+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding newborn after COPR

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi All,

Hope this helps people in similar situation,

I received am update from IRCC and they have finally reopened my case (it will be same portal where the final application decision that was made). The letter had details on documents that is required to add the dependent child and the option to upload documents were included.

My medicals is expired but they still have not asked medical for me or for my spouse (perhaps they may update once the dependent application is completed). For now only my child medicals were requested and they sent the IME number and documents needed for the medicals and it is exactly the same process except no blood work required for children.

List of documents,

1) Birth Certificate copy
2) Passport copy (just the photo page and amendment page if any)
3) Passport Photo to be uploaded
4) Proof of funds
5) Forms for dependent and generic IMM008 & IMM5406
6) Payment receipt (it was $225 for Express Entry applications to add a child)

Once above documents are uploaded, then they will open the option to upload medicals for the child (so you do not need to rush for medicals)

Timeline
It took approximately 4 months of following up with IRCC using the webform before reaching this stage. Initially contacted IRCC in early Jan 2021 and Application was re-opened on April 23 2021.

Will keep posted on the subsequent steps and timeline.

Thanks,

Jaffer60000

Nov 6, 2020
Hi All,

I received am update from IRCC and they have finally reopened my case (it will be same portal where the final application decision that was made). The letter had details on documents that is required to add the dependent child and the option to upload documents were included.

My medicals is expired but they still have not asked medical for me or for my spouse (perhaps they may update once the dependent application is completed). For now only my child medicals were requested and they sent the IME number and documents needed for the medicals and it is exactly the same process except no blood work required for children.

List of documents,

4) Proof of funds

Once above documents are uploaded, then they will open the option to upload medicals for the child (so you do not need to rush for medicals)

Timeline
It took approximately 4 months of following up with IRCC using the webform before reaching this stage. Initially contacted IRCC in early Jan 2021 and Application was re-opened on April 23 2021.

Thanks,
Hi

I saw your information about adding a new child after getting an COPR. I will be in the same situation soon

My PR file (CEC Outland) is in processing since Dec2020 and haven't heard any news from Immigration yet and my wife is pregnant (5 Months old)
In this case Do I need to inform Immigration about pregnant ? or wait until I get my COPR and then update immigration about pregnant or new born baby

Thanks in advance for your answer

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi

I saw your information about adding a new child after getting an COPR. I will be in the same situation soon

My PR file (CEC Outland) is in processing since Dec2020 and haven't heard any news from Immigration yet and my wife is pregnant (5 Months old)
In this case Do I need to inform Immigration about pregnant ? or wait until I get my COPR and then update immigration about pregnant or new born baby

Thanks in advance for your answer
They take time to reply, yes do inform them and also follow up after 3 weeks / 4 weeks if you do not receive any updates from IRCC. If you have not received your COPR yet and if your application is still in processing, its must easier to include dependent before a final decision is made.

Reactions: tonisg18

Vagahardoss

Jan 15, 2020
Hi All,

List of documents,

4) Proof of funds

Timeline

Thanks,
Hi
I am in the same situation as you, I received COPR and VISA on 15/11/2020, my daughter was born in Dec 2020, I informed IRCC of that. On 22/1/2021 I received instructions on how to add her. On 5/2/2021 our COPR and visa expired, since that I haven't heard from IRCC. I raised several webforms and I called IRCC, the only reply was we received your documents, but nothing has been done yet.
Yesterday 5/7/2021 I was informed by email that my documents were received and found out that my daughter's name is listed in the dependants section.
I'm wondering, what can I expected next.
What about you?

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi
I am in the same situation as you, I received COPR and VISA on 15/11/2020, my daughter was born in Dec 2020, I informed IRCC of that. On 22/1/2021 I received instructions on how to add her. On 5/2/2021 our COPR and visa expired, since that I haven't heard from IRCC. I raised several webforms and I called IRCC, the only reply was we received your documents, but nothing has been done yet.
Yesterday 5/7/2021 I was informed by email that my documents were received and found out that my daughter's name is listed in the dependants section.
I'm wondering, what can I expected next.
What about you?
Yes they are taking time, no update from them after uploading the dependent documents. Same message as you got "received documents"

----
we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
----
The above was the message sent by them on Jun 8th.

I don't see there is anything to worry, just wait and things will move.

ps: Please be patient, there is no necessity to raise several webforms.

Vagahardoss

Jan 15, 2020
Yes they are taking time, no update from them after uploading the dependent documents. Same message as you got "received documents"

----
we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
----

Thanks for your reply

Does the name of your child shows up in the dependent list?
During my last call, the agent informed me that once reaching 2022, IRCC will extend review to our files, so all the case will be reopened, so somewhere there is a reason to put pressure on them, by any means.

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thanks for your reply

Does the name of your child shows up in the dependent list?
During my last call, the agent informed me that once reaching 2022, IRCC will extend review to our files, so all the case will be reopened, so somewhere there is a reason to put pressure on them, by any means.
I did not understand you comment. Yes my child's name is shown on the dependent list.

AJA85

Sep 17, 2021

----

----

Hello Perem1,

I am in the situation as you are... our new born passed the medical exam on April18 2021 but still no news from IRCC...just wondering if you received any recent updates? Thank you

Vagahardoss

Jan 15, 2020
Hello Perem1,

I am in the situation as you are... our new born passed the medical exam on April18 2021 but still no news from IRCC...just wondering if you received any recent updates? Thank you
Hi
No reply nor update from IRCC, lately I ordered GCMS notes, I found that IRCC cancelled my documents (CoPR and Visa) and reopened my application.

Vagahardoss

Jan 15, 2020
Dear
Are there updates from your end? My daughter's med will expire soon (January) and I still haven't received any positive feedback from IRCC. I've ordered new notes, I'm keeping you posted once I'll receive them

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
No updates ! I got an email saying there is an update to your application but I logged in and found nothing new. I have not reached out yet, currently not sure what more to do