+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding newborn after COPR

pranaam

Mar 9, 2020
Hi, I had received the COPR in January but then we had a baby in February. So now, I have sent all the required documents to add my newborn to the express entry application. However, I 1did this in March 2020 and i have not yet received a new COPR. It's been already more than 4 months.
Is anyone in similar boat waiting for a fresh COPR.

Reactions: viniz

SonikaAnand

Aug 31, 2020
Hi, I had received the COPR in January but then we had a baby in February. So now, I have sent all the required documents to add my newborn to the express entry application. However, I 1did this in March 2020 and i have not yet received a new COPR. It's been already more than 4 months.
Hi! We are in a similar situation as yours. Did you get any update on your newborn’s application?

pranaam

Mar 9, 2020
Nope, nothing as of now. Let me know if you get any updates. Please remember to reply on this thread.

vip007

Mar 2, 2021
@pranaam @SonikaAnand
Did you guys get any update on your newborn’s application?
is it approved ?
how long it took to get the PR mail ?

I am in same situation. Have uploaded all documents on Dec 9, 2020.
Since then its in background check processing.

pranaam

Mar 9, 2020
@pranaam @SonikaAnand
Did you guys get any update on your newborn’s application?
is it approved ?
how long it took to get the PR mail ?

I am in same situation. Have uploaded all documents on Dec 9, 2020.
Since then its in background check processing.
It took us almost 9-10 months to get the confirmation. You will see your status being updated in profile.

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi
Could you tell me how did you send all the documents ?

I am in a similar boat, but my application still says approved and I do not have anyway to update the documents to include my child. I contacted cic using the web form and got a response that is of no help

----

I also see the last line bolded here, saying " maybe impossible to add a remember if a final decision has already been made" ?

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
I logged in to the portal and there is no way to submit any additional document as my status is approved.

I am confused on what to do now, do you know if there is any way we could call and reach cic directly?
Appreciate any suggestions and what to do next...

Thank you so much

pranaam

Mar 9, 2020
Hi
Could you tell me how did you send all the documents ?

I am in a similar boat, but my application still says approved and I do not have anyway to update the documents to include my child. I contacted cic using the web form and got a response that is of no help

----

I also see the last line bolded here, saying " maybe impossible to add a remember if a final decision has already been made" ?

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
I logged in to the portal and there is no way to submit any additional document as my status is approved.

I am confused on what to do now, do you know if there is any way we could call and reach cic directly?
Appreciate any suggestions and what to do next...

Thank you so much

pranaam

Mar 9, 2020
They sent me email and then I was able to attach everything in web application portal. That gets activated for you to attach the documents and then I re submitted the documents. In your case you can try to submit things via multiple webforms.

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
They sent me email and then I was able to attach everything in web application portal. That gets activated for you to attach the documents and then I re submitted the documents. In your case you can try to submit things via multiple webforms.
Thank you for the quick reply Pranam, so when you mean web application portal is it the same one which you used initially to upload documents and submit the application and check for status etc ?

pranaam

Mar 9, 2020
Yes same portal and same login and after that I also sent the same documents via 3 separate webform because you have size limitation to attach documents in each webform.

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Yes same portal and same login and after that I also sent the same documents via 3 separate webform because you have size limitation to attach documents in each webform.
Thank you for the information, I will wait for them to reply and see what are being requested.

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thank you for the information, I will wait for them to reply and see what are being requested.
Hi @pranaam quick question on the medicals for the baby

Can I get the medicals done from my pediatrician or should it be from the panel physician as mentioned in the cic website ? What should be included in the child medicals ?

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
For anyone in my situation, just updating the status here to benefit.

I have been contacting IRCC using the webform and have done it multiple times and have not received any fruitful reply to them nor they have opened the portal to upload my child's documents as of April 20 2021.

I m just concerned about paying fee and uploading these documents through the web form as I feel I have not got any proper reply on them so trying to avoid paying upfront before they open up the webportal for me. I will keep this thread updated if I hear anything from them. Thanks