+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding New born Baby after submitting the PR Application

Dec 22, 2021
@Candianapplicant you can go for option 2 - when did you previous submit 5406?
@Candianapplicant you can go for option 2 - when did you previous submit 5406?
I haven't submitted imm5406 before.

I want to add new born baby in my EE application. IRCC asked me to send list of documents including imm0008, imm5406 and more.
While filling IMM 5406, i realised that previously while filling online PR application I forgot to add spouse's brother in following question:

Please tell us about (accompanying spouse) immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.
This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death.

I fear, If I add spouse's brother now in IMM5406 application, which IRCC is asking.They can consider it as misrepresentation as I have not mentioned previously.

That is why, I am really worried because my AOR is june 2020. If my file would be rejected that will be the end of canada Dream. I may not able to apply again as my IELTS and OINP nomination already expired.

If you can guide me what I can do in this case. I will be really thankful!

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
I haven't submitted imm5406 before.

I want to add new born baby in my EE application. IRCC asked me to send list of documents including imm0008, imm5406 and more.
While filling IMM 5406, i realised that previously while filling online PR application I forgot to add spouse's brother in following question:

Please tell us about (accompanying spouse) immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.
This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death.

I fear, If I add spouse's brother now in IMM5406 application, which IRCC is asking.They can consider it as misrepresentation as I have not mentioned previously.

That is why, I am really worried because my AOR is june 2020. If my file would be rejected that will be the end of canada Dream. I may not able to apply again as my IELTS and OINP nomination already expired.

If you can guide me what I can do in this case. I will be really thankful!
@Candianapplicant i understand the worry but if you are making re submissions on time and proactively informing them about your mistake there is nothing to worry. You can check with other experts on this forum. However, an loe and updated form should be sufficient. All the best

Dec 22, 2021
Thanks
@Candianapplicant i understand the worry but if you are making re submissions on time and proactively informing them about your mistake there is nothing to worry. You can check with other experts on this forum. However, an loe and updated form should be sufficient. All the best
Thanks a lot for the help and guidance!!!

I am going to raise webform with 5406 form including new baby name and brother in law name.

Please let me know if anything more I can do!

-Thanks

Reactions: daveishan
Dec 22, 2021
Hi @daveishan

Do you think the following explanation is sufficient, will really appreciate the response:

Previously, in the online PR application, we were unaware of the fact that the name of brother-in-law (brother of the accompanying spouse) is also needed to be added, even if he is MARRIED and NOT A DEPENDENT. We had NO intention to hide that information, and it was an honest mistake from our end. However, we (primary applicant and accompanying spouse) already added the information of Parents, spouse and dependent children in the current application. We hope you can rectify this mistake and update this change in the application. Updated and correct IMM5406 form is in the attachment.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi @daveishan

Do you think the following explanation is sufficient, will really appreciate the response:

Previously, in the online PR application, we were unaware of the fact that the name of brother-in-law (brother of the accompanying spouse) is also needed to be added, even if he is MARRIED and NOT A DEPENDENT. We had NO intention to hide that information, and it was an honest mistake from our end. However, we (primary applicant and accompanying spouse) already added the information of Parents, spouse and dependent children in the current application. We hope you can rectify this mistake and update this change in the application. Updated and correct IMM5406 form is in the attachment.
Hi @Candianapplicant - i cannot comment on the appropriateness of the content. It would best that you take a call on the appropriate text that needs to be included. All the best

Dec 22, 2021
Hi @Candianapplicant - i cannot comment on the appropriateness of the content. It would best that you take a call on the appropriate text that needs to be included. All the best
Hi @daveishan,
Thanks again for the guidance!

I have submitted the webform including IMM5406 forms and Letter of explanation.

In the imm5406, I added information about newborn baby and missed brother of spouse.

Hope officer accept the changes and doesn't reject my application because of my silly mistake.

Reactions: daveishan

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
hello all
My baby born on last monday, i talked to cic agent today and he sent me this email. I am canadian citizen as sponsor and my wife PR application (out land) still is in process. Cic recently sent her file from cpc- sydney to CPC mississauga (first office) to new delhi (secondary office).
questions:-
1) should i have to fill IMM008 ? yes or no?
2) also if , I have to fill IMM008 , in that form I have to write down citizneship of baby? what should i have to write over there ( indian citizen or canadian citizen)?
3) shoul i have to do medical for my new born?
4)shoul i have to pay fees for biometric ?? which fees i have to pay ??

Add-on - Application to sponsor a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child
When you have a sponsorship application in process, a family member of the person being sponsored could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.
To do so, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario:
and
  • The add-on request including:
    • your name,
    • your client ID number/UCI,
    • your file number,
    • a detailed letter of explanation,
    • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
    • if applicable, the proof of payment.
Useful tips
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only the add-on request is required.
  • Please ensure to write ADD-ON on the forms and on the envelope.
  • If you would like proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.
please help me out , thnx

Last edited:

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
hello all
My baby born on last monday, i talked to cic agent today and he sent me this email. I am canadian citizen as sponsor and my wife PR application (out land) still is in process. Cic recently sent her file from cpc- sydney to CPC mississauga (first office) to new delhi (secondary office).
questions:-
1) should i have to fill IMM008 ? yes or no?
2) also if , I have to fill IMM008 , in that form I have to write down citizneship of baby? what should i have to write over there ( indian citizen or canadian citizen)?
3) shoul i have to do medical for my new born?
4)shoul i have to pay fees for biometric ?? which fees i have to pay ??

Add-on - Application to sponsor a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child
When you have a sponsorship application in process, a family member of the person being sponsored could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.
To do so, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario:
and
  • The add-on request including:
    • your name,
    • your client ID number/UCI,
    • your file number,
    • a detailed letter of explanation,
    • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
    • if applicable, the proof of payment.
Useful tips
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only the add-on request is required.
  • Please ensure to write ADD-ON on the forms and on the envelope.
  • If you would like proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.
please help me out , thnx
@Mohsin patel this forum is for express entry - your requirement seems to fall under family sponsorship so the process will be different. Please post on a more relevant forum.

Congrats on the addition to the family! all the best

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Actually, I am worried that they would not reject my application because of misrepresentation.
Misrepresentation is not so loosely applied. It would be misrepresentation if you somehow faked documents to claim points to get an ITA. This is a miss in the application but not to the level of misrepresentation. I would be really surprised if this would result in declining of an application.

gabbybtoo

Apr 7, 2019
Hello everyone. Thanks for all your replies. I'm trying to add my new born and need help to fill the Generic Form IMM 008. My AR was Aug 2019 and AOR was September 2019. My Passport or travel document expired in June 2020, so I had to get new passport.
Do I need to update the form with details such as new passport number & UCI? Or should I simply leave all information as they were in the initial form and scroll down to the Add Dependant button only? Please help.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hello everyone. Thanks for all your replies. I'm trying to add my new born and need help to fill the Generic Form IMM 008. My AR was Aug 2019 and AOR was September 2019. My Passport or travel document expired in June 2020, so I had to get new passport.
Do I need to update the form with details such as new passport number & UCI? Or should I simply leave all information as they were in the initial form and scroll down to the Add Dependant button only? Please help.
@gabbybtoo you need to update the form with all the new details - do not share an incomplete form

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
@Mohsin patel this forum is for express entry - your requirement seems to fall under family sponsorship so the process will be different. Please post on a more relevant forum.

Congrats on the addition to the family! all the best
there is no tag like express entry ? i think you have to double chek the title ?
it was saying adding new born after pr application.

do not answer me without reading the title of this group.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
there is no tag like express entry ? i think you have to double chek the title ?
it was saying adding new born after pr application.

do not answer me without reading the title of this group.
@Mohsin patel looking at your post - the forms requested by IRCC differs from those that need to be filled by express entry applicants when they are adding a dependent on the file.

That is why i mentioned that the process you need to follow seems to fall under family sponsorship and not express entry. Generally, express entry applicants are required to fill IMM008, IMM00DEP, Schedule A, and IMM5406 (for spouse and self), and birth certificate and passport of child when adding a child to the application.

All the best!

Ani_mod

Feb 18, 2019
@Mohsin patel looking at your post - the forms requested by IRCC differs from those that need to be filled by express entry applicants when they are adding a dependent on the file.

That is why i mentioned that the process you need to follow seems to fall under family sponsorship and not express entry. Generally, express entry applicants are required to fill IMM008, IMM00DEP, Schedule A, and IMM5406 (for spouse and self), and birth certificate and passport of child when adding a child to the application.

All the best!
Hello @daveishan

I am in the process of Adding a dependent son to my EE profile. My spouse is non accompanying and we had a new born boy in Nov 2021. I raised a webform and IRCC asked me to share New born Birth certificate, Passport (both of which I have ready), IMM0008 form, IMM5406 form and RPRF for new born. I was wondering if I have to pay RPRF Fee if my son is also going to stay in India with my spouse and later I will sponsor them? Also for form IMM 5406 I believe both my spouse and I have to submit separate copies even if my spouse is non accompanying? Seeking
your help because you have already done this process.

Thanks much.

Reactions: kevran32