Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2013
Hello everyone,

My name is Steven and I applied for my CEC visa in March receiving my AOR late July. At the time of application I did not add my partner Kerryn as we did not have the minimum proof of relationship (1 year tenancy agreement, bank account etc). I am now trying to find out if I can add her onto my CEC application midway, as we now have this proof of relationship, and was wondering if anyone here might have any useful information for me.

It's been a bit of a pain, the proof of relationship stuff, we have been together a real long time but only moved in together and set up a joint bank account just over a year ago.

Thanks in advance,

Steven.

minta7

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Brampton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2011
AOR Received.
22-05-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
19-06-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012 - MED RECD 26-07-2012
Passport Req..
19-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2012
LANDED..........
02-10-2012
Yes, you can add her name. Same story like mine. I added my partner to CEC after i got my Medical Request(because of some document problems). Now her processing is going on. She got her Medical 2 weeks back.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually you can and you must. Failure to disclose a common law relationship same as failing to disclose a marriage if you had married her would be seen as misrepresentation by immigration and is pretty serious business. You should therefore add her to your application as soon as you can.

mlahero

Mar 19, 2012
England
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2013
Thanks for both of your replies chaps! It's really invaluable to get this sort of info, I contacted the Ottawa branch and asked for more information regarding adding my partner to my application.

You guys wouldn't happen to know what forms I would need to fill in would you?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go through all your PR application forms and change all that have changed because you are including your partner. Also go through any forms your partner would have to fill out herself and have her do that. Also inculde her payment. Then mail them to the same address where you mailed your original application with a cover letter stating that you would like to add your partner to your application as you have now lived together for 1 year and she is now your common law partner. Also add proof of living together for 1 year.

Smile26

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
mlahero said:
Thanks for both of your replies chaps! It's really invaluable to get this sort of info, I contacted the Ottawa branch and asked for more information regarding adding my partner to my application.

You guys wouldn't happen to know what forms I would need to fill in would you?
they are similar to the principal applicant forms.