+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hi all,

after submitting spouse documents to IRCC do we need to do anything further? My application is over 26 months old now and I still haven’t heard back from IRCC. My spouse was only added to my file as a dependent a few months ago even though I had informed IRCC about my marriage since.
The wait and the dead silence from IRCC is mentally exhausting and unfair. It just feels like the end is not near.
Hi there, I don't know what to do either. I am in my ~23rd month myself, and no news since Dec 2021 when they added my spouse. They haven't asked for any ADR or remed or ANYTHING!

• Sad
Reactions: RSub

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Hi Naynah, thanks for the explanation. I wish you didn't miss that email from IRCC. But still, it's evident for me that you're going to receive your PR within the next few months.
I have a question about your notes, did you order them from here? https://www.caipsgcms.com/order
Thanks!
Well not that I really missed it (cos till today I supposedly read it but what I read seemed different but I'd just leave it at missed it). Plus the said message was a few days to the RFV email.

Yes I used https://www.caipsgcms.com/order lemme give you code for a discount can be used as many times GCMSDIST1
Hi @Naynah were you able to resolve this? I am in similar situation where there is not upload option in the portal. How did you send the documents?
I sent everything vide Web form.... And when they responded to all my enquiries about the issue they confirmed to send by webform to my RESPONSIBLE office or send by mail the hardcopies to my responsible office. I did.. Then they acknowledged all of them within 2-3 weeks(guess because it was by webform)

Reactions: sanketshahane

sanketshahane

May 20, 2022
I did receive acknowledgement for 3 docs.
In the webform, how would I know which processing office my documents should be routed to? I don't see an option. From the webform drop down do I select "Permanent residency online" or "replacement documents, amendments to documents..."?
Thanks!!

sanketshahane

May 20, 2022
Well not that I really missed it (cos till today I supposedly read it but what I read seemed different but I'd just leave it at missed it). Plus the said message was a few days to the RFV email.

Yes I used https://www.caipsgcms.com/order lemme give you code for a discount can be used as many times GCMSDIST1

I sent everything vide Web form.... And when they responded to all my enquiries about the issue they confirmed to send by webform to my RESPONSIBLE office or send by mail the hardcopies to my responsible office. I did.. Then they acknowledged all of them within 2-3 weeks(guess because it was by webform)
Two more questions 1) @Naynah did you also upload the RFRP receipt via webform? and 2) when paying the RFRP fee online, the GCKey credentials don't work you need to create a new account with the email address and pay the fees correct?
Thanks again!

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
In the webform, how would I know which processing office my documents should be routed to? I don't see an option. From the webform drop down do I select "Permanent residency online" or "replacement documents, amendments to documents..."?
Thanks!!
They will route it to right VO or officer. In my case, I knew by VO since I saw it in my GCMS notes.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Two more questions 1) @Naynah did you also upload the RFRP receipt via webform? and 2) when paying the RFRP fee online, the GCKey credentials don't work you need to create a new account with the email address and pay the fees correct?
Thanks again!
I think I can answer. Yes, you need to create new login. My GCKey did not work as well but I used same email to create one. I attached the receipt along with list of other docs and uploaded. If you have upload option for receipt, then upload it or else send it via Webform.

Reactions: maghool71

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Thanks!!
[/QUOTE
When you get to the website for Web forms (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp#q2) click on "YES" for the question
Have you submitted an application for:
permanent residence
student
visitor
worker

Then click "YES" for the question:
Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?

Then the next step is to Choose the visa office processing your application. Here your processing office is your country of origin - but if you are in another country residing also do Web forms to that country by selecting the country

What I do is that all my documents I send them to the following :
1. Accra, Ghana (because Nigerian applications are routed to Ghana as responsible office;
2."Canada- Processing Centre in Canada"
3.I choose the option that says application is processed within Canada (that way no need to choose offices)
* I do this because with IRCC you never know.

Also there's a link that helps you determine which office it is you are to contact as responsible office (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html). Just go to your country of origin and by the side if it still says your contact office is your origin country then that's it but if your application was submitted in a country other than your origin country then choose that to determine your visa (responsible) office

I do hope this helps

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Thanks again!
Welll I submitted the receipt for my spouse by Web from too. There's a link sent to you on the request mail on how to pay which does not require you to log in.
RT me pull up that link...

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
There is an update in my profile.

My wife's name s shown in the profile in a view dependent link. Awaiting BIL for her
Welcome to our exclusive club.... I hope that they quickly give a biometric instruction letter for our spouses' as they say applications will not be processed further if Biometrics are not submitted!

Reactions: maghool71

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Welcome to our exclusive club.... I hope that they quickly give a biometric instruction letter for our spouses' as they say applications will not be processed further if Biometrics are not submitted!
Been waiting for this for 6 months now!

Josh@v

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Without BIL is there a way to do upfront Biometrics?