+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Refugee Spouse to PR application

Rose Anjum

Dec 8, 2021
I’m applying for PR under Canadian Experience Class, I just completed 1 year of work experience on PGWP. Will adding my Spouse who is a Refugee Claimant affect my PR Application?? Can my PR be rejected or at risk if I add my spouse? His refugee case is still on-going

Gagan1904

Apr 5, 2022
I’m applying for PR under Canadian Experience Class, I just completed 1 year of work experience on PGWP. Will adding my Spouse who is a Refugee Claimant affect my PR Application?? Can my PR be rejected or at risk if I add my spouse? His refugee case is still on-going
Don’t involve your spouse. You just need to tell ircc that I’m the only who is getting PR not my spouse. Of course you have to mention that you are married and refugee claimant along with this but don’t forget to mention that my spouse isn’t accompanying me in PR. Same thing happened to me and I got lesson because I am refugee claimant and my wife applied for her PR and got almost refusal because I’m refugee claimant , Now we are waiting for final decision for her PR file

Ghetta223

Oct 21, 2021
Don’t involve your spouse. You just need to tell ircc that I’m the only who is getting PR not my spouse. Of course you have to mention that you are married and refugee claimant along with this but don’t forget to mention that my spouse isn’t accompanying me in PR. Same thing happened to me and I got lesson because I am refugee claimant and my wife applied for her PR and got almost refusal because I’m refugee claimant , Now we are waiting for final decision for her PR file
What do you mean by almost rejected? Did they reject your wife's file because you are a refugee claimant or they asked her to produce something? The law normally states that if your spouse has no temporary residence status in Canada then they are inadmissible and their inadmissibility means you are also inadmissible.

Reactions: scylla

Gagan1904

Apr 5, 2022
They found refugee claimant not inadmissible so that’s why spouse is also not inadmissible whatever category he or she is applying in.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You have to include the fact that you are married on your application or you will be misrepresenting your marital status. Not to mention that you will never be able to sponsor them if you don’t include them on your application.

Reactions: Simba112

Gagan1904

Apr 5, 2022
So what exactly makes claimant inadmissible? Appreciate the help please
if claimant got accepted only then heshe is inadmissible , quitting refugee claim is also not a good idea. all you have to do is wait for hearing and then see the results . but if you are applying then don't forget to mention that your spouse is claimant but is not joining or we are not applying for his her PR

Satinder41

Sep 30, 2022
Did you got any decision