+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Add Spouse in IRCC application after PNP Nomination

Ajay Patel

Nov 3, 2022
I received Provincial Nomination in Ontario, but by the time when I submitted my PNP file my martial status was 'Single' and I got married now. So, am I eligible to apply on 'Married' status for PR in IRCC with my spouse. My PNP application got approved based on 'Single' status and IRCC application status will say 'Married' status. So, my question is am I legally eligible to add my spouse in IRCC profile for federal PR after PNP nomination?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I received Provincial Nomination in Ontario, but by the time when I submitted my PNP file my martial status was 'Single' and I got married now. So, am I eligible to apply on 'Married' status for PR in IRCC with my spouse. My PNP application got approved based on 'Single' status and IRCC application status will say 'Married' status. So, my question is am I legally eligible to add my spouse in IRCC profile for federal PR after PNP nomination?
So if you got married after your nomination and you haven’t applied for PR yet , you have to add yours spouse in your application along with application fees and other supporting documents like marriage certificate, PCCs , proof of relationship.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I assume you haven't received your AOR yet. When you do get your AOR, IRCC asks you to immediately inform them of any significant changes such as to your marital status. So Miss bee is right, but I'd wait till you get your AOR and then inform them with your UCI/EP number straight away with the docs she mentioned.

Once you do that, the lucky girl will automatically win the lottery of Canadian PR all through your hard work and assuming your application is approved. So I hope you married the right person. I wish it was that easy for me lol.

Thilak14

Nov 27, 2023
Thank you.
Well I'm in the same boat, The solutions really helped in clearing most of my questions, but when I upload documents it doesn't give me a separate section to upload my wife's documents.
Should I merge all mine and her documents together and upload in the provided section? Because I don't see any other way of doing it except this.

Kindly help. I'm in the middle of filing a PR application after my PNP, only uploading the documents is left.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you.
Well I'm in the same boat, The solutions really helped in clearing most of my questions, but when I upload documents it doesn't give me a separate section to upload my wife's documents.
Should I merge all mine and her documents together and upload in the provided section? Because I don't see any other way of doing it except this.

Kindly help. I'm in the middle of filing a PR application after my PNP, only uploading the documents is left.
Yes you can do that or you can submit under optional documents under one pdf .