+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hi everyone,

Oct 29, 2021: I received a PPR for my PR application (which I applied as Single). Then I informed IRCC about the addition of my common-law partner to the application. I did not send my passport for stamping.

Feb 16, 2022: I received an email from IRCC inviting me to send an add-on request to add my common-law partner to my PR application.

Feb 25, 2022: I prepared and sent all documents (along with payment, upfront medicals, PCC) of my common-law partner as 4 separate webforms.

March 31, 2022: I received an email from IRCC confirming receipt of all those documents, saying they have forwarded them to the responsible office.

April 10, 2022: Ghost update on my application, but no changes to profile.

I still do not see a "View dependents" on my profile. Do any of you have a rough idea of what stage I'm in? Biometrics for my partner is also done for a separate visa (visitor), so I'm assuming that step will not happen. Any idea on how much longer it will take to get a PPR for both me and my partner? Thank you!
According to Legalfalcon, when you don't see your dependent's name in your online portal, it means that IRCC hasn't processed them yet. Your next step is ADR for all the documents again, but this time they let you upload them through your online portal. That was the process for several of us. But you don't know when you receive that ADR, perhaps days or months.

sriram17293

Dec 1, 2020
According to Legalfalcon, when you don't see your dependent's name in your online portal, it means that IRCC hasn't processed them yet. Your next step is ADR for all the documents again, but this time they let you upload them through your online portal. That was the process for several of us. But you don't know when you receive that ADR, perhaps days or months.
Thanks @maghool71. I received a message on my portal this morning asking me to upload all those documents again. I have a question regarding the fee payment: My partner already has a Canadian visitor visa, so her biometrics information is already with IRCC. Do I still have to pay the biometrics fee in addition to the RPRF?

Reactions: maghool71

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Thanks @maghool71. I received a message on my portal this morning asking me to upload all those documents again. I have a question regarding the fee payment: My partner already has a Canadian visitor visa, so her biometrics information is already with IRCC. Do I still have to pay the biometrics fee in addition to the RPRF?
Great news! No, don't pay it again. At least I didn't pay again. I know some people who did. But they haven't seen faster results so I'd say no don't pay again.

harshr1

Apr 14, 2022
Hi, my AOR is Dec 2019. Now that I am adding my spouse, do I need to submit proof of funds again? The earlier funds I showed are well over the threshold for 2 people.

sriram17293

Dec 1, 2020
Hi @maghool71 , I have another question. In the documents IRCC has requested in order to add my common-law partner to my profile, they mention:

- Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);

My understanding was that I only need to submit one updated IMM 0008 with my partner listed as a dependent in the same form. But their letter mentions "for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner" (see above). Does this mean I'd need to submit two separate IMM0008 forms? Thank you!

shubham_bohra94

Star Member
May 30, 2017
I received an update. That medical results are passed. Is that the next step after BIL usually? BIL was done on 6th April 2022 for spouse. Anyone in the same situation?

Also, what are the usual next steps? And timeline from here?

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hi @maghool71 , I have another question. In the documents IRCC has requested in order to add my common-law partner to my profile, they mention:

- Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);

My understanding was that I only need to submit one updated IMM 0008 with my partner listed as a dependent in the same form. But their letter mentions "for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner" (see above). Does this mean I'd need to submit two separate IMM0008 forms? Thank you!
Sorry about the late response, yes, just ONE form for both of you. add your spouse in the dependent section.

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
I received an update. That medical results are passed. Is that the next step after BIL usually? BIL was done on 6th April 2022 for spouse. Anyone in the same situation?

Also, what are the usual next steps? And timeline from here?
If your medicals are passed and you've already completed bio, it's probably PPR after!! Did you do upfront bio for your spouse or did you receive BIL?

Nov 6, 2020
I got married on 10/11/21, notified thriugh webform, list of required docs received and then I've sent all the docs of my wife and forms through webform and it was acknowledged by ircc on 03/02/22 that it will be added in 2 days, on 20/04/22 i received a remedical for only myself. Should i go ahead and do it or wait for my wife's medical request. She is not yet added as dependent to my application.