+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding a spouse

parlin

Jun 21, 2012
Helloo every one

I had applied for PR under federal skilled worked program last year. At that time i was single and now married.I informed the visa office about the change of my status and they told me that i need to submit an updated generic IMM008 and 5406 ,application fee and PCC . Has one one gone thru similar situation please share your experience. Also they mentioned a completed application kit what does that mean?

Thanks.
Parlin

marvik2011

May 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/04/2010
Med's Request
24/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
No no no
Passport Req..
20/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/07/2012
LANDED..........
end of August 2012
Hey Parlin,
What is your VO?
You should get all doc's which you got for yourself. All PCC's I mean from all countries where your spouse was living for more then 6 months. And form IMM008 general & 5406, now everything with bar code. Be sure you will be doing correctly. Read the instruction guide before.
I hope it helps.
Regards,
Marvik

parlin

Jun 21, 2012
Thanks Mavrik. Actually my visa office was Buffalo but since they transferred to Ottawa, they told me to send them to Ottawa. So the fee should be $550 right ?

Thanks again.

Regards
Parlin

MCBoy

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did exactly the same 3 months before. Mine was buffalo too. Here's what you will need.

1. Revised Application form (IMM 0008) – with your marital status updated and spouse listed as a dependent
2. Schedule 1 – completed by your spouse
3. Updated Additional Family Information – completed by you – with your spouse’s details
4. Additional Family Information – completed by your spouse
5. Fee payment form for CAD 550
6. Photocopy of birth certificate of your spouse
7. Photocopy of your marriage certificate
8. Photocopy of your spouse’s passport bio pages
9. Photocopy of your spouse’s Canada status, if she is in Canada with you, if not, skip it.
10. Photocopy of your spouse’s educational documents
11. Photocopy of your spouse’s employment documents
12. 4 photographs of your spouse
13. Police Clearance from all the countries your spouse have had lived 6 months or more.

Good Luck!

parlin

Jun 21, 2012
:) :) :)Hi Mcboy thanks for your response to my post. This is what they sent to me:

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following documents:

· processing fee for your spouse (If your spouse is NOT a citizen or permanent resident of Canada and will be accompanying you to Canada)
· copy of your marriage certificate (not your marriage license)
· notarized birth certificate of your spouse
· copy of your spouse’s valid passport
· 3 recent photographs of your spouse according to the specifications
· a notarized “no” criminal activity certificate for your spouse
· a completed application kit with all the requirements
· updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself.
· a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec

Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required. All documents must be sent by mail or fax (see fax number and address below.

But You mentioned more than two forms. what do you suggest me and can you share me what happens after i send these documents.

Thanks
Parlin

marvik2011

May 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/04/2010
Med's Request
24/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
No no no
Passport Req..
20/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/07/2012
LANDED..........
end of August 2012
Yep do not forget Fees 550$ Canadian dollars. I think even for Ottawa office you can do it in DD ( Demand draft).
All the best!!!!
Marvik

MCBoy

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I followed a simple rule "Provide all information you have related to what is asked for, let them decide the applicability", this made my task easier, I sent everything that was with me, if they ask or not, my goal is always simple, I don't want the application delayed just because there are gaps or I was lazy in the first place.

So that's what I would suggest anyone who asks me, send them, as much as you can, all they want to make sure is correctness and validity of something. When you send everything, they will jump on your application as it is a cake walk for them. Think of you in their place, if you have 2-3 applications per day, and you know that there is an easiest one, what happens? By providing all info, you make their life easier, and in turn your case faster!

Send what they asked for (Mandatory) + Send that you feel relevant (Bonus, may speed up your file ;))

That's what happened to me, I sent all these docs, and 10 days, I got medical, which I did for both of us, and you can see the timelines, it was pretty fast after that.