+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding newborn to spousal application.

kausarali

Dec 25, 2018
If a child is born outside Canada to a PR father while the wife's application is post Pre-arrival stage and sponsor has already received the sponsor eligibility check, can the sponsor go on paternity leave outside Canada or the sponsor has to be inside Canada while adding the newborn as a dependent to spousal application ?

DrZip

Sep 21, 2021
Hello, any child born outside the country requires DNA test for the parents and child. Cheers

nubeado

May 21, 2021
If a child is born outside Canada to a PR father while the wife's application is post Pre-arrival stage and sponsor has already received the sponsor eligibility check, can the sponsor go on paternity leave outside Canada or the sponsor has to be inside Canada while adding the newborn as a dependent to spousal application ?
If you are PR you cant sponsor and being out of canada...

nubeado

May 21, 2021
Hello, any child born outside the country requires DNA test for the parents and child. Cheers
Since when? lol. They could ask for that, if they dont trust your documents, but nothing in an standard procedure...

DrZip

Sep 21, 2021
Since when? lol. They could ask for that, if they dont trust your documents, but nothing in an standard procedure...
Hello, its been a few years now that any child born outside the country, and parents in Canada wish to sponsor them require DNA test. I have witnessed it for a friend going through the process.

DrZip

Sep 21, 2021
If you are PR you cant sponsor and being out of canada...
I believe as a PR you have time restrictions to stay in Canada to make sure the validity of your residency, not sure the details. But being permanently out of the country will undermine your PR status. Cheers

kausarali

Dec 25, 2018
I believe as a PR you have time restrictions to stay in Canada to make sure the validity of your residency, not sure the details. But being permanently out of the country will undermine your PR status. Cheers
Uou you need to maintain residency I understand that but being outside Canada for 2-3 months and adding newborn from their would not delay or or reject the application? I called IRCC and the agent said you are okay since you are not submitting a new separate application. It is an add on to already in process application so you are good as you already have recieved the sponsor eligibility.
Still I am skeptical

nubeado

May 21, 2021
Fuking troll...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Uou you need to maintain residency I understand that but being outside Canada for 2-3 months and adding newborn from their would not delay or or reject the application? I called IRCC and the agent said you are okay since you are not submitting a new separate application. It is an add on to already in process application so you are good as you already have recieved the sponsor eligibility.
Still I am skeptical
Thos isn’t correct and unfortunately the advice given by the customer service representatives is often incorrect. As a PR you are required to remain in Canada during your sponsorship application. Canadian citizens are able to remain abroad during the sponsorship process. A short vacation is overlooked but I would not recommend more than 2-3 weeks abroad. You will need to add your child to the sponsorship application. That may trigger the VO to make sure you did not return home to remain with your newborn.

kausarali

Dec 25, 2018
Thos isn’t correct and unfortunately the advice given by the customer service representatives is often incorrect. As a PR you are required to remain in Canada during your sponsorship application. Canadian citizens are able to remain abroad during the sponsorship process. A short vacation is overlooked but I would not recommend more than 2-3 weeks abroad. You will need to add your child to the sponsorship application. That may trigger the VO to make sure you did not return home to remain with your newborn.

I applied for my wife's application in Nov 2020. Went outside Canada for 2 months and received Aor1 as well as sponsor eligibility in April 2021.