+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding New born Baby after submitting the PR Application

ymenghani

Jun 22, 2018
Hi,

In response to my question to CIC regarding the process of adding a newborn baby to my PR Application, I have received below response (Which I have posted in this thread).

My question is do I need to submit both the forms (IMM 0008) and (IMM 0008DEP) or any one of them? Is form IMM 0008 is compulsory?

Please if anyone can help

Below is the response from CIC

Good day Yash Menghani,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

· If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.

• If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
We hope you will find this information helpful.

Your add-on request will be evaluated by the responsible office. You will be contacted when a decision will be made or if further information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Mathew, Agent 4029
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Ferny

Aug 29, 2018
Hi,
Did you submit all the information?
what is the next step and what about medical?
I am in the same situation. Thanks

Reactions: Buta Singh

ymenghani

Jun 22, 2018
Hi,

You just inform your situation through LOE (letter of explanation). They will automatically add your newborn in your application and ask you go send following information

a) Birth certificate
c) passport
c) medical
d) fee payment of CAD 150

In the mean time get birth certi and passport ready. When they will ask u can do medical and fee payment.

Hi,
Did you submit all the information?
what is the next step and what about medical?
I am in the same situation. Thanks

Reactions: Supernova and Ferny

Ferny

Aug 29, 2018
Hi,

You just inform your situation through LOE (letter of explanation). They will automatically add your newborn in your application and ask you go send following information

a) Birth certificate
c) passport
c) medical
d) fee payment of CAD 150

In the mean time get birth certi and passport ready. When they will ask u can do medical and fee payment.
Hi I have raised a CSE and attached passport, birth certificate and required forms.
After few days they added my newborn baby to my submitted application, but they did not ask for medical, and the application page in Express Entry show only the baby name without the documents that I attached in the CSE. also I did not get any reply to the CSE.
Is this normal or technical issue? can I do the medical test for the baby now, or I have to wait for their reply.
Thanks

Reactions: Rajputkaushal

bharath.kv

Jul 12, 2017
Hi I have raised a CSE and attached passport, birth certificate and required forms.
After few days they added my newborn baby to my submitted application, but they did not ask for medical, and the application page in Express Entry show only the baby name without the documents that I attached in the CSE. also I did not get any reply to the CSE.
Is this normal or technical issue? can I do the medical test for the baby now, or I have to wait for their reply.
Thanks
Hi, Please can you share your experience after that. Did you get COPR for your new born. How long did it take ?

Ferny

Aug 29, 2018
Hi, Please can you share your experience after that. Did you get COPR for your new born. How long did it take ?
Hi
They sent me a medical request Form for the new baby in two weeks after I raised the CSE.
After that the medical changed from passed to under review.
Then after I submited the medical test for the new baby the status changed again to pass within 2 weeks.
After that my status changed to IP2 arround Nov 25.

bharath.kv

Jul 12, 2017
Hi
They sent me a medical request Form for the new baby in two weeks after I raised the CSE.
Then after I submited the medical test for the new baby the status changed again to pass within 2 weeks.
Thank you for your response ..

hareey

Feb 11, 2018
Thanks
Hi..

We need to add our new born baby to our PR application which is under process.
Can you please guide on how to raise CSE and the next steps to take for this to get done?

Appreciate your help!
Thanks.

Reactions: coolcham

hareey

Feb 11, 2018
Hi..

We need to add our new born baby to our PR application which is under process.
Can you please guide on how to raise CSE and the next steps to take for this to get done?

Appreciate your help!
Thanks.
Also, what should be the 'Reason for enquiry' in the list of options for CSE?

bharath.kv

Jul 12, 2017
Hi
Thank you! Did you have to update proof of funds according to the additional family member ?

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hello All,

Can some one help me out with adding new born Baby in under processing PR application. My application is paper based PR application and under AIPP (ATLANTIC IMMIGRATION PILOT PROGRAM). we recently got blessed with baby and now I would like to add him in my application. I know I have to go through Web form, first confusing point over there is there is no such option for AIPP category over there how can I tell them that I am AIPP PR applicant. Also do we have to upload additional documents over Webform or we courier them as my application was paper based???

Your help will be highly appreciated . THANKS

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
I want to add my newborn after submitting my PR application.

Now,

Regarding the IMM 5406 form- Does the principal applicant (me) in addition to my spouse need to fill out the form? That is the impression I got from the instructions in the IMM 5406 form where it says:

"The principal applicant, their spouse or common-law partner must submit their own copy this form."

Did anyone submit two copies of the IMM 5406, one for themselves and another for their spouse listing the parents and siblings of each?

I hope someone who has already done this will be able to clarify this very confusing process of filling out the IMM 5406 for adding the newborn.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
I want to add my newborn after submitting my PR application.

Now,

Regarding the IMM 5406 form- Does the principal applicant (me) in addition to my spouse need to fill out the form? That is the impression I got from the instructions in the IMM 5406 form where it says:

"The principal applicant, their spouse or common-law partner must submit their own copy this form."

Did anyone submit two copies of the IMM 5406, one for themselves and another for their spouse listing the parents and siblings of each?

I hope someone who has already done this will be able to clarify this very confusing process of filling out the IMM 5406 for adding the newborn.

Thanks!
Hi Super Nova,

Yes I did submit separte copies of my form and my partern when we submitted our application for PR. And you should also as information is very clear and you have to submitt copies for you and your partner as well.
We recenlty had an new born baby and Yestertday I sent CSE over IRCC webform to add my baby in my application. I am looking forward to next steps and wonderinh how it will be done ...any experince or knowledge about this??

Thanks

Reactions: Supernova

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Hi Super Nova,

Yes I did submit separte copies of my form and my partern when we submitted our application for PR. And you should also as information is very clear and you have to submitt copies for you and your partner as well.
We recenlty had an new born baby and Yestertday I sent CSE over IRCC webform to add my baby in my application. I am looking forward to next steps and wonderinh how it will be done ...any experince or knowledge about this??

Thanks
Hi Gemini_June,

You need to raise a case with them informing of the newborn first. You can do that using the webform:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

After that, they will prompt you what you need to do step by step.

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Thanks I did that yesterday and now waiting for their reply.

How long does it take for reply back?

Also do we have to post them documents by mail or it depends on type of application we submit ?
Mine was oula
Hi Gemini_June,

You need to raise a case with them informing of the newborn first. You can do that using the webform:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

After that, they will prompt you what you need to do step by step.
anks