+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Add spouse as accompanying after OINP nomination?

hanzrae2013

May 28, 2021
My outland EE profile (NOC 2173) was created with spouse as non-accompanying due to his family commitments so my CRS stood at 454. In February 2021, when OINP had their tech draw with the cut-off at 453, I was invited to apply. I created my OINP profile stating that spouse is non-accompanying to match my EE profile. I recently got nominated by OINP and 600 additional points were added to my EE profile. My CRS is now 1054 and I am likely to get ITA in the next draw.
During the assessment stage of my OINP profile, my husband decided to accompany me to Canada, but since my profile was under review with OINP, I did not change the status to spouse accompanying. My question is;
1. Can I change my EE profile now to spouse accompanying since his personal circumstances have changed?
2. Should I make this change before or after ITA?
3. Should I simply explain this in a LOE to the IRCC or should I convey this to OINP as well?
I have read contradicting information online stating that if I specified spouse as non-accompanying in my OINP profile, then I should not change it in EE profile before or after ITA.
I have reached out to OINP as well for clarification but in the meanwhile I am hoping someone in a similar situation can shed some light on this.

SunnyBond

Jun 18, 2021
My outland EE profile (NOC 2173) was created with spouse as non-accompanying due to his family commitments so my CRS stood at 454. In February 2021, when OINP had their tech draw with the cut-off at 453, I was invited to apply. I created my OINP profile stating that spouse is non-accompanying to match my EE profile. I recently got nominated by OINP and 600 additional points were added to my EE profile. My CRS is now 1054 and I am likely to get ITA in the next draw.
During the assessment stage of my OINP profile, my husband decided to accompany me to Canada, but since my profile was under review with OINP, I did not change the status to spouse accompanying. My question is;
1. Can I change my EE profile now to spouse accompanying since his personal circumstances have changed?
2. Should I make this change before or after ITA?
3. Should I simply explain this in a LOE to the IRCC or should I convey this to OINP as well?
I have read contradicting information online stating that if I specified spouse as non-accompanying in my OINP profile, then I should not change it in EE profile before or after ITA.
I have reached out to OINP as well for clarification but in the meanwhile I am hoping someone in a similar situation can shed some light on this.
@hanzrae2013 Did you found information regarding this? I am in almost same situation.

I created EE profile last year with spouse as non accompanying because my CRS points were reaching 463 with that. Also, I was hopping to get settles before calling my wife to live with me.
Received invitation for ONIP with this profile (I believe ONIP cutoff for my NOC was 463, so I was kind of last in ONIP and if would have added spouse wouldn't have received it)
This added 600 points in my profile and received ITR in next draw for EE.
In PR application also I mentioned spouse as non accompanying to be in sync.
I submitted all docs and my AOR is Dec 2020. I am still waiting for PR.
Now, I already have job offer from my current employer to transfer to Canada.
Can I add my spouse in my application by raising web form? I see from previous posts that it might trigger recalculation of score, but because of PNP my EE score should still be enough. Will they try to also make sure that I would have received ONIP with spouse?
Anyone has tried adding spouse like this after submitting application?

hanzrae2013

May 28, 2021
I added him to my EE profile after getting nominated through OINP. Our AOR is July 2021. We are yet to hear back on our application. Due to the backlog of cases, they have not started working on our profile yet. I will update this thread when I know more.

Sharon342020

Oct 24, 2021
I added him to my EE profile after getting nominated through OINP. Our AOR is July 2021. We are yet to hear back on our application. Due to the backlog of cases, they have not started working on our profile yet. I will update this thread when I know more.
Thank you very much!!!

SHALLYCANADA

Jun 12, 2023
Hi, could you please update that what happened to your application. As I also want to update my EE after getting 600 points. Could you please guide me exactly what happened to your profile. will appreciate. thanks in advance