+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Children in CSQ Application (monproject) who was born in Quebec

am13470

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Quebec
Today I received (Inland Applicant) the invitation for CSQ application from Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion Quebec through the Arrima portal. They invite me to apply for CSQ using Monproject. I was applied for CSQ 2.5 years ago and now they stopped it by the bill of 9. I didn't have any children that time. At present I have a baby (1.5 years) who born in Quebec. My questions are:

1. How can I get points from my baby?? Because there are no option like this that I will not accompanying my baby the time of application. When I try to add my baby in the dependent child section then they asked me to pay the application fee for baby (but my baby is already a Canadian citizen by birth).

2. Will I get points under the family live in Quebec section for my baby?

Last edited:

am13470

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Quebec
Hi.
Did you figure out how to add your child properly?
I am in the same situation and I got stuck at this point.
I add my baby in the dependant section and indicate that he was born in Quebec Canada. It's work because midi didn't ask extra money for my baby. You can also add your baby in 'family in Quebec ' section to get 3 points.

Aug 3, 2019
Thank you so much for your reply. Your answer is very helpful. To be more clearly, I just want to ask a little more details.
- When you said "add my baby in the dependant section", is that the same section where you add your spouse? In this case, you add one more person, who is your dependant child, is it correct?
- When you said "indicate that he was born in Quebec Canada", is that when you fill in the blank like Lieu de naissance, citoyenne, etc. to clarify that the baby is Canadian, is it correct?
- When you said "midi didn't ask extra money for my baby", does that mean when you hit the submit button, the online system of Mon Projet automatically calculate your fee to exclude the money for the Canadian baby?
=> I am a little curious, what happened to your payment before in your first message, why did it happen to you that you have to pay for the extra money for the baby.
Thanks for your information on this "You can also add your baby in 'family in Quebec ' section to get 3 points.", I have already done so.
Overall, I wish you all the good luck after waiting for all the struck from the MIDI during the last few months. I was also in the same depression.
Hope to hear from you.

am13470

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Quebec
Thank you so much for your reply. Your answer is very helpful. To be more clearly, I just want to ask a little more details.
- When you said "add my baby in the dependant section", is that the same section where you add your spouse? In this case, you add one more person, who is your dependant child, is it correct?
- When you said "indicate that he was born in Quebec Canada", is that when you fill in the blank like Lieu de naissance, citoyenne, etc. to clarify that the baby is Canadian, is it correct?
- When you said "midi didn't ask extra money for my baby", does that mean when you hit the submit button, the online system of Mon Projet automatically calculate your fee to exclude the money for the Canadian baby?
=> I am a little curious, what happened to your payment before in your first message, why did it happen to you that you have to pay for the extra money for the baby.
Thanks for your information on this "You can also add your baby in 'family in Quebec ' section to get 3 points.", I have already done so.
Overall, I wish you all the good luck after waiting for all the struck from the MIDI during the last few months. I was also in the same depression.
Hope to hear from you.
Q1. Yes. Before Bill 9, me and my spouse was applied together but now I just add my baby in the dependent child section.
Q2. Yes, you got my point.
Q3. Yes, when I submit my application, they exclude the money for my Canadian baby.
Q4. Nothing happened to me. I just guessed before my application submission that I have to pay for my baby but finally when I submit my application every things was OK. Nothing to pay for my baby. Thanks

salbh

Nov 15, 2019
Hi,
Actually i have a same question. I don't see any space to include my child citizenship in dependent child section. She was born in Quebec and i want to include this information to increase the points

Aug 3, 2019
Hi there,
In the end I chose not to include my children born in Quebec into dependent child section.
I called many times to Quebec immigration and always got the same answer, do not add the child born in Canada to that section.
Seems like we will not get points with that. But don't worry because you have already invited, I guessed.
However, there is a section called relatives in Quebec, and you can put one of your children over there and get 4 points. That's as much point as we can get from the kids.
I have actually asked around. My friends have different answers, some added their children, some did not. So my choice is follow what the government said.

salbh

Nov 15, 2019
Hi there,
In the end I chose not to include my children born in Quebec into dependent child section.
I called many times to Quebec immigration and always got the same answer, do not add the child born in Canada to that section.
Seems like we will not get points with that. But don't worry because you have already invited, I guessed.
However, there is a section called relatives in Quebec, and you can put one of your children over there and get 4 points. That's as much point as we can get from the kids.
I have actually asked around. My friends have different answers, some added their children, some did not. So my choice is follow what the government said.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I have not been invited yet. In fact, this is my initial attempt to submit my profile in Arrima portal. I have not done yet. Shall i proceed only just including my child in dependent section without mentioning anywhere that she was bone in Quebec? And do they calculate the points and invite based on information now they see in Arrima now? When i calculated my points, it reaches just 61 including my child and the fact that she is Canadian (including her as a relatives in Canada). What do you suggest?

Thanks

goForit

Jan 14, 2017
Hi there,
my child is born in Quebec. How much points I will get - 3 points (family in Quebec) or 3 + 4 (accompanying children ) ?