+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding new born after PPR request but no update in mycic account

kamalt

Apr 13, 2017
Dear All,

I got a PPR and COPR on 6 Dec 2017. My baby was born on 27 Nov 2017. As soon as I received the birth certificate, I informed the London VO to add my child as a dependant through email and CSE. This was done on 7 Dec 2017. I received a response back on 21 Dec 2017 to mail all related documents below to the London VO.
  • processing fee for your child (if accompanying you to Canada)
  • your child’s birth certificate
  • copy of your child’s valid passport
  • 4 recent photographs of your child
  • updated IMM0008 Generic for yourself
  • updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself
  • updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for your spouse
  • a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your child ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp) (not applicable for me)
  • Your child must undergo a medical examination. Be aware that even non-accompanying dependents must undergo medical examinations.
I just did my child's medical yesterday. I have all the documents ready. I will mail them, attach scanned copies to CSE on my application and also email them at LDNimmigration@international.gc.ca and maybe at ottawa.

However, I haven't seen any kind of update on the Express Entry. There is no placeholder on my application on mycic site online to attach any new documents for the child, etc. My PPR is until 4 Jan 2018. There is a new place holder for Passport/Travel Documents only.

I am not sure why they haven't updated the application form. Can someone please help/guide on what should I do to have this updated?

Please help.

Thanks

6212cec

Feb 8, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
Oct-24-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
have u got any updates? i am in the same boat as well.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Dear All,

I got a PPR and COPR on 6 Dec 2017. My baby was born on 27 Nov 2017. As soon as I received the birth certificate, I informed the London VO to add my child as a dependant through email and CSE. This was done on 7 Dec 2017. I received a response back on 21 Dec 2017 to mail all related documents below to the London VO.
  • a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your child ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp) (not applicable for me)
  • Your child must undergo a medical examination. Be aware that even non-accompanying dependents must undergo medical examinations.
I just did my child's medical yesterday. I have all the documents ready. I will mail them, attach scanned copies to CSE on my application and also email them at LDNimmigration@international.gc.ca and maybe at ottawa.

However, I haven't seen any kind of update on the Express Entry. There is no placeholder on my application on mycic site online to attach any new documents for the child, etc. My PPR is until 4 Jan 2018. There is a new place holder for Passport/Travel Documents only.

I am not sure why they haven't updated the application form. Can someone please help/guide on what should I do to have this updated?

Please help.

Thanks
can you please share your exp here ?

Feb 6, 2018
Hi All,

Received COPR but not stamped the passport as my wife was pregnant at that time and we informed the Ottawa office and they gave us one month time to submit Newborn documents after the birth and now I have sent the documents to them through mail and also they have open the application kit to add new born document. I have few question regarding this.

1) I have sent separate PDFs in the mail, size in total is less than 4.5 MB as per there requirement, Do I need to compile all the PDFS and make only one PDF and then sent to them no Idea what is the procedure. Please suggest.

2) Do I have to wait to recieve some medical document from them of my newborn and then I will went to Medical centre or I can go directly to Medical center registered with them and do the medical of Infant.

2) I have filled IMM5406 AND Genereic form IMM0008 and took out the print out and manually signed that and made PDF of that forms is this the right approach.

Please respond I have only 12 days left.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Hi All,

Received COPR but not stamped the passport as my wife was pregnant at that time and we informed the Ottawa office and they gave us one month time to submit Newborn documents after the birth and now I have sent the documents to them through mail and also they have open the application kit to add new born document. I have few question regarding this.

1) I have sent separate PDFs in the mail, size in total is less than 4.5 MB as per there requirement, Do I need to compile all the PDFS and make only one PDF and then sent to them no Idea what is the procedure. Please suggest.

2) Do I have to wait to recieve some medical document from them of my newborn and then I will went to Medical centre or I can go directly to Medical center registered with them and do the medical of Infant.

2) I have filled IMM5406 AND Genereic form IMM0008 and took out the print out and manually signed that and made PDF of that forms is this the right approach.

Please respond I have only 12 days left.
One month time from which date ?

Did you informed CIC , the day kid was born or later ?

Reactions: Sarah1980
Feb 6, 2018
One month time from which date ?

Did you informed CIC , the day kid was born or later ?

Yes Informed in advance at the time they issued COPR but I have not stamped my passport and also informed on mail when my son born but no reply recieved on mail however I have upload all the document by making one pdf in mycic account and they have added my child name in mycic account dont know the further procedure. Please suggest some one have similar situation.

roy0121

Aug 6, 2018
I got AOR in Mar but my wife was pregnant at that time so we cannot complete medical exam (everything done but x-ray).

Now my baby is born and I wrote a letter to IRCC to update that I would like to add my new born baby as new dependent around 1 month ago. However I have not got any feedback from CIC till now.

roy0121

Aug 6, 2018
have done something till now please share your progress.
I got AOR in Mar but my wife was pregnant at that time so we cannot complete medical exam (everything done but x-ray).

Now my baby is born and I wrote a letter to IRCC to update that I would like to add my new born baby as new dependent around 1 month ago. However I have not got any feedback from CIC till now.

Feb 19, 2024
Dear All,

Please help.

Thanks
Hello everyone,
I am blessed with baby on 11 January 2024. And i got my ppr for fswp on 26 January 2024. It was written in ppr to declare all dependants. My wife and my baby is not accompanying me to canada. On 8 February 2024 I submitted all the documents for my baby like passport photocopies, birth certificate, funds, e medical, non accompanying certificate and photographs along with my original passport and two photographs for visa stamping and copr.

But on 23 February 2024 I received a letter from cic that they cancelled my copr and visa counterfoil. They reopened my application and said new decision will be rendered on addition of my baby after eligibility and assessment.

Now my questions are:-
1. What will be the new decision??
2. Will they again check my eligibility and do background check or will they just check the baby documents ??
3. Will they return my unstamped passport back to me or will they keep it with themselves at ircc new delhi for new visa stamping after new ppr??

alisps

Jun 27, 2023
Hello everyone,
I am blessed with baby on 11 January 2024. And i got my ppr for fswp on 26 January 2024. It was written in ppr to declare all dependants. My wife and my baby is not accompanying me to canada. On 8 February 2024 I submitted all the documents for my baby like passport photocopies, birth certificate, funds, e medical, non accompanying certificate and photographs along with my original passport and two photographs for visa stamping and copr.

But on 23 February 2024 I received a letter from cic that they cancelled my copr and visa counterfoil. They reopened my application and said new decision will be rendered on addition of my baby after eligibility and assessment.

Now my questions are:-
1. What will be the new decision??
2. Will they again check my eligibility and do background check or will they just check the baby documents ??
3. Will they return my unstamped passport back to me or will they keep it with themselves at ircc new delhi for new visa stamping after new ppr??
Did you get any reply from ircc im in the situation as you are ...

Feb 19, 2024
Did you get any reply from ircc im in the situation as you are ...
I just received a letter in which they mentioned reopening my file and cancelling copr and visa. New decision will be made after addition of your child into file and checking eligibility.

Now i just want to know that what will be their new decision as I have submitted all the baby’s documents?? Will they approve my file and grant me new copr and visa?

alisps

Jun 27, 2023
I just received a letter in which they mentioned reopening my file and cancelling copr and visa. New decision will be made after addition of your child into file and checking eligibility.

Now i just want to know that what will be their new decision as I have submitted all the baby’s documents?? Will they approve my file and grant me new copr and visa?
did you check the tracker is your copr showing in tracker mine disappeared after i submitted the new born documents ...