+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Without BIL is there a way to do upfront Biometrics?
Unfortunately not that I know of
But they have sent BIL to other people before, it's just that we haven't been the lucky ones. but your process of adding spouse seems to have been super fast so far. For me, it took them 6 months after marriage to ask for the application kit.

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Without BIL is there a way to do upfront Biometrics?
No they do not allow this. Even the vfs global stations require BIL for you to book an appointment. I also wanted to do upfront biometrics considering we have paid for the service but then I saw on IRCC websites. Until you are given tge instruction to do Biometrics do not go to a centre to give Biometrics. They even stated after that applications cannot be processed further if Biometrics hasn't been given

Josh@v

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
No they do not allow this. Even the vfs global stations require BIL for you to book an appointment. I also wanted to do upfront biometrics considering we have paid for the service but then I saw on IRCC websites. Until you are given tge instruction to do Biometrics do not go to a centre to give Biometrics. They even stated after that applications cannot be processed further if Biometrics hasn't been given
IRCC number is what is there in the BIL letter. Wonder why they take long to generate that letter with the number
UCI number and application number are already available in the profile.

Reactions: Naynah

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Yup! Spouse got added to profile in April last year, and have been waiting since then.
Do you know which office your file is at? Did your spouse got BIL already?

I added spouse in January 2022, and in February, my spouse details already appear on portal, together with biometrics number (from her Visitor Visa) Wonder how long I'll have to wait now..
last GCMS note shows that my file is transferred from VO Ottawa to Montreal.

Reactions: maghool71

miami_beach

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Do you know which office your file is at? Did your spouse got BIL already?

I added spouse in January 2022, and in February, my spouse details already appear on portal, together with biometrics number (from her Visitor Visa) Wonder how long I'll have to wait now..
last GCMS note shows that my file is transferred from VO Ottawa to Montreal.
I believe my file is in Ottawa. No BIL yet. They once extended our medicals early this year, but nothing after that.

I never requested any GCMS notes, so I have no idea what progress they have made on my application.

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
COPIED!

PPR TIMELINE

VO- ACCRA
ITA- 16th September 2020
AOR- 27th October 2020
BIL- 2nd December 2020
Eligibility passed: 13th January, 2021
Long silence

Not one word from Accra from January 2021 till January 2022 and then I got married on the 24th of December 2021 & added my spouse. I sent mail on the 3rd of January 2022 and IRCC replied same day with list of documents to add spouse.

Spouse added on profile- 2nd February 2022
Remedical, PCC & Schedule A request
BIL for spouse - 13th March 2022

PPR- 30th May 2022 (it landed in my JUNK MAIL)

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
COPIED!

PPR TIMELINE

VO- ACCRA
ITA- 16th September 2020
AOR- 27th October 2020
BIL- 2nd December 2020
Eligibility passed: 13th January, 2021
Long silence

Not one word from Accra from January 2021 till January 2022 and then I got married on the 24th of December 2021 & added my spouse. I sent mail on the 3rd of January 2022 and IRCC replied same day with list of documents to add spouse.

Spouse added on profile- 2nd February 2022
Remedical, PCC & Schedule A request
BIL for spouse - 13th March 2022

PPR- 30th May 2022 (it landed in my JUNK MAIL)
I wanttttttttt:eek:

Jul 15, 2021
Nova Scotia
Category........
AINP
Hello everyone, I applied PR under AIPP last year in April, and got AOR in december 2021, sent webform that I got married and they asked me to send spouse information in January and dependent was visible in GCkey, medical and biometrics for both got updated in January and Spouse PCC took some time and all the documentation got completed in March and since no update.

So, my question in I’m inland applicant and there is some news that we will be getting work permit extension so can I add my spouse as dependent and will she get SOWP and she is outside Canada?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. It’s very difficult to manage long distance relationship and I know some of y’all are in the same boat.

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hello everyone, I applied PR under AIPP last year in April, and got AOR in december 2021, sent webform that I got married and they asked me to send spouse information in January and dependent was visible in GCkey, medical and biometrics for both got updated in January and Spouse PCC took some time and all the documentation got completed in March and since no update.

So, my question in I’m inland applicant and there is some news that we will be getting work permit extension so can I add my spouse as dependent and will she get SOWP and she is outside Canada?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. It’s very difficult to manage long distance relationship and I know some of y’all are in the same boat.
hey there, yes, I think you can apply for your spouse work permit as well, it does not matter if she is outland or inland.

shubham_bohra94

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Hello,

I got the BIL for my wife in the first week of April and later on april 19 there was an update regarding medical passed. But nothing after that. Is someone in the same boat? Or can anyone help how long it takes after a medical passed update?

Knoxxavier

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Waiting for over a year. LOL
Same here, waiting since early Jan when my spouse was added to the profile with a UCI number. No updates or BIL request yet. And to think that these noobs want to resume express entry FSW draws by mid July only to probably sit and stare at the new profiles getting a hard on, God Bless Us LOL

• Sad

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Same here, waiting since early Jan when my spouse was added to the profile with a UCI number. No updates or BIL request yet. And to think that these noobs want to resume express entry FSW draws by mid July only to probably sit and stare at the new profiles getting a hard on, God Bless Us LOL
Is it usual to wait for this long? My spouse only got added in February and medical has been passed but we haven’t a heard a word since then. My application is 27 months old now and I’m running out of patience. This is so unfair and I wonder if they’re making a good decision by resuming express entry draws in July. Canada used to be a first come first served country but now it’s an entirely different story with a system that’s not transparent.

• Sad

Knoxxavier

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Is it usual to wait for this long? My spouse only got added in February and medical has been passed but we haven’t a heard a word since then. My application is 27 months old now and I’m running out of patience. This is so unfair and I wonder if they’re making a good decision by resuming express entry draws in July. Canada used to be a first come first served country but now it’s an entirely different story with a system that’s not transparent.
Nope. It's weird that they want to resume draws even with the pending backlog. From the recent CIC newsletter, what I read was that IRCC already has enough Express Entry Backlogs to process as of right now to sufficiently meet their PR targets of 2022 for the same class but in order to be able to keep up with their target for the next year, they need to start resuming draws again ( adding that they'll be able to meet the standard 6 months processing times most likely by EOY which is another farce to me looking at their current status). I've been waiting since 2 months even for my GCMS.