+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding a Dependent Child

Kyle_Steve

Star Member
May 7, 2016
hi

I applied for CSQ in Mar 2013. During this time, I had another child (two in actually now) and sent all necessary documents, fee and change form to Quebec in Feb 2016. But when I received CSQ in Apr 2016, it included CSQs for me, my wife and my elder kid, but no CSQ no infant one. So can someone tell me how long it takes Quebec to process the change request and send the CSQ for additional dependent child. I will have to wait for my little kid's CSQ since I want to apply to CIC for permanent residence as a family unit.

Steve

Kyle_Steve

Star Member
May 7, 2016
I called them, the lady at helpline told me that they have received the package in Feb 2016 and same is also shown on FedEx tracking, She said that application to add a dependent child may be with the concerned department and she can not tell how long will it take for them to process it and that she can not tell the current status, only she tells that my CSQ has been approved and sent to me and that I should apply to CIC. But I am not satisfied with this. What should I do now?

Mchd12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Barquisimeto, Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kyle_Steve said:
I called them, the lady at helpline told me that they have received the package in Feb 2016 and same is also shown on FedEx tracking, She said that application to add a dependent child may be with the concerned department and she can not tell how long will it take for them to process it and that she can not tell the current status, only she tells that my CSQ has been approved and sent to me and that I should apply to CIC. But I am not satisfied with this. What should I do now?
If I were you I'd call again and ask the PR to put me through the person in charge of whatever department that is so I can speak directly to them. If this fails I would certainly wait AT LEAST a few weeks to see if it gets sorted out

nawabsaab

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
bro i guess you should take action quickly becoz once decision is made then it ll be really difficult to change or modify it. I would say that you should send them update through papers and everything
about time there is seriously nothing sure coz quebec cases have timeline but sometime they took more then mension.

Kyle_Steve

Star Member
May 7, 2016
Well! my CSQ has 36 months validity and should be true for everyone else. I believe the status can change any time during this validity duration and we can update Quebec in this regard like adding or deleting a family member or change of address. I am concerned since they got my change application before issue of CSQ they should have sent all together at once.

Kyle_Steve

Star Member
May 7, 2016
Finally, I did get some update on this.

I contacted Quebec and they told me that I sent them request for "adding a dependent child" and "change of address" in same envelope and I should have sent these separately. therefore it is likely missed out somewhere since concerned department has no information on this. They suggested me to resend everything including the fee.

Well I resent them complete set of application including the fee for adding the dependent child. when I contacted them if they have received my latest application (since I did not want to miss it out again this time). they told me that they have found the previous application and fee has been charged on 6th of this June.

Then they told me if this is a duplicate application with duplicate fee Quebec will return me my duplicate free in form of a cheque with the reply. BTW I'm more interested in CSQ than the cheque.

Now I am calling every week to ask about the status of adding a dependent child. But they say its in process.

Can some one tell me How long Quebec would take to finalize this application for adding a dependent child. I want to apply to CIC for permanent residence but I am waiting for CSQ for my child. and without this its being delayed.

naveed1

May 13, 2011
sialkot pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 MARCH 2011
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICANTION ON 5 MARCH 2011
AOR Received.
11 APRIL 2011
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
RBVO 8 MAY 2011 ( in process 2 nov 2011)
Med's Request
17 jan 2012
Med's Done....
8 feb 2012 rprf sent on 10 feb med recevied line added 5 march
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
ppr1 9 july 2012 DM 13 july 2012 ppr2 13 sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 sep 2012
LANDED..........
in nov or december Inshaallah
Kyle_Steve said:

I contacted Quebec and they told me that I sent them request for "adding a dependent child" and "change of address" in same envelope and I should have sent these separately. therefore it is likely missed out somewhere since concerned department has no information on this. They suggested me to resend everything including the fee.

Well I resent them complete set of application including the fee for adding the dependent child. when I contacted them if they have received my latest application (since I did not want to miss it out again this time). they told me that they have found the previous application and fee has been charged on 6th of this June.

Brother i have the same situation so can you tell me what documents you sent to them for adding your newly born baby and did you also send them all csq with your change of application form

thanks

Then they told me if this is a duplicate application with duplicate fee Quebec will return me my duplicate free in form of a cheque with the reply. BTW I'm more interested in CSQ than the cheque.

Now I am calling every week to ask about the status of adding a dependent child. But they say its in process.

Can some one tell me How long Quebec would take to finalize this application for adding a dependent child. I want to apply to CIC for permanent residence but I am waiting for CSQ for my child. and without this its being delayed.

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
Kyle_Steve said:

Can you share the telephone no including the extension you have punched to talk directly with the representative.

arupengr

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
Doc's Request.
TBD
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
IELTS Request
NA
vickyRocks said:
Can you share the telephone no including the extension you have punched to talk directly with the representative.

Can you share discussion summary after talking with Quebec Team?

arupengr

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
Doc's Request.
TBD
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
IELTS Request
NA
vickyRocks said:

+1 514-864-9191 call center of Quebec Team

anurupa.sqa

Aug 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
Doc's Request.
TBD
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
IELTS Request
NO
Very difficult to connect to Quebec call center.

Any easy way??

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
arupengr said:
+1 514-864-9191 call center of Quebec Team
did u applied paper based or through mon projet