+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding new born baby outside Canada to existing PR application

nshukoor

Aug 31, 2015
Hello all,

hope everyone is doing well, and this is very urgent if anyone can share his/her experience.

My husband is PR holder since April 2014 and we were blessed with a baby girl on October 2015.
I informed the CHC-Islamabad,Pakistan about the change in our family size and sent IDs of the new born baby.
but now I got email from embassy in Islamabad saying that the baby can not be added to my file and has to be sponsored
by her father.
My PR application has moved to next stage for medical.

I am confused and do not knwo what to do.

1-Is sponorship the only way or can I apply for visitor visa for my baby?
2-how long the sponsorship of a new born baby will take.
3-is there any other way to include my baby in my own application because I have not got visa yet.

looking for your help in this regard.

NS

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ask again and remind them that your husband is PR and not a citizen and the baby as a new family member must be added to your application before you can land.

nshukoor

Aug 31, 2015
Thanks for your reply Leon.
this is the email I got from CHC-Islamabad.

Please be advised that your daughter was born on October 2015, whereas your husband was granted a PR status in Canada on April 2014. Thus child cannot be added to your file as your husband is required to submit FC3 sponsorship for any new born after the date of his landing in Canada. He should contact CPC-Mississauga to submit FC3 sponsorship for new born.

Please find enclosed letter for compliance. Read it carefully and follow the mentioned instructions. You are require dto submit you medical examination and passport without any delay.

Regards,
Immigration Section
High Commission of Canada, Islamabad

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nshukoor said:
Thanks for your reply Leon.
this is the email I got from CHC-Islamabad.

Please be advised that your daughter was born on October 2015, whereas your husband was granted a PR status in Canada on April 2014. Thus child cannot be added to your file as your husband is required to submit FC3 sponsorship for any new born after the date of his landing in Canada. He should contact CPC-Mississauga to submit FC3 sponsorship for new born.

Please find enclosed letter for compliance. Read it carefully and follow the mentioned instructions. You are require dto submit you medical examination and passport without any delay.

Regards,
Immigration Section
High Commission of Canada, Islamabad
If I understand correctly that your husband is in the process of sponsoring you, then you need to explain to the visa office that you do not want the baby added to his PR application which is already closed as he already landed but to your PR application/sponsorship.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe CIC is correct in asking your spouse to submit FC3 application for your new born. This means your spouse (PR holder currently in Canada) is sponsoring the baby.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jairichi said:
I believe CIC is correct in asking your spouse to submit FC3 application for your new born. This means your spouse (PR holder currently in Canada) is sponsoring the baby.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf
If she is being sponsored for PR, the baby needs to be added to her application. Leaving the baby off her application means she has not declared the baby and therefore is guilty of misrepresentation if she lands on a visa she gets as a non-mother. Whether they add the baby as not accompanying and then sponsor it separately or they add the baby as accompanying with the mother is not important but if the mother is being sponsored and hasn't landed as a PR before the baby is born, the baby must be added to her application in some form or another.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
If she is being sponsored for PR, the baby needs to be added to her application. Leaving the baby off her application means she has not declared the baby and therefore is guilty of misrepresentation if she lands on a visa she gets as a non-mother. Whether they add the baby as not accompanying and then sponsor it separately or they add the baby as accompanying with the mother is not important but if the mother is being sponsored and hasn't landed as a PR before the baby is born, the baby must be added to her application in some form or another.
That is correct. To add the baby to her application she cannot do it by herself. A sponsorship is required. Since spouse is the sponsor for her and now for the baby a FC3 application has to be filed by her spouse.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jairichi said:
That is correct. To add the baby to her application she cannot do it by herself. A sponsorship is required. Since spouse is the sponsor for her and now for the baby a FC3 application has to be filed by her spouse.
But the baby should not have her own application. It should be added to hers.

What she and her husband need to do is go through her sponsorship / PR application and update all forms where the baby would be added. Send those forms and birth certificate of the baby to the visa office and ask for it to be added. Same as with her sponsorship/PR application, they both need to fill out the forms.

If her husband files a separate application for the baby and she does not add the baby to her application, she then gets a visa and lands on it, she would have committed misrepresentation and could lose her PR for it and get a ban. She could appeal it if that happened because they did ask to add the baby. However, I suspect that the visa office misunderstood their request and thought they wanted to add the baby to her husbands closed PR application instead of her still pending application.

If the visa office had properly understood their request, they should have told them which forms to re-do and fees to pay etc.

nshukoor

Aug 31, 2015
Hi all,
Thanks for your great information.

our story is as follows:
we were already married when my husband went to Canada and I was in the application when he claimed for refugee status.
so he is not sponsoring me , as I am family dependent of the refugee so CIC is not asking for sponosrship.
but on October 2015 we were blessed with a baby girl and I already sent fax and emails to embassy in Pakistan to inform them of change in our family size.
when the baby was born I sent all the documents(photos,birth certificate,passport copy,fee receipt) but embassy
says that the baby can not bee added to the mother PR application which is in final stage because she was born after her father was landed in Canada and needs to be sponsored.

Now my question is :
Is sponosrship the only way ?
can we apply for Temporary risident permit or visa?
what are the chances of getting temporary resident permit or visa?

thanks
NS

nshukoor

Aug 31, 2015
Hi all

any idea how long the sponosrship of a baby born outside Canada will take?
is it quicker from the adult?
the website says 16 months.
will be great if anyone has any experience in this regard.

thanks
NS

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is possible that it will take that long but normally children are faster because they don't need background checks and the medicals are very simple.

nshukoor

Aug 31, 2015
Thanks Leon for your reply.

I was asked by CHC-Islamabad that the father of the baby should fill FC3 forms , what are these forms exactly?
when I search in the interent it gives me a 34 page package.
what forms are exactly needed for the baby sponsorship?
and who should fill the forms the father?

thanks
NS

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nshukoor said:
Thanks Leon for your reply.

I was asked by CHC-Islamabad that the father of the baby should fill FC3 forms , what are these forms exactly?
when I search in the interent it gives me a 34 page package.
what forms are exactly needed for the baby sponsorship?
and who should fill the forms the father?

thanks
NS
The form has to be filled by father.

nshukoor

Aug 31, 2015
Hell all,

I just wanted to ask what are the forms to be filled for sponosring my new born daughter?
CHC-Islamabad says, FC3 .
will be great if someone can share the link where I can download the forms?

thanks
NS