+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
I received a request for submitting all the spouse documents and questionnaire via a kit - application option in the upload documents section.

There is a form called 5562e - Travel Information Form
I have two doubts
1. Should I fill in my details also in this form or only spouse as I had submitted my travel information when I applied
2. We are residing in UAE, country of origin is India. So travel to UAE and back to India should be included or not?
1. No, only spouse travels unless if they mentioned they wanted PA's travels (but that would be in a separate form)
2. No, I think I didn't mention travels to the country of citizenship but I am not sure

Knoxxavier

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
This means the medical of your spouse is also passed and it's great news! Wow it happened so quickly for you I am still waiting for my medical after 4 months
I haven't received any official updates on CIC account on my spouse's medicals ( It only shows my medicals were extended as passed since 11/23) but the GCMS notes I just got 2 days ago shows my Spouse's medical as passed.

Reactions: maghool71

Knoxxavier

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
I am seeing a lot many people are seeing requests for another PCC as it may have expired. mine was done way back in June'2020. Is this supposed to be true for all the cases ? Maybe that's why they have put my criminal check on hold till I resubmit the PCC once they ask me for it again.

Josh@v

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
I received the questionnaire for proof of relationship. Just uploaded in the kit application slot in document upload section.
Anyone with the same update?

Knoxxavier

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
I received the questionnaire for proof of relationship. Just uploaded in the kit application slot in document upload section.
Anyone with the same update?
I had received the Proof of Relationship Questionnaire with the other ADR requests itself. Waiting on BIL for my spouse.

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
For me spouse was added back in October. But recieved BIL recently. But what are the next steps after BIL usually?!
Honestly, no one knows :( we are a small community of people who added their spouses post AOR and we are all just still waiting. With the recent timelines released by the IRCC, the processing time for FSW applicants is now 27 months, I'm at 20 months now so I think for me it's at least 7 more months.

sriram17293

Dec 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

Oct 29, 2021: I received a PPR for my PR application (which I applied as Single). Then I informed IRCC about the addition of my common-law partner to the application. I did not send my passport for stamping.

Feb 16, 2022: I received an email from IRCC inviting me to send an add-on request to add my common-law partner to my PR application.

Feb 25, 2022: I prepared and sent all documents (along with payment, upfront medicals, PCC) of my common-law partner as 4 separate webforms.

March 31, 2022: I received an email from IRCC confirming receipt of all those documents, saying they have forwarded them to the responsible office.

April 10, 2022: Ghost update on my application, but no changes to profile.

I still do not see a "View dependents" on my profile. Do any of you have a rough idea of what stage I'm in? Biometrics for my partner is also done for a separate visa (visitor), so I'm assuming that step will not happen. Any idea on how much longer it will take to get a PPR for both me and my partner? Thank you!