whatsinaname

Mar 24, 2010
India
App. Filed.......
10-06-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Hello everyone,

I am a Canadian PR and I applied for spousal sponsorship for my wife last summer (2013). My wife is in India. In last week of Oct we were blessed with birth of a baby girl to my wife. Just around these days New Delhi asked for my wife's passport. Along with the passport we sent in an update about our newborn baby girl and asked for direction for what forms to send to include the baby in the application. We have not received any reply from New Delhi yet. Our baby's official birth certificate got ready last month and we applied for her passport. The passport will be coming in any day now. My query is:

-since New Delhi has not replied to our request for further directions on how to include our newborn to pr application, should we go ahead and fill in all the relevant forms and send them along with required documentations? Or should we wait even more?

-if we do send in the forms, please advice me on which forms are needed to be sent and what documents are needed to be included. Should we send in baby's passport in original? What about the additional fee, is this to be sent in to the centre at Mississauga or to New Delhi?

ps: Although there are many threads on this forum about including the newborns but they were from past few years and since immigration rules keep on changing I decided to ask afresh. Thanks!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
You don't need to wait for New Delhi. Update the forms about the principal applicant (your wife) to include now your dependent as well (your daughter) so that the PR for your wife will also include a PR for your daughter. Also update the family information form, with the new member of the family. Send the passport for your child, the pictures for immigration, and the forms, to the VO, with a cover letter explaining your situation.

Since your wife's passport has already reached New Delhi, you can send the passport for your child as well, so that they have both of them ready when they want to issue the PR.

I'm not sure what is the additional fee, but in any case: pay it online through the CIC website, print the receipt, and add it to the papers that you're sending to New Delhi. Then - scan a copy to Mississauga, informing them that you are sending the receipt to New Delhi as well, so that your payment can be matched to your file.

Good luck,
Sweden

whatsinaname

Mar 24, 2010
India
App. Filed.......
10-06-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
I request some more help please. I have gone through the forms we submitted earlier and this is what I found:

Forms from my side (Sponsor)

1. Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement & undertaking (IMM1344):- Nothing needs to be changed in this form

2.Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM5481):- Ques no 5 A) (num of persons included in box #3 of the Generic Application) would change from 1 to 2

3. Sponsor Questionairre (IMM 5540)-
Q. No. 15 A) List your children ..here data would be given about the newborn...
Q. No. 15 B) If any of your children listed in A do not live with you give details of your formal/informal visitation rights. Indicate how often you visit your children and if you provide any financial support for them.....what should I write here, since my newborn girl is in India and I am a canadian PR?...

Forms from my sponsored wife's side:

1. Generic App Form IMM0008- Q.No. 3, Dependent detail
2. Background declaration IMM5669:- Nothing needs to be changed in this form
3. Additional family information IMM5406:- Add the newborn child's information in the Section B
4. Sponsored Spouse Questionnare IMM5490:- Nothing needs to be changed in this form

Please confirm and advise about the above.

Additionally, my wife's medical would become one year old in about 10 days time. Should she get new medical done and send this along with the forms? Does the newborn also need to undergo medical examination? Should we get hers done too?

Are all these forms to be sent to New Delhi and not to Mississauga?

Thank you for all your advice!

f16

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I (husband case)/ london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2012
Interview........
never
Passport Req..
PPR-1 & PPR-2 on 8 august2014
LANDED..........
26-09-2014
whatsinaname said:
Anyone please?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0001E.pdf

Amendments to the Citizenship Act limit citizenship by descent

On April 17, 2009, the rules changed for people born outside Canada. Citizenship by birth outside Canada to a Canadian parent (citizenship by descent) is now limited to the first generation born or adopted outside Canada

This means that, in general, children born outside Canada to a parent who was a Canadian citizen at the time of birth will only be Canadian at birth if:

the parent was born in Canada, or
the parent became a Canadian citizen by immigrating to Canada (becoming a permanent resident) and being granted citizenship (also known as naturalization).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0001ETOC.asp

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
f16 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0001E.pdf

Amendments to the Citizenship Act limit citizenship by descent

On April 17, 2009, the rules changed for people born outside Canada. Citizenship by birth outside Canada to a Canadian parent (citizenship by descent) is now limited to the first generation born or adopted outside Canada

This means that, in general, children born outside Canada to a parent who was a Canadian citizen at the time of birth will only be Canadian at birth if:

the parent was born in Canada, or
the parent became a Canadian citizen by immigrating to Canada (becoming a permanent resident) and being granted citizenship (also known as naturalization).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0001ETOC.asp
You appear NOT to have actually read the original post. There are no Canadian citizens involved here...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
whatsinaname said:
Additionally, my wife's medical would become one year old in about 10 days time. Should she get new medical done and send this along with the forms? Does the newborn also need to undergo medical examination? Should we get hers done too?

I think you've found all possible changes. The forms, along with the baby's official documents (birth certificate and passport), go to New Delhi to be added to your wife's app.

The baby will need to have a medical with a panel physician. It will basically just consist of a general check-up. CIC is able to extend your wife's medical for another year if needed but sometimes they request a new one. It is possible that they will ask for a new one for your wife but it is also possible that they will extend her previous medical.

baadshah8464

Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whatsinaname said:
I request some more help please. I have gone through the forms we submitted earlier and this is what I found:

Forms from my side (Sponsor)

1. Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement & undertaking (IMM1344):- Nothing needs to be changed in this form

2.Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM5481):- Ques no 5 A) (num of persons included in box #3 of the Generic Application) would change from 1 to 2

3. Sponsor Questionairre (IMM 5540)-
Q. No. 15 A) List your children ..here data would be given about the newborn...
Q. No. 15 B) If any of your children listed in A do not live with you give details of your formal/informal visitation rights. Indicate how often you visit your children and if you provide any financial support for them.....what should I write here, since my newborn girl is in India and I am a canadian PR?...

Forms from my sponsored wife's side:

1. Generic App Form IMM0008- Q.No. 3, Dependent detail
2. Background declaration IMM5669:- Nothing needs to be changed in this form
3. Additional family information IMM5406:- Add the newborn child's information in the Section B
4. Sponsored Spouse Questionnare IMM5490:- Nothing needs to be changed in this form

Please confirm and advise about the above.

thanks for the information