+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Finally ghost update

My spouse has been added to my application so waiting for BIL letter @maghool71 @legalfalcon and @everyone here who has been supportive during our trying times.... The wait is endless....
Not ghost update.... Saw my email after checking my page.... Guess my routine check was faster than me looking at my email. I actually Lso applied for GCMS Notes (including cbsa reports) through caipsgcms; I do not know if it was the trigger for this response after a protracted silence.

I hear that timelines are no 20-24months for FSW-O applications...May makes it 26 months since I submitted my application.... Thus is too sad... Someone said additional spousal applications is another 6months (I want to believe when I submitted my husbandvs application in June last year, I have well covered the issue of 6monfgs as well.....

Urgggggghhhhh! The wait is killing me as we have put a lot on hold not wanting to make grounding or oermadecisions
when did you add your spouse? Is your spouse appearing on your profile yet?
In April 2021, I informed IRCC about my registry(civil) marriage, they sent me the kit. Then late May, 2021 I got married in church so in June, 2021 I submitted the kit.

There was no response from IRCC until Nov. 23rd 2021 (my birthday) where I was requested to do remedicals. Couldn't do it until Dec. 20, 2021. Then two days later (Dec. 22, 2021), IRCC sent Request letter containing almost all the forms from the previous kit along with Questionnaires and more specific pictures, etc. Tried to submit in my portal but there was no available place to submit and I had 30 days from the date to submit the requested documents.

Jan. 1st, 2022 received another gifted response from IRCC that I passed my Medicals. During this period I was sending technical issue-enquiries and web forms about the issue of not being able to submit the requested documents. Then @maghool71 encouraged me to send them by Web forms as some ppl faced this problem.

16th January, 2022, submitted my Web forms vide cpc-Ottawa and Canada processing Centre but still IRCC claimed they hadn't gotten my documents.

Feb11, 2022 IRCC sends me and RFV email. Then I had to contact them about my spouse's documents... Then I saw an earlier email I missed where they say send documents vide Web form to responsible office (Accra) or by mail to accra canda visa office so I did both and they confirmed them all in early March has having been received.

IRCC continued with the long silence until 13th May, 2022 where they included my spouse finally in my application. By the way, on 28th February (as per the RFV email), I submitted my passport and that of my spouse to IRCC office in accra through vfs global Nigeria because the email included and all dependents intending to accompany you to Canada. Still waiting for our passports.

At the stage of waiting for BIL letter for my husband.

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Not ghost update.... Saw my email after checking my page.... Guess my routine check was faster than me looking at my email. I actually Lso applied for GCMS Notes (including cbsa reports) through caipsgcms; I do not know if it was the trigger for this response after a protracted silence.

I hear that timelines are no 20-24months for FSW-O applications...May makes it 26 months since I submitted my application.... Thus is too sad... Someone said additional spousal applications is another 6months (I want to believe when I submitted my husbandvs application in June last year, I have well covered the issue of 6monfgs as well.....

Urgggggghhhhh! The wait is killing me as we have put a lot on hold not wanting to make grounding or oermadecisions

In April 2021, I informed IRCC about my registry(civil) marriage, they sent me the kit. Then late May, 2021 I got married in church so in June, 2021 I submitted the kit.

There was no response from IRCC until Nov. 23rd 2021 (my birthday) where I was requested to do remedicals. Couldn't do it until Dec. 20, 2021. Then two days later (Dec. 22, 2021), IRCC sent Request letter containing almost all the forms from the previous kit along with Questionnaires and more specific pictures, etc. Tried to submit in my portal but there was no available place to submit and I had 30 days from the date to submit the requested documents.

Jan. 1st, 2022 received another gifted response from IRCC that I passed my Medicals. During this period I was sending technical issue-enquiries and web forms about the issue of not being able to submit the requested documents. Then @maghool71 encouraged me to send them by Web forms as some ppl faced this problem.

16th January, 2022, submitted my Web forms vide cpc-Ottawa and Canada processing Centre but still IRCC claimed they hadn't gotten my documents.

Feb11, 2022 IRCC sends me and RFV email. Then I had to contact them about my spouse's documents... Then I saw an earlier email I missed where they say send documents vide Web form to responsible office (Accra) or by mail to accra canda visa office so I did both and they confirmed them all in early March has having been received.

IRCC continued with the long silence until 13th May, 2022 where they included my spouse finally in my application. By the way, on 28th February (as per the RFV email), I submitted my passport and that of my spouse to IRCC office in accra through vfs global Nigeria because the email included and all dependents intending to accompany you to Canada. Still waiting for our passports.

At the stage of waiting for BIL letter for my husband.
Hi Naynah, thanks for the explanation. I wish you didn't miss that email from IRCC. But still, it's evident for me that you're going to receive your PR within the next few months.
I have a question about your notes, did you order them from here? https://www.caipsgcms.com/order
Thanks!

Reactions: Naynah

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Hi Naynah, thanks for the explanation. I wish you didn't miss that email from IRCC. But still, it's evident for me that you're going to receive your PR within the next few months.
I have a question about your notes, did you order them from here? https://www.caipsgcms.com/order
Thanks!
Well not that I really missed it (cos till today I supposedly read it but what I read seemed different but I'd just leave it at missed it). Plus the said message was a few days to the RFV email.

Yes I used https://www.caipsgcms.com/order lemme give you code for a discount can be used as many times GCMSDIST1

User_123

Mar 12, 2022
Hello everyone need your help
Aor march 2020 was single at that time
Cor india
Information after getting married:
I already raised a web form on 29th January 2022 to IRCC Canada regarding changes in my marital status from Single to Married with marriage certificate and received a response from Canada Office twice,
1) the first time was a generic reply of acknowledgement,
2) the second time was on 12th February 2022 where they gave a confirmation mail of reception of the document to be processed further.

Visa email:
On 11th March 2022, I received my ready-for visa mail(COPR) and to submit my passport within 30 days
Raised a web form again with the below details:
Please look into the matter as soon as possible as I have only 22 days left to submit my passport
and let me know the further steps for me and how to add my spouse.
Attached are the Passport Submission Letter, Marriage Certificate, Webform which I raised, and the response which I received from the Canada Immigration office.

Visa Stamping:
As there was no reply for adding the spouse and change in status, I went ahead with submitting the passport.
and got my visa stamped on 23rd April

Below are my timelines till now:
1)Aor 17th March 2020
2)Biometrics 02 March 2021
3)Married 27th Dec 2021
4)Re medicals 23rd January 2022
5)Ready for Visa mail 11th March 2022

Query:
Now my query is how to add my spouse and in my copr my status is mentioned still as single.
And need information on POF too as there are recent changes being made by IRCC.

Reactions: Teayii

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hello everyone need your help
Aor march 2020 was single at that time
Cor india
Information after getting married:
I already raised a web form on 29th January 2022 to IRCC Canada regarding changes in my marital status from Single to Married with marriage certificate and received a response from Canada Office twice,
1) the first time was a generic reply of acknowledgement,
2) the second time was on 12th February 2022 where they gave a confirmation mail of reception of the document to be processed further.

Visa email:
On 11th March 2022, I received my ready-for visa mail(COPR) and to submit my passport within 30 days
Raised a web form again with the below details:
Please look into the matter as soon as possible as I have only 22 days left to submit my passport
and let me know the further steps for me and how to add my spouse.
Attached are the Passport Submission Letter, Marriage Certificate, Webform which I raised, and the response which I received from the Canada Immigration office.

Visa Stamping:
As there was no reply for adding the spouse and change in status, I went ahead with submitting the passport.
and got my visa stamped on 23rd April

Below are my timelines till now:
1)Aor 17th March 2020
2)Biometrics 02 March 2021
3)Married 27th Dec 2021
4)Re medicals 23rd January 2022
5)Ready for Visa mail 11th March 2022

Query:
Now my query is how to add my spouse and in my copr my status is mentioned still as single.
And need information on POF too as there are recent changes being made by IRCC.
Write an email to the VO and send a message explaining your situation via web form. Include IRCC's emails that you received whenever you contacted them. Put everything in one document (Letter of Explanation, IRCC emails). Whatever you said above should be detailed in the letter. Make sure you mention the dates correctly especially the time you reached out to IRCC to add your spouse and when IRCC sent you response.

Make a chronology like below along with explanation of your situation in the first paragraph.

X date: Added Spouse
Y date: Received IRCC letter
Z date: Received COPR.

I hope IRCC will reach out to you, cancel your COPR and then start processing your Spouse's file. You will receive your COPR later.

Only tip is keep your letter/message precise, clear and straight to the point. All the best.

User_123

Mar 12, 2022
Write an email to the VO and send a message explaining your situation via web form. Include IRCC's emails that you received whenever you contacted them. Put everything in one document (Letter of Explanation, IRCC emails). Whatever you said above should be detailed in the letter. Make sure you mention the dates correctly especially the time you reached out to IRCC to add your spouse and when IRCC sent you response.

Make a chronology like below along with explanation of your situation in the first paragraph.

I hope IRCC will reach out to you, cancel your COPR and then start processing your Spouse's file. You will receive your COPR later.

Only tip is keep your letter/message precise, clear and straight to the point. All the best.
Already informed Delhi visa office and Ottawa vo too before submission of my passport for visa stamping.
Only Delhi Vo responded that they will revert back only if they need additional information from us

Reactions: RSub

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021

I hope this works for @User_123. But if the application has already been closed, I think they must land in Canada and start a sponsorship application for their spouse at that point.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I hope this works for @User_123. But if the application has already been closed, I think they must land in Canada and start a sponsorship application for their spouse at that point.
They cannot land coz they are technically married and they already reported about it. So it may be misinterpretation and they may be banned from entering Canada again. Please cross check what I said. I may be wrong, but what if I am right.?

Reactions: maghool71

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Ok thanks @RSub . Since the limit is of 3.5 MB, I assume we need to just send multiple web form requests. BTW do they acknowledge that they have received documents through the webform?
I did receive acknowledgement for 3 docs.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Tried to submit in my portal but there was no available place to submit and I had 30 days from the date to submit the requested documents.
Hi you say you tried to submit the documents. Did you actually submit the documents or you did not submit documents because you did not have space to upload?

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Hi all,

after submitting spouse documents to IRCC do we need to do anything further? My application is over 26 months old now and I still haven’t heard back from IRCC. My spouse was only added to my file as a dependent a few months ago even though I had informed IRCC about my marriage since.
The wait and the dead silence from IRCC is mentally exhausting and unfair. It just feels like the end is not near.

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
They cannot land coz they are technically married and they already reported about it. So it may be misinterpretation and they may be banned from entering Canada again. Please cross check what I said. I may be wrong, but what if I am right.?
I think you might absolutely be right! I did not think about that aspect.

Reactions: RSub