+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding newborn after csq

syphix

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Hello,

I have just received my csq for me and my family on Friday but I am expecting a baby in Nov. Can you please guide me thru the procedures?

Do I just update my csq application by sending the modification to csq doc below with birth certificate of my newborn? Or should I resend back the csq docs I received on Friday too together with the update docs?

Doc to submit:
Modification à une demande de certificat de sélection (A-0520-MF) - Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion Québec.

How long should I wait for the above to get CSQ for my newborn?

Also what are the steps to do afterwards to get PR? And average waiting time to get PR?

Thanks in advance

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
you should send a separate application for your child with birth certificate.

naveed1

May 13, 2011
sialkot pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 MARCH 2011
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICANTION ON 5 MARCH 2011
AOR Received.
11 APRIL 2011
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
RBVO 8 MAY 2011 ( in process 2 nov 2011)
Med's Request
17 jan 2012
Med's Done....
8 feb 2012 rprf sent on 10 feb med recevied line added 5 march
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
ppr1 9 july 2012 DM 13 july 2012 ppr2 13 sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 sep 2012
LANDED..........
in nov or december Inshaallah
syphix said:
Hello,

I have just received my csq for me and my family on Friday but I am expecting a baby in Nov. Can you please guide me thru the procedures?

Do I just update my csq application by sending the modification to csq doc below with birth certificate of my newborn? Or should I resend back the csq docs I received on Friday too together with the update docs?

Doc to submit:
Modification à une demande de certificat de sélection (A-0520-MF) - Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion Québec.

Also what are the steps to do afterwards to get PR? And average waiting time to get PR?

Thanks in advance
[/quote

I am also on the same boat just gave them call about what documents i need to send them in order to add up my child in the application after getting csq they told me that i have to send them birth certificate ; passport copy ; change of application form; the fee ; new form for financial sufficiency and csq letter that i have received for my wife and myself .... But make sure that you keep copy of every document that you send to them...

syphix

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
naveed1 said:
syphix said:
Hello,

Doc to submit:

Thanks in advance
[/quote

I am also on the same boat just gave them call about what documents i need to send them in order to add up my child in the application after getting csq they told me that i have to send them birth certificate ; passport copy ; change of application form; the fee ; new form for financial sufficiency and csq letter that i have received for my wife and myself .... But make sure that you keep copy of every document that you send to them...
Hello naveed1,

Thanks for the update.

Could you please tell me exactly what application form i should be sending?

Also, you mentioned passport copy, so i should only send them a copy of the newborn's passport? No need to send passport photo right?
Do i need to send back the 2 original copies of CSQ that i obtained for my husband, my child and myself? or just the csq letter that i got?

naveed1

May 13, 2011
sialkot pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 MARCH 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
11 APRIL 2011
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
Med's Request
17 jan 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23 sep 2012
LANDED..........
Hi ; You need to send the form ( change to application for a selection certificat A0520) and you also need to send passport copy and yes passport photo as well and yes you need to send them the original letter that you had received for you and your husband but make sure that you keep one copy of everything that you send them.

To make it easy for you i gonna write a break down of what you need to send them,

1 - Change of application for a selection certificate

2- Financial self sufficiency form

3- passport copies and passport photos

4- original csq certificates that you have received for you and your husband and child.

5- original or certified birth certificates

6- Fee payment through bank draft or whatever source you want to use.

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
naveed1 said:
Hi ; You need to send the form ( change to application for a selection certificat A0520) and you also need to send passport copy and yes passport photo as well and yes you need to send them the original letter that you had received for you and your husband but make sure that you keep one copy of everything that you send them.

To make it easy for you i gonna write a break down of what you need to send them,

1 - Change of application for a selection certificate

2- Financial self sufficiency form

3- passport copies and passport photos

4- original csq certificates that you have received for you and your husband and child.

5- original or certified birth certificates

6- Fee payment through bank draft or whatever source you want to use.
With how many points you have submitted ur application! Exclude the points of ur new born?

naveed1

May 13, 2011
sialkot pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 MARCH 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
11 APRIL 2011
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
Med's Request
17 jan 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23 sep 2012
LANDED..........
Here is the breakdown that i had assessed before sending my education.

1 education ( MBA banking points 10

Experience : points 8

AOT : points 6

ielts 4 points

spouse education points 4 aot 3 age 3

child 4 ( not new born )

financial 1

naveed1

May 13, 2011
sialkot pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 MARCH 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
11 APRIL 2011
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
Med's Request
17 jan 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23 sep 2012
LANDED..........
syphix said:
Hello,

Doc to submit:

Hi : Can you tell me where are you from ? And what is the issuance date written on your letter and what date did you receive it ?

Thanks

Thanks in advance

syphix

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
naveed1 said:
Hello,

Doc to submit:

Hi : Can you tell me where are you from ? And what is the issuance date written on your letter and what date did you receive it ?

Thanks

Thanks in advance
Date of issuance 4th of Aug
Date received via post 26 Aug

You?

Have you already received CSQ for your newborn?

issen

Oct 6, 2017
Hello Everyone. This is exactly the question that i have but i do not see the answer on previous replies. How long does it take to process an additional CSQ for a new born as from date i send the application. Already got CSQs for my Spouse, elder son and myself. Waiting CSQ for the new born.

Thanks in advance for your help.

jewelshohag

Oct 1, 2016
Here is the breakdown that i had assessed before sending my education.

1 education ( MBA banking points 10

Experience : points 8

AOT : points 6

ielts 4 points

spouse education points 4 aot 3 age 3

child 4 ( not new born )

financial 1
Bro...ive a quey...what r the threshold points for IELTS...I mean reading, speaking and other..it's start from 4.5 or 5 or 5.5...moreover for each band what r the score...like Speaking 5=1...
You got 4 points..wat r yr scores.

Thanks...

Kyle_Steve

Star Member
May 7, 2016
okay, if you already have CSQ, then it should not be a problem.

my child was born after we got our csq so I updated Quebec immigration and sent them

1. application for change to add a family member

2- Financial self sufficiency form with more funds that you will need

3- Certified birth certificates

4- Fee payment

5- they didn't ask for passport copy but I still sent them a certified passport copy of my newborn child

that's it and CSQ of my kid was with me within 3 months

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
This is regarding adding non accompanying new born in on going application

I got information from cic that I need to fill in below forms

1. Generic form
2 . Background declaration form

No fees is required to pay as the new born is non accompanying

Docs required
1. Only birth certificate

I am bit confused on the doc required as my baby is born outside canada so am I still don't need a passport ?

Can anyone give kind suggestions on doc required