kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Contact them. Did you declare yourself married when you applied?

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it's not my profile but I am checking for a friend.

He has EE profile, status married got ITA and submitted documents and received AOR, 3 weeks after his AOR he now wants to add his spouse (before it was non-accompying spouse) to application, he contacted couple of lawyers and got different different suggestion so he is now in a confusing situation and wants to get further advise.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
simplynd2804 said:
it's not my profile but I am checking for a friend.

He has EE profile, status married got ITA and submitted documents and received AOR, 3 weeks after his AOR he now wants to add his spouse (before it was non-accompying spouse) to application, he contacted couple of lawyers and got different different suggestion so he is now in a confusing situation and wants to get further advise.
He could just have said she was accompanying him in the first place. Contact CIC with a CSE and tell them. She will need to get her medicals and IELTS done I think.

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
kryt0n said:
He could just have said she was accompanying him in the first place. Contact CIC with a CSE and tell them. She will need to get her medicals and IELTS done I think.
If they approve, only medicals will be required. IELTS only required if they claim points for it!

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There could be a potential impact on points by adding spouse as 'accompanying' now. If said impact brings down the recalculated score below the cutoff for that particular draw, this application will be refused.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
There could be a potential impact on points by adding spouse as 'accompanying' now. If said impact brings down the recalculated score below the cutoff for that particular draw, this application will be refused.
What about if an applicant received PPR with spouse non accompanying, hasnot landed and wants to add spouse before landing with updated POF, medicals? Do points get re-evaluated then?

Thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lazybone said:
What about if an applicant received PPR with spouse non accompanying, hasnot landed and wants to add spouse before landing with updated POF, medicals? Do points get re-evaluated then?

Thanks!
Yes.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Thanks for your reply

But why? they aren't claiming any points for the spouse.. (Assuming the POF they provide are above the cut-off and the spouse clears the meds/criminality/security)

Does having a non-accompanying spouse equate to having the same points that are allocated for a single applicant?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lazybone said:
Thanks for your reply

But why? they aren't claiming any points for the spouse.. (Assuming the POF they provide are above the cut-off and the spouse clears the meds/criminality/security)

Does having a non-accompanying spouse equate to having the same points that are allocated for a single applicant?
Yes.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you get refunds if points drop below ITA and application gets refused?
If you have got BOWP on basis of AOR what happens to that? I think BOWP has 1 year expiry does it remains same or BOWP gets terminated as well?
Can you re enter in pool with new profile?

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
simplynd2804 said:
Do you get refunds if points drop below ITA and application gets refused?
If you have got BOWP on basis of AOR what happens to that? I think BOWP has 1 year expiry does it remains same or BOWP gets terminated as well?
Can you re enter in pool with new profile?
1. Don't think so. Refund is provided only if application returned as incomplete.
2. Refusal doesn't affect BOWP.
3. Yes.

BTW, you can search the forum, I remember at least 2 cases when points were recalculated after adding spouses and applications were refused.