+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Added spouse to my CEC applications, any similar case?

Apr 23, 2014
Hey lads, I got married in December 2014 and added my wife to the application on Feb 2015. I sumbitted my application on March 3rd and received AOR on April 2nd. I have 2 questions:

1) Should I expect delay? If yes, how long of a delay will that be - just need arough idea? Its already been almost 12 months since I applied.
2) I'm on a open work permit which will expire in Dec 2015. Can I bring my wife here on a work permit or student visa. If yes, can she do her medicals here or can I get her to do her medical earlier before she come to Canada?

Look forward to your answers.

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
jacksparrowgta said:
Hey lads, I got married in December 2014 and added my wife to the application on Feb 2015. I sumbitted my application on March 3rd and received AOR on April 2nd. I have 2 questions:

1) Should I expect delay? If yes, how long of a delay will that be - just need arough idea? Its already been almost 12 months since I applied. Yes it delays your application , no specific time.how did you add ur wife to ur app ?have u completed new generic form , filled all other dependent forms and submitted to cic?
2) I'm on a open work permit which will expire in Dec 2015. Can I bring my wife here on a work permit or student visa. If yes, can she do her medicals here or can I get her to do her medical earlier before she come to Canada?Yes u can bring ur wife on owp or visit or student.y do u want to bring ur wife on study as it costs more money in college fees unless she really wants to study. ur wife can do medicals anywhere.

Look forward to your answers.

Apr 23, 2014
Thanks for your reply.

1) I have completed all the forms and called CIC and they confirmed everything is complete in the package.
2) It doesn't matter, how she comes. I'm even fine with she coming to Canada on a Visitor visa(OWP is preferred), we just want to be together. She wants to do a one year course, maybe that can be done after we both get PR. Doesn't she require LMIA to get open work permit? What are the chances of she getting approval for any sort of visa?

himonetwo

Sep 18, 2012
I have the similar case . How should I add my spouse to my application ? Is there any link in CIC which explains the process?

zhao207y

Mar 10, 2015
I am in the same situation as you are, me and my wife got married last year Dec, and I applied CEC on last year April, and I added her application on this year Feb, and still waitting for respones.
the email CEC sent to me, ask me to perpare those documentations, I hope those below infor will help your guys:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that your application is following its due course, no documents are required from you at this time.

However since you have advised of a change in your marital status, documents are required to add your spouse to your application (if they are not a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada.

Please contact the Call Centre for more information regarding your Bridging Work Permit.

Please see the information below for how to add your spouse to your application.

If your spouse is not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, he or she must be added to your application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (i.e., medical, criminality and security) whether or not your spouse decides to accompany you to Canada.

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following items:

• Processing fee and right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) for your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada at this time)
• Copy of your spouse’s birth certificate
• Copy of your spouse’s valid passport
• Copy of your marriage certificate
• If applicable, copy of your spouse’s divorce certificate if your spouse was previously married
• Four (4) recent photographs of your spouse according to specifications
• Original police certificates for your spouse
• Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself
• Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse
• A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your spouse
• An original police certificate for all countries your spouse has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years; (for more information, consult the following cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp)

• Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding,

• Wedding reception and post wedding photographs,

• Marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages.
Photos must be loose. Do not send them in binders, albums, frames or other such containers. Do not send video discs or video cassettes. Do not send musical greeting cards or other similar documents containing electronic or mechanical devices. Do not send calling cards.

If your spouse intends to accompany you to Canada, you must pay the processing fee of $550 CAD for your spouse’s application. This payment must be made online:

Go to h t t p eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en
• Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed
• Select the “Immigration” link, followed by “Spouse and Common-Law Partner in Canada Class”
• Enter the number of fee payments (1 ) in the box beside the corresponding fee.
• Click “Submit”
• Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and then follow the instructions to pay with a credit card

Once we have received the processing fee, your spouse’s application status will be changed to an accompanying dependant.

Copies of the original documents are required. If these documents are not in English or French, they must be accompanied with original certified translations in English or French. All documents must be sent by email, mail or fax according to the address and number below. Do not submit originals unless otherwise stated as documents submitted will not be returned.
Your spouse will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate form upon receipt of the documents listed above.
Further information and general inquiries may be found on the CIC website. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free within Canada, at 1-888-242-2100.
Please note that any changes to your situation will likely affect the processing time of your file.
For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and UCI number or application file number.
We will contact you if further information is required.

Regards,

CASE PROCESSING CENTRE- OTTAWA | CENTRE DE TRAITEMENT DES DEMANDE – OTTAWA - HF9908
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Mailing Address: 219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1, Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059
E-mail I Courriel : CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

ANY E-MAILS SENT TO YOU BY CIC WILL END IN “@CIC.GC.CA” OR “@INTERNATIONAL.GC.CA” PLEASE ADD THESE TO YOUR “SAFE SENDERS” LIST IN YOUR E-MAIL PROGRAM AND CHECK THE JUNK MAIL FOLDER IN CASE IMPORTANT E-MAILS GET FILTERED.
Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case