+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding newborn after COPR

Coldriver

Aug 6, 2020
Hi everyone
I am in the same situation I applied all documents for my new baby and still waiting since June 2021 and my copr will be finished after 2 weeks from now what should I do, they did not send me anything
If anyone has Any idea about the timeline to share it with us that will be great

AJA85

Sep 17, 2021
Hi everyone
I am in the same situation I applied all documents for my new baby and still waiting since June 2021 and my copr will be finished after 2 weeks from now what should I do, they did not send me anything
If anyone has Any idea about the timeline to share it with us that will be great
Hi Coldriver, I applied all documents for my newborn on April 2021, he passed his medical exams on April 16, 2021. Since then we haven't heard back from IRCC. Please keep me posted on what happens with the application...

Coldriver

Aug 6, 2020
Hi thank you for reply
They didn’t send me any notification or request to do even the medical exam is that normal ? What should I do my copr is going to be expired soon I checked the application status it’s changed to still on process

HKN965

Nov 10, 2021
Hi thank you for reply
They didn’t send me any notification or request to do even the medical exam is that normal ? What should I do my copr is going to be expired soon I checked the application status it’s changed to still on process
Hello Coldriver,

Did you get any response from them by now?

pravu87

Jan 27, 2021
HI all, my wife and I are in a similar situation (currently residing in the US) - received CoPR on Sept 10, 2021 and our baby was born on Sept 26, 2021. We tried to contact IRCC through webform multiple times, but there wasn't any response. Do you suggest we go ahead and get the necessary documents and medicals done for the baby ? Or would you suggest waiting until we hear back from IRCC on the next steps? Thanks in advance

Jaffer60000

Nov 6, 2020
Hi, I had received the COPR in January but then we had a baby in February. So now, I have sent all the required documents to add my newborn to the express entry application. However, I 1did this in March 2020 and i have not yet received a new COPR. It's been already more than 4 months.
Is anyone in similar boat waiting for a fresh COPR.
HI

How much time IRCC took to include your new born baby on the COPR

Kassim213

Mar 31, 2020
HI

How much time IRCC took to include your new born baby on the COPR
My COPR expired march 17, 2020. Baby was born in November 2020, application was reopened and did remedicals and submitted all documents in Jan 2021. Waiting till now and no reply. May be should give up

Jaffer60000

Nov 6, 2020
I have cross checked with couple of my friends who has gone through same situations like you in 2018 and it took almost an year for them to get revised COPR with baby included
Did you applied from India ?

Kassim213

Mar 31, 2020
I have cross checked with couple of my friends who has gone through same situations like you in 2018 and it took almost an year for them to get revised COPR with baby included
Did you applied from India ?
No from uae. Thanks for the reply. The wait seems very long

Escape26

Jun 23, 2019
FSW Outland
PA + Dependent- 2
Nationality / COR- Nigeria
AOR- October 2019
Re-medical request- March 2021
UE - October, 2021
PPR - 9 December 2021

Rajeshgupta01

Dec 9, 2021
AOR SEP 2018 and COPR received in dec 2019.
Waiting for revised COPR after addition of child
NDVO
Eligibility - passed
Security -
Criminality - passed - expired
Medical - passed
Misrepresentation -
Info shearing - complete
Final -

Waiting for revised copr for more than 1.5 years

Last edited:

Coldriver

Aug 6, 2020
AOR SEP 2018 and COPR received in dec 2019.
Waiting for revised COPR after addition of child
NDVO
Eligibility - passed
Security -
Criminality - passed - expired
Medical - passed
Misrepresentation -
Info shearing - complete
Final -

Waiting for revised copr for more than 1.5 years
Wow that's longtime

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Someone reached out to me and I thought I will update here so all can benefit

No update for more than 1 year, so I reached out recently and I got a reply saying due to pandemic the process has been slow but your file is still active. So looks like its all good but the process is slow.
They sent me this link to check the processing timeline (approximate though) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Hope this helps and I don't think you got to worry as long as your application is open and in processing. COPR is going to take time and I predict 2022 is going to be this way and perhaps processing will move fast later this year to next.