP check (which is a part of criminality check beside other country's PCC) and security too.

I also wonder if biometrics is needed for Info Sharing step. Because in GCMS note > Info Sharing section, there are steps that mention Biometrics - FCC with partner countries like New Zealand, USA, Australia. So I guess IRCC is sharing our bio with those.

Oh, and by the way my medical status has been 'we are reviewing the results of your medical exam' since Dec 7, 2021. and the irony is that lately my MP said the medical processing for my spouse hasn't started yet lol
That's really strange! Perhaps you would need a GCMS note to understand more

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
I'm not sure, but I believe it's used for RCMP check (which is a part of criminality check beside other country's PCC) and security too.

I also wonder if biometrics is needed for Info Sharing step. Because in GCMS note > Info Sharing section, there are steps that mention Biometrics - FCC with partner countries like New Zealand, USA, Australia. So I guess IRCC is sharing our bio with those.

That's really strange! Perhaps you would need a GCMS note to understand more
Exactly, I think I need the notes. I ordered them twice, haven't received them, but will order again tomorrow. I'm confused because MP said our criminality is passed and valid for both. My husband had previously done a bio for his study permit, but it's not updated on my portal, and he appeared with a new UCI. I wonder if they actually went ahead and used the bio they already had on file to do the criminality check.
Anyways, I just don't want to think about it anymore as much as I do now. And we have trips planned in July and August so hopefully, that'll distract me :)

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Exactly, I think I need the notes. I ordered them twice, haven't received them, but will order again tomorrow. I'm confused because MP said our criminality is passed and valid for both. My husband had previously done a bio for his study permit, but it's not updated on my portal, and he appeared with a new UCI. I wonder if they actually went ahead and used the bio they already had on file to do the criminality check.
Anyways, I just don't want to think about it anymore as much as I do now. And we have trips planned in July and August so hopefully, that'll distract me :)
Oh he has 2 UCIs too? Most likely they will combined like mine.
Yeah, better find something to distract from thinking about this...
I was doing ok until I got the medical request this morning. It's been radio silence since February so today mail got me a little bit excited, but that was short-lived.

kchachap102

Jan 1, 2021
Please share your timeline
Aor dec 2020
Married in the month of may 2021
Notified cic in june 2021 via webofm
Cic requested to send documents via webform in july and sent immediately.
Got request to add spouse docs in the portal including all IMMS etc on nov 16 2021 and submitted on 10th of December 2021
Spouse details appeared on 14th of December 2021
BIL on 18th of June 2022

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Aor dec 2020
Married in the month of may 2021
Notified cic in june 2021 via webofm
Cic requested to send documents via webform in july and sent immediately.
Got request to add spouse docs in the portal including all IMMS etc on nov 16 2021 and submitted on 10th of December 2021
Spouse details appeared on 14th of December 2021
BIL on 18th of June 2022
Are you inland? has your spouse got med request yet?