+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding New born Baby after submitting the PR Application

May 5, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have a question that one of my cousin Canadian citizen get married back home, after her marriage she arrived back to Canada. She was expected in Canada and went back to Pakistan, meanwhile she already submitted PR application for her spousal under family sponsorship category. Now my query is that when she back to Pakistan she give a birth a baby, So,
1. now what is the process for that baby?
2. How she can include her baby in spousal's exciting PR Application? She is already Canadian Citizen.
3. What forms she needs to submit and where to submit and How?
please Assist

nomi00

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
how can i proceed for adding a baby. i am currently at MP/BIL stage and expecting a child next month.
so far i have read here that i need to inform the iRCC upon birth via webform, related to this i have following queries:

1) when should i raise webform. immediately after birth or wait for gathering the docs. (I have heard that webform reply is expected in 01 month).
2) should the medical of baby is booked in advance or wait for ircc reply.
3) payment to ircc should be made in advance or wait for ircc reply.

if ppr comes before birth then shall i wait to proceed the webform for addition of baby or submit the passports. ( i have heard that if dependent is added after visa stamping then it is a delayed process.

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hi Friends,

Today I got a request letter in the portal to add my new born in the application. They have asked for 4 documents (Fee, Birth Certificate, IMM0008 & IMM5406) and I can see 3 placeholders (BC, IMM0008 & IMM5406) in the portal. But in the letter it also says to send these docs to the High Commission, immigration section, New Delhi.
1. Is it normal to send the docs directly to the immigration office as well as upload it in the portal?
2. Is it ok if I merge the fee receipt pdf with the one of the other documents I will be uploading since, I see only 3 placeholders?

The document says,

"

All requested documents must be submitted via the upload portals within your MyCIC account.

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below.

PLEASE RETURN THIS FORM WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.

Sincerely,
Immigration Section

"
Hi friend, how did you contacted them for the new born request ?

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hi,

You just inform your situation through LOE (letter of explanation). They will automatically add your newborn in your application and ask you go send following information

a) Birth certificate
c) passport
c) medical
d) fee payment of CAD 150

In the mean time get birth certi and passport ready. When they will ask u can do medical and fee payment.
What about new born child photo?

Bn2ca

Mar 6, 2020
Hi all,

I had a question regarding medicals for 1 year old baby. My child has a condition which resolves usually by the age of 4 or 5. When we declare this during medicals for the child, will it make him inadmissible? Any insight would be helpful. Thank you.

Kcrbk

Mar 20, 2023
Hi all,

We applied for PR via EE in October 2022. We've just had a baby last week, and I have a question whether we have to report him immidiately or not.

I'm in a situation where it will take long time to get a birth certificate and a passport for the newborn (we're living abroad I have to get all the docs at my country's consulate, and there are long waiting times). So if IRCC gives me only 30 days after I submit the form, I will not be on time (it will take me 60-90 days). Shall I just wait until I have all the docs? But what will happen if they suddenly approve my PR application in the meantime - will they refuse to add the baby?

Thanks in advance!

Seekerofita2019

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Hello,
Hope someone in similar situation could help me
I want to know how the file proceed if medicals without x-ray would have submitted because of pregnancy? as I am in the similar situation, I have submitted medicals without x-ray due to pregnancy, does other parts of my application like eligibility, background check etc. proceed as normal or everything will put on hold until delivery. Also what about expiration of some documents after AOR? will the expiration of any document due to this delay would impact our application/CRS score? When did you get biometrics request. SO SORRY for so many questions but would be really thankful if someone reply .
TIA

Papoteur

Jul 27, 2023
Just finished adding our newborn baby to our submitted PR application. Here's a summary of the process.
  1. First step was to send a message over WebForm that our baby was born. Something like "Our daughter ZZZ was born on dd/mm/yy, after our PR application was submitted. We would like to add her to the PR application"
  2. In 5 days we received the generic response email from CIC notifying us of all the forms to fill and send back (This email is listed at the start of this thread so I wont repost it).
  3. The email contained a link to payment instructions. Before submitting documents in the next step we had to prepay the CAD 150 fee to sponsor a dependent child. After creating a login and submitting the payment we received a payment receipt in email.
  4. We submitted exactly the below documents over WebForm.
    1. Generic Application IMM 0008 soft copy, filled and validated. We DID NOT print or hand signature this form. We just filled the PDF fields, clicked validate and saved and submitted the validated form.
    2. Birth certificate scan
    3. Medical info sheet scan - We had already completed the baby's medical exam at this point. When my wife and I did our medical exams before the delivery, the doctor scheduled us for a medical exam for the baby post-delivery along with my wife's X-Ray.
    4. Baby's passport bio page scan - Only submitted a single page scan, the bio/profile page.
    5. Payment receipt - This is the emailed receipt from the previous step.
    6. Letter of explanation - A word document with the same text from Step 1. In addition we listed all the documents that we were attaching (1-5 above)
  5. We received a confirmation mail from CIC 7 days after submission which listed all the filenames that we had submitted along with the text "We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration. If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you."
  6. We received an email exactly 30 days after submission which stated that our application had been updated. I logged in and checked the PR application status and in the list of dependents our daughter's name was added.

Some notes about Step 4.
  • The PDF files for the different forms wouldn't open properly in Chrome. I had to download them and then open them in Adobe Reader to access them properly
  • You only need to submit form IMM 0008 to add newborn baby. Form IMM5669 and IMM5406 are only required if you are adding a new adult dependent to the application. Form IMM0008DEP is only required if you have more than 5 family members.
  • We DID NOT submit IMM5669/IMM5406 for the principal applicant and spouse since those details were already part of the original application.
  • For form IMM 0008 we only submitted the completed digital copy. We filled up the PDF on the computer and clicked validate to make sure the barcodes were generated. We did not print or hand sign the form.
  • The WebForm has a size limit of 2MB per document and 3.5MB max for all documents. We scanned all documents (Birth cert/passport/medical) at a low resolution (150dpi, less than 350KB per scan). As long as all the text is readable there shouldnt be any issues. I was able to submit all documents in step 4 in a single WebForm request. However I have read that if you have larger files, you can submit them across multiple WebForm requests.

Hope these details help.
Hi I know it's maybe late, but do you have any template of letter of explanation ?

Reactions: Vision-Air

ishaW

Apr 21, 2023
Hello everyone,

Need some assistance. We have received our ITA, and all stages are complete on the Tracker. We want to now add our new born to the application. The email I received from CSC said to send in the webform and attach the docs with it. It said; if applicable attach IMM 5669, 0008DEP and 5406. IMM 0008 was of course necessary. Can someone please guide me as to which of these forms do I need to fill up. Also, do I need to fill up 5406 only, or wife needs to do that as well.

Thanks,

Amer8796

Jul 22, 2021
Hi,

You just inform your situation through LOE (letter of explanation). They will automatically add your newborn in your application and ask you go send following information

a) Birth certificate
c) passport
c) medical
d) fee payment of CAD 150

In the mean time get birth certi and passport ready. When they will ask u can do medical and fee payment.
What is the add on request? Do i have to upload it through normal Webform?